PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Door Mod for OEM Seat

InspectorGadget
03-25-2012, 09:59 AM
Well after several months of procrastination I finally completed the Fuel door mod. I see that someone else here beat me to it, but I didn't want to cut up my PE0036 seat so I had to wait on a spare seat.
Thanks to Bob from Utopia I was able to aquire the textured material to cover the door so it matched the existing knee pads. Home Depot provided the hidge and the fuel door itself was cut from the top of a polypropolene 55 gal barrel and shaped using a heat gun.
It wasn't a difficult mod, but took some time to get everything lined up just right.
My wife was so happy as now she doesn't have to get off every time we fuel. C-YA RL

bitsy224m
03-25-2012, 11:36 AM
VERY NICE....WHAT HINGE DID YOU GET AND HOW DID YOU ATTACH IT?

CyncySpyder
03-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Well after several months of procrastination I finally completed the Fuel door mod. I see that someone else here beat me to it, but I didn't want to cut up my PE0036 seat so I had to wait on a spare seat.
Thanks to Bob from Utopia I was able to aquire the textured material to cover the door so it matched the existing knee pads. Home Depot provided the hidge and the fuel door itself was cut from the top of a polypropolene 55 gal barrel and shaped using a heat gun.
It wasn't a difficult mod, but took some time to get everything lined up just right.
My wife was so happy as now she doesn't have to get off every time we fuel. C-YA RL

And make a nice lil proffit for yourself while aiding all of us that would love this mod. So much a pain with Teddys carrier on the back seat, gotta undo him every time we fill up, just a PITA:banghead: I know I'd be interested, depending on shipping & of course, your mod price :bowdown:
:pray:

fastfraser
03-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Nice job.:thumbup: We have the Corbin and love it. I don't understand why this isn't a stock feature from BRP ?:dontknow:

Dragonrider
03-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Yes you do - all of the stuff on a Spyder that's required to be done, and meant for a mentally challenged 12yo?? Everyone knows that it's not safe to fuel a motorcycle while sitting on it!!! Really!!! (huff)

:roflblack::roflblack:

InspectorGadget
03-25-2012, 01:30 PM
And make a nice lil proffit for yourself while aiding all of us that would love this mod. So much a pain with Teddys carrier on the back seat, gotta undo him every time we fill up, just a PITA:banghead: I know I'd be interested, depending on shipping & of course, your mod price :bowdown:
:pray:
There is a possibility that your request could be granted.
C-YA RL

Lamonster
03-25-2012, 01:34 PM
There is a possibility that your request could be granted.
C-YA RL

I know you've sold a lot of your stuff to members here without being a sponsor so if you plan on doing that please play by the same rules as all the other vendors, they help support this site and keep it running.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?28897-SpyderLovers-Supporting-Vendors

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-25-2012, 03:16 PM
Inspector Gadget, you are my kind of guy.....Rock On....Mike....:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

stevedfive
03-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Off topic, where did you get the seat cover?

BikerDoc
03-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Can't wait to see this mod on my ryde.!!!!!

Bob Denman
03-25-2012, 04:30 PM
:popcorn::popcorn: Waiting to see what the pricing is like and if he becomes a sponsor... :popcorn::popcorn:

cjackg
04-15-2012, 06:26 PM
So was the price ever mentioned, and did he become a sponsor ? :popcorn:

Bob Denman
04-16-2012, 06:44 AM
:agree: :popcorn::popcorn:

StanProff
04-16-2012, 08:52 AM

Very nice job!
I am one of those that doesn't mind to raise the seat to fuel and the wife hopps off anyway for safety reasons. (I have seen bikes flame up at fuel stops due to a malfuction of bike or pump). I don't want the wife on there for this reason. Also she likes to walk around between fill ups anyway.
But if I were to do a fuel door I would use your method, Looks good.

Stan

StanProff
04-16-2012, 08:57 AM
I know you've sold a lot of your stuff to members here without being a sponsor so if you plan on doing that please play by the same rules as all the other vendors, they help support this site and keep it running.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?28897-SpyderLovers-Supporting-Vendors

:thumbup: :agree: