PDA

View Full Version : Elkas Installed !!!!

ornerydog7
03-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Elka shocks ordered from Len at Cowtown, they arrived last Friday and finally got around to installing them this morning. Not a bad install, if you take your time and have the right tools. As Len stated the front end would be raised about 2 inches, so adjusted the lights as well. Went for a short ride and noticed some difference. Will be going on a much longer ride (approximately 100 miles +/-) as soon as the co-pilot is ready. It's 70 deg. and sunny skies here in Hot Springs, AR area.

Thanks Len and company at Cowtown for providing excellent customer service. Have a great day everybody!!!

Ralph

pitbull
03-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Glad your happy with them, but waiting on that report for more than just some difference. Let us know what you think of them especially adding the leverage of a passengers weight being adding in. :thumbup:

ornerydog7
03-28-2012, 06:41 PM
Glad your happy with them, but waiting on that report for more than just some difference. Let us know what you think of them especially adding the leverage of a passengers weight being adding in. :thumbup:

Well, the ride did not happen on Monday, but on Tuesday we headed out on some back roads along the Quachita National Forest. The Spyder rides so much smoother now, going into the curves is like Fonz reported, "it's like you are riding on rails". I am very pleased with the shocks, but better than that, the "Wife" really likes how the Spyder handles now. She rides with a new level of confidence. Passenger, what passenger? Best mod to date !!! Thanks again Len.

pitbull
03-28-2012, 07:23 PM
Well, the ride did not happen on Monday, but on Tuesday we headed out on some back roads along the Quachita National Forest. The Spyder rides so much smoother now, going into the curves is like Fonz reported, "it's like you are riding on rails". I am very pleased with the shocks, but better than that, the "Wife" really likes how the Spyder handles now. She rides with a new level of confidence. Passenger, what passenger? Best mod to date !!! Thanks again Len.

That's awesome!!!! And sorry about the passenger thing, I guess I should no assume anything. Thanks for the post glad to hear there working out for you.