PDA

View Full Version : New to Spyderville

lifesaver4you
03-25-2012, 08:09 AM
I will be making my purchase at the end of this week for a Spyder RSS. My town has a lot of U-Turns. I was wondering how a spyder does on u-turns? Also, any tip and pointer that I can get from experinced ryders would be greats.

Thanks everyone

Oldmanzues
03-25-2012, 08:25 AM
Welcome to our World. I would say to start, Read the manual, including doing the parking lot stuff. This is the best place in the world to get Spyder information.
Others with better ways to say things will come here as well.
Ride Safe and have fun
Oldmanzues

Bob Denman
03-25-2012, 08:27 AM
:welcome:and :congrats:
Have you ever ridden an ATV or a snowmobile? Those might be the closest as far as how the Spyder will feel while cornering. :thumbup:If you just take your time, keep a relaxed grip on the bars, and shift your weight to the inside of each turn you'll be fine. You'll soon develop a feel for what the Spyder needs from you to take a corner. :thumbup:

coz
03-25-2012, 08:43 AM
welcome, good to see you here. riding the spyder is different for sure, and takes some getting used to. the turning radius is larger than you would think. just practice some and you'll be fine:thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-25-2012, 09:36 AM
welcome aboard, soon the fun begins.....Mike....dozens here will tell how to ride...just take it slow...there is a learning curve......:thumbup:

Hawk Eye
03-25-2012, 10:37 AM
:welcome: & :congrats: You will love your new ride.

Hawk Eye :yes: :yes: :doorag: :doorag:

arntufun
03-25-2012, 10:54 AM
welcome, good to see you here. riding the spyder is different for sure, and takes some getting used to. the turning radius is larger than you would think. just practice some and you'll be fine:thumbup:

This is not true. You just have to know how to turn it. :roflblack:
:roflblack:
The Spyder turns on a dime and you need very little room, here is a vid to show you Coz !!! :thumbup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dTjeoKXHzWg#t=47s

TicketBait
03-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Very cool video, in the comment section "allthingschrome" said he tricked the computer so the nannys wouldn't kick in. Still very cool:thumbup:

lifesaver4you
03-25-2012, 01:15 PM
This is not true. You just have to know how to turn it. :roflblack:
:roflblack:
The Spyder turns on a dime and you need very little room, here is a vid to show you Coz !!! :thumbup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dTjeoKXHzWg#t=47s

Thanks for this video. It does appear to turn on a dime. I know it will take some time and practice and I'm excited and looking forwared to it. I have not riden any 4 wheelers/ATV before but when I test drove the Spyder RT I new then that it was lot like riding a 4 wheeler. I know I'm really going to enjoy the fun in riding.

arntufun
03-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Thanks for this video. It does appear to turn on a dime. I know it will take some time and practice and I'm excited and looking forwared to it. I have not riden any 4 wheelers/ATV before but when I test drove the Spyder RT I new then that it was lot like riding a 4 wheeler. I know I'm really going to enjoy the fun in riding.

That was a modified Spyder. The Spyder does not turn on a dime or burn out like that in it's stock form. :opps: I didn't mean to confuse you, sorry. :thumbup: It will burn out going straight though.

GloryRyders
03-25-2012, 03:36 PM
:welcome: and :congrats:............let the "mods begin".:2thumbs:

coz
03-25-2012, 04:35 PM
hey arntufun, yeah i've seen that video before, some people have more money than brains, but it is fun to watch. i want to see that done on an R T:roflblack: Any volunteers? :popcorn:

SpyderAnn01
03-25-2012, 05:12 PM
:welcome:

SPYD1
03-25-2012, 05:15 PM
:welcome:

NancysToy
03-25-2012, 05:47 PM
As you may have gathered, the Spyder has a large turning radius (and is wider than a bike), so it requires a driveway or wide street for a U-turn. The RT is worse, since the handlebars hit your thigh at full lock, so you need to jockey yourself around to acoomplis a U-turn. Now the good news!...The Spyder has reverse, so it is easy to just pull into a drive and back out, or to make your turn in a couple of moves. I would not let the prospect of U-turn discourage you from trying a Spyder. Besides, if you circle the block, you get to ride farther. :D

ARtraveler
03-25-2012, 07:25 PM
:welcome: :congrats: on the new ryde.

lifesaver4you
03-25-2012, 08:37 PM
As you may have gathered, the Spyder has a large turning radius (and is wider than a bike), so it requires a driveway or wide street for a U-turn. The RTY is worse, since the handlebars hit your thigh at full lock, so you need to jockey yourself around to acoomplis a U-turn. Now the good news!...The Spyder has reverse, so it is easy to just pull into a drive and back out, or to make your turn in a couple of moves. I would not let the prospect of U-turn discourage you from trying a Spyder. Besides, if you circle the block, you get to ride farther. :D

Oh I will not let the U-turns discourage me at all. Like you said I'll just get to drive a little longer to get where I am going. I'll just choose a different routes to get where I'm going.

CyncySpyder
03-25-2012, 10:09 PM
:congrats: & :welcome:

The Spyder RT-S was our first byke ever, no other ryding experience at all, not even ATVs, only traditional 4wheeled cars & trucks. 2 years later & now our Spyder is our ONLY mode of transportation & couldn't be Happier :yes::yes: Its NOT like anything else on the road, including traditional trikes, its in a category of its own & does take a few hundred miles of smiles to "Get It" but once you do, few ever go back, the comfort, safety features & most importantly, the "RYDE" are VERY ADDICTIVE :clap: ENJOY :clap: