PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Interest among SpyderLovers

5PYD3R
03-25-2012, 12:05 PM
I have been searching for someone to dyno my Spyder for a while now and may have found a solution. I have found someone that owns a shop that has a Dyno and is willing to adapt a spyder to fit if its worth while for him to do so. I know some of you would like to dyno but its hard to find someone to do it and that has the equipment to do it. He is in Michigan where I am located and I didn't post under Michigan because I thought some of you might be willing to travel a bit for it. So, my question is how many would possibly be interested?

Members interested in Dyno:
1. 5PYD3R
2. Firefly
3. Mr. Orange
4. packbuckbrew
5. Scarn150
6. Docdoru
7. Littlebadwolf
8. Cynluna
9. bonehead
10.SethO

Bob Denman
03-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Good luck pulling together enough bikes to make it worthwhile... :thumbup:

5PYD3R
03-25-2012, 04:41 PM
Good luck pulling together enough bikes to make it worthwhile... :thumbup:

That is my fear. Pretty much told him that it probably wont happen

Smokinspyder
03-25-2012, 04:44 PM
Maybe Spyderfest needs to get something like this ... I think they have portable dynos where you can "drag" race etc on the dyno . I have to get the link to the people who do that , my buddie was thinking about something like this for a show a few years ago .

5PYD3R
03-25-2012, 05:07 PM
Maybe Spyderfest needs to get something like this ... I think they have portable dynos where you can "drag" race etc on the dyno . I have to get the link to the people who do that , my buddie was thinking about something like this for a show a few years ago .

That would be pretty cool. Cant make it to spyderfest though :-(

boborgera
03-25-2012, 05:23 PM
It might be possible to get some Spyders together if you post how many are needed to make it happen:dontknow:
ie ; five, ten, or twenty ??

docdoru
03-25-2012, 06:36 PM
I'm in. ;)

dave01
03-25-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm in. ;)

This does not surprise me at all...:ohyea:
:ohyea::ohyea:

5PYD3R
03-25-2012, 08:29 PM
It might be possible to get some Spyders together if you post how many are needed to make it happen:dontknow:
ie ; five, ten, or twenty ??

I would think that if we can get atleast 10 to start, could probably talk him into it.

I'm in. ;)

Are you serious Doc? Little bit of a ride for you just to dyno. Of course it WOULD be worth it. LOL

Has anyone actually had their spyder dyno'ed? I hear about everyone talking about it and how hard it is to make it happen but have not heard of anyone actually having it done.

joet82
03-25-2012, 08:34 PM
I've been looking for one here in cali and haven't found one that can fit the spyder. I will need it as i just bought a Kewlmetal RS Performance kit and a 2Bros Juice Box Pro.

5PYD3R
03-25-2012, 08:39 PM
I've been looking for one here in cali and haven't found one that can fit the spyder. I will need it as i just bought a Kewlmetal RS Performance kit and a 2Bros Juice Box Pro.

I had that kewlmetal kit and got rid of it before it ever went on the bike. My buddy that is helping me with the dyno is a mechanic and was telling me that even thought the stock airbox is a PITA, it is actually designed very well and will be a lot better than that kit. Advised me not to even put it on. So you riding to Michigan to have your Spyder dyno'ed!!?? :D I can get you on the VIP list LOL

Firefly
03-25-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm in....... Would be nice to do some comparisons between our various setups. Others have done dyno's with their spyders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

joet82
03-25-2012, 11:22 PM
I had that kewlmetal kit and got rid of it before it ever went on the bike. My buddy that is helping me with the dyno is a mechanic and was telling me that even thought the stock airbox is a PITA, it is actually designed very well and will be a lot better than that kit. Advised me not to even put it on. So you riding to Michigan to have your Spyder dyno'ed!!?? :D I can get you on the VIP list LOL

the closest i plan on getting to MI is Missouri during SpyderFest. I agree that there should be a company who can bring a Dyno to the venders area/Cowtown.

