PDA

View Full Version : Competing with the Mrs.

Dib52
03-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Well, it's official! After just one short week of ownership, the wife s comfortable enough to go out on her own. She left me today and did a 40 mile ride all by herself, so proud of her. One week in and 375 miles later, we are both so happy we took the plunge! Ryde on everyone!

SPYD1
03-25-2012, 08:37 PM
Careful you will be back at the dealership buying one for you.

NancysToy
03-25-2012, 08:38 PM
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

bitsy224m
03-25-2012, 08:49 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

CyncySpyder
03-25-2012, 09:45 PM
:congrats: Always Great to hear that the significant other is Happy as well :thumbup: Makes me so glad Teddy can't twist the throttle or reach the brake pedal by himself :roflblack:

SPYD1
03-25-2012, 09:47 PM
ya don't have to worry about him if he could...I don't think he would leave without you:D

Paulf10
03-25-2012, 10:34 PM
I know exactly how you feel! :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
03-25-2012, 10:39 PM
:congrats:

Grandpa Spyder
03-26-2012, 04:32 AM
That is great, I am still trying to get my wife to drive ours. She loves to ryde but not drive yet.

RydeOn3Wyfe
03-26-2012, 05:37 AM
Well, it's official! After just one short week of ownership, the wife s comfortable enough to go out on her own. She left me today and did a 40 mile ride all by herself, so proud of her. One week in and 375 miles later, we are both so happy we took the plunge! Ryde on everyone!

I know exactly how she feels..:clap:i too got my M2 a few weeks after my husband:yes: and have to say it is the 2nd best thing in my later years I have done .We now have to make decision's:chat: of who is driving first and who drivers home.Be aware the fun starts:thumbup: now with conversation around the bike from on lookers.i was 62 years when i got my license and will be 64 in a few more months

Bob Denman
03-26-2012, 06:49 AM
...One week in and 375 miles later, we are both so happy we took the plunge! Ryde on everyone!
I hope that doesn't mean that she's now 375 miles from home... :shocked: :roflblack: :thumbup:

Paula(Butch2025)
03-26-2012, 08:15 AM
:welcome:

ThreeFeet
03-26-2012, 08:27 AM
:welcome::congrats: looks like you have two?? Hot dog!! are you ever gona have fun NOW!!!!

Dib52
03-26-2012, 11:43 AM
:welcome::congrats: looks like you have two?? Hot dog!! are you ever gona have fun NOW!!!!

Just one, can't afford two machines at this time. I'm just excited for her losing her fear about taking it by herself. She has done so great in such a short time, I'm proud of her. I did mention that now if she drives it solo, she has to learn to clean it, we'll see how that goes!

ARtraveler
03-26-2012, 11:45 AM
:welcome::congrats: on the new ryde. It sounds like you could become a 2 :spyder2: family soon.

ornerydog7
03-26-2012, 11:49 AM
Just one, can't afford two machines at this time. I'm just excited for her losing her fear about taking it by herself. She has done so great in such a short time, I'm proud of her. I did mention that now if she drives it solo, she has to learn to clean it, we'll see how that goes!

Good Luck with that cleaning part!!! My wife took to it right away, the riding part not the cleaning part. She takes off on it solo all the time!!! Glad to see that the both of you are enjoying the ride, that's what it's all about.

Dib52
03-26-2012, 11:51 AM
:welcome::congrats: on the new ryde. It sounds like you could become a 2 :spyder2: family soon.

...if we'd use the girls tuition $. ONE is gonna have to work for a long time!

Bob Denman
03-26-2012, 11:53 AM
It'll teach them "character"... :shocked:

bullant12
03-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Careful you will be back at the dealership buying one for you.

:agree: Been there... done that!!:shemademe_smilie:

:welcome::congrats:

:agree: But only works sometimes... particulary if you are hungry and don't cook... "Honey... if you clean the :spyder2: I'll do dinner AND the dishes!!" And in my case last night... ended up doing BOTH :spyder2::banghead::banghead::banghead: I need to learn to cook!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-26-2012, 01:07 PM
But only works sometimes... particulary if you are hungry and don't cook... "Honey... if you clean the :spyder2: I'll do dinner AND the dishes!!" And in my case last night... ended up doing BOTH :spyder2::banghead::banghead::banghead: I need to learn to cook!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:[/Q

There's always takeout...
:thumbup: