PDA

View Full Version : what's this breakfast table ?

jos
03-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Looks like a breakfast table, this bit of plastic in the back trunk of the RT. Fastened with VELCRO, and velcro glued onto the casing.
What is the use for this?...when it is a warm day here (40C plus or 100F plus), the glue lets go and this breakfast table let's go. I have removed it and it now sits in a pile of "maybe of use some time in the future" bits. Anyone any idea on what to do with this?

Paulf10
03-24-2012, 05:40 PM
I was just looking at the same thing today. The only use I could find for it was to hold my iPod in place against the back wall rather than to just hang.

However my friend showed me his RT S, which does not have the "breakfast table", and he used a nice small leather pouch velcro to the back wall to hold the iPod. It looked great and took up much less room than the table.

CyncySpyder
03-24-2012, 11:24 PM
We've had a 2010 & now a 2011 RTS and neither came with a "breakfast table" so whats up with that :lecturef_smilie::dontknow::hun:

Elwood58
03-24-2012, 11:44 PM
I assume you are talking about the piece for the back luggage area. It creates a shelf, with storage underneath. The shelf is meant to hold an optional storage bag.

jos
03-25-2012, 05:31 AM
yes, it can be un-velcro'd and drops like a place where you can put your KFC and have it.
One side for the solids and one side for the liquids;)

Bob Denman
03-25-2012, 08:06 AM
A picture might be nice... :shocked:

Toys42
03-25-2012, 09:05 AM
Part of the shelf kit is a strap with a snap connector which supports the shelf in the lowered position when it is connected. I store the :spyder2: cover in the bottom of the compartment to help keep the shelf up in case I forget to reconnect the strap.

Yes you can fold it up to store your I-pod. The rear luggage only fits correctly with the shelf in the lowered position.