DMENTR
03-26-2012, 12:04 AM
Dyno-testing at Spyderfest, Yes! Yes! Yes!:yes:

Here is a start, a mobile rental unit out of St Louis: http://www.tracklab.biz/html/dynojet.html

Can anybody from Spyderfest and/or Cowtown contact them?

Bob Denman
03-26-2012, 06:44 AM
:popcorn::popcorn: I'm just waiting to see what sort of numbers pop up once a few :spyder2: have been chained down and measured... :thumbup:

5PYD3R
03-26-2012, 09:15 AM
I'm in....... Would be nice to do some comparisons between our various setups. Others have done dyno's with their spyders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Awesome! So we got two...including myself lol

:popcorn::popcorn: I'm just waiting to see what sort of numbers pop up once a few :spyder2: have been chained down and measured... :thumbup:

Lets make you the third Mr. Denman! And bring randy down with ya :-)

I am going to start a list at my first post. If we dont make atleast 10, then he wont do it.

Bob Denman
03-26-2012, 10:20 AM
I don't know if Randy is up for a multi-state roadtrip yet...
Unfortunately I'm tied to my desk at work :gaah: or I'd already be on my way...1000 miles is just a good stretch of the legs to me! :thumbup:
Oh..."Mr. Denman" is my Dad or my Granddad... I'm just a Bob...:2thumbs:

5PYD3R
03-26-2012, 10:22 AM
I don't know if Randy is up for a multi-state roadtrip yet...
Unfortunately I'm tied to my desk at work :gaah: or I'd already be on my way...1000 miles is just a good stretch of the legs to me! :thumbup:
Oh..."Mr. Denman" is my Dad or my Granddad... I'm just a Bob...:2thumbs:

Better bring the desk with ya then :roflblack:

Campverdefela
03-26-2012, 10:33 AM

Farmboy had his done after mods, here's the thread http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?37111-Homemade-air-filter-kit&highlight=dyno Results look encouraging....

scarn150
03-26-2012, 11:36 AM
I am interested but if you could PM what would be included as far as dyno and tuning and price, I can let you know a positive yes or no.

5PYD3R
03-26-2012, 12:50 PM
I am interested but if you could PM what would be included as far as dyno and tuning and price, I can let you know a positive yes or no.

That is all to be determined yet since he wants to know if there is even enough call for it yet. I will let everyone know what he says as soon as I can get him more information. We just have to get more members to make it worth while for him to start the project. I am really hoping that we can get enough to do this! I would love to have mine done for sure!

5PYD3R
03-26-2012, 07:19 PM
I'm interested. :ohyea:

AWESOME! Only 6 more guys, lets do this!

packbuckbrew
03-26-2012, 07:24 PM
I would be interested, but I have an RT.

5PYD3R
03-26-2012, 07:26 PM
I would be interested, but I have an RT.

I dont see that being an issue unless someone knows something I dont? To be honest, never really seen an RT up close.

scarn150
03-26-2012, 08:07 PM
I'm in

5PYD3R
03-26-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm in

Thank you scarn! Removing the question mark lol

bonehead
03-27-2012, 05:11 AM
This may be a dumb question, but can this guy adjust PRO JUICE BOX at same time. If so i'm! in
either at Spyderfest or Michigan.

5PYD3R
03-27-2012, 05:57 AM
This may be a dumb question, but can this guy adjust PRO JUICE BOX at same time. If so i'm! in
either at Spyderfest or Michigan.

That is exactly what will happen. He will write a specific map for your bike and program it into your Juice Box Pro. So instead of running off the stock setting 0-3 on the JuiceBox, you will have a map written for say setting 4 which will be specific to your bike and whatever upgrades you are running.

docdoru
03-27-2012, 06:10 AM
Remove the question mark and add me twice. ;)

Bootie
03-27-2012, 06:24 AM
I have been searching for someone to dyno my Spyder for a while now and may have found a solution. I have found someone that owns a shop that has a Dyno and is willing to adapt a spyder to fit if its worth while for him to do so. I know some of you would like to dyno but its hard to find someone to do it and that has the equipment to do it. He is in Michigan where I am located and I didn't post under Michigan because I thought some of you might be willing to travel a bit for it. So, my question is how many would possibly be interested?

