PDA

View Full Version : Engine Light and no Throttle

bluestratos
03-25-2012, 06:17 PM
I did some wheel cleaning this morning and hosed them off, I had cleaned the bike yesterday so no need to to day, just applied detailer spray was all. It started fine the first time, second time I had the engine touble with only part throttle. I started a third time and throttle was back so I went for ride to return a video. I shut it down in the parking lot about 3 miles away and when I came out, it started but throttle was dead. I shut if off and restarted but same thing, twist the the throttle and no response. Third time it started fine and I went for a 50 mile ride.

I have had the software upgrade and the throttle senser replaced already under warranty as well as a O2 senser a week ago. I have no clue what caused this, the only part that got wet was the wheels and the tires. So, now what?

NancysToy
03-25-2012, 08:07 PM
See your dealer so he can pull the codes out of BUDS. Next time, while it is having trouble, push "MODE", "SET", and the turn signal canel simultaneously, and you can see any active fault codes.

bluestratos
03-25-2012, 09:00 PM
Lucky me, I get to drive 50 miles to see my dealer again, lol...it's got to end some time.. or with any luck it will kill me on the way in.

bluestratos
04-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Well it went a way for a week but its back again. Now I know how to predict it. First, I let it warm up and it was running like crap, loping and sounding like it was going to die. I went for a 40 mile ride and when I stopped for lunch came out and guess what, it would not start at first but when it started it idled way too low and no throttle.

I started a second time and it did the same thing and the engine light came on so I tried to pull the code but blank screen, no code. I shut it off again and same thing. The last started and idled too low but then cleared up and idled where it should be and thottle is back to normal. I did a big loop and as long as the bike was running no problem. When I got home I turned it off for a few minutes then tried a restart and same thing but as it was idling away at 900 Rpm it suddenly started picking up RPM then every thing is fine again. I can repeat this over and over now.

I will get it into the dealer next weekend I hope, I have a Spyder ride on the 15th and heaven help the gods if I can't go, my dealer carries no parts so it always take as least a weeks. I have a gut feeling it is a sicking throttle body.