Members interested in Dyno:
1. 5PYD3R
2. Firefly
3. Mr. Orange
4. packbuckbrew
5. Scarn150
6. Docdoru?
10.Remember to properly Dyno your scoot you must run it at Maximum Power. Some engines will self-destruct under these conditions:mad:. I wonder if
Docdoru will destroy his third engine?:gaah:

arntufun
03-27-2012, 06:54 AM
The only people that would benefit from the dyno would be the people with the Juice Box Pro or a comparable system.

Poopy, I don't have one. :opps:

dannymax
03-27-2012, 07:04 AM
The only people that would benefit from the dyno would be the people with the Juice Box Pro or a comparable system.

Poopy, I don't have one. :opps:

True, but it would be very interesting to see what different stock bikes are running, how much of a variation there is, how many hp the belt drive robs....all that stuff. :doorag:

docdoru
03-27-2012, 08:28 AM
Remember to properly Dyno your scoot you must run it at Maximum Power. Some engines will self-destruct under these conditions:mad:. I wonder if
:opps: :shocked::bbq:

docdoru
03-27-2012, 08:36 AM
True, but it would be very interesting to see what different stock bikes are running, how much of a variation there is, how many hp the belt drive robs....all that stuff. :doorag:

:agree: and running 106 hp (79 kW) @ 8500 RPM (RS) and 100 hp (74,5 kW) @ 7500 RPM (RT) shouldn't be a problem.

Bob Denman
03-27-2012, 08:40 AM
I really hope that this project yields some results that we can spend the next year or three kicking around and quoting. :thumbup: :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Firefly
03-27-2012, 09:01 AM
Remember to properly Dyno your scoot you must run it at Maximum Power. Some engines will self-destruct under these conditions:mad:. I wonder if

Nahhhh.... Still has rev limiter. These engines can take a beating.

boborgera
03-27-2012, 10:31 AM
Nahhhh.... Still has rev limiter. These engines can take a beating.

:agree: There isn't a engine made that doesn't have a rev limiter of some kind, Especially ones that come with a warranty.

Littlebadwolf
03-27-2012, 10:39 AM
Littlebadwolf & Cynluna..both of ours...from Jackson

Firefly
03-27-2012, 10:53 AM
Guess this gives me an excuse to upgrade my Juice Box to the pro-- or go with a power commander.......

arntufun
03-27-2012, 11:06 AM
Guess this gives me an excuse to upgrade my Juice Box to the pro-- or go with a power commander.......

If you do change, how much do you want for your old juice box ???

Firefly
03-27-2012, 11:28 AM
If you do change, how much do you want for your old juice box ???

For you???

$4,000.00 :shocked:

Bob Denman
03-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Oh that's so mean... :roflblack:

5PYD3R
03-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Only two more and we have ourselves a DYNO PARTY!!:yes::yes::cheers:

Bob Denman
03-28-2012, 07:37 AM
HDX has thrown down the gauntlet :thumbup:; who'll pick it up?? :popcorn:

bonehead
03-28-2012, 10:35 AM
I guess you can add me too, !

5PYD3R
03-31-2012, 01:40 PM
We cant be just one short guys, come on! Still working with him and should have more details soon

docdoru
03-31-2012, 01:45 PM
Just called SethO...

5PYD3R
04-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Just called SethO...

Is he in?

docdoru
04-01-2012, 05:51 PM
SethO is in...:clap::thumbup:

scarn150
04-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Now that 10 people are in, I really hope this comes together. It will be interesting to see the comparisions of the spyders on a dyno and what different mods will do for performance.

Bob Denman
04-02-2012, 12:38 PM
:agree: :thumbup: :popcorn: