PDA

View Full Version : Central Arkansas Spyder Ride on April 7, 2012

Chuckster
03-24-2012, 04:31 PM
Greetings everyone. I rode about 250 miles yesterday and riding weather is here. What a great time.

With that in mind, our next Spyder ride will be on April 7, 2012. Our good friend Spyderpops will be leading the ride and here are the details.

Leave Bradford Marine in Hot Springs at 10 AM to give out of town riders time to arrive. Please be full of fuel when you arrive at Bradfords.

We will ride highway 7 and comparable roads toward Russellville. This is classified a "Scenic Byway" for a reason. What a great road.

We will lunch at the "Whataburger" which is a tradition in Russellville. I ate there yesterday and the food is great....especially the homemade fried pies.

After lunch, we will split up and those from Little Rock and points North will head East and those from Hot Springs will head back a different way.

Bradford Marine in Hot Springs has all non current Spyder items on sale with a 30% discount so be sure to check out the merchandise.

Hope to see everyone on April 7th. Please call with any questions.

Chuckster
501-804-0639

SPYDERPOPS
04-02-2012, 08:27 AM
Where is everyone? I'm going for sure!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?jqk4bk

ArkTerry
04-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Im at about 80% yes. Just keeping eye on weather forecast and if my back (its been flaring up a bit the past few weeks) is not hurting too bad for such a long day for me, since from Jonesboro like when we went to Mena from Hot Springs last fall, I am looking at another 500 mile day probably and 12 to 15 hours on the go, etc..

I have highway 7 on my "need to ride list" so really would like to make it.

ArkTerry
04-04-2012, 08:08 AM
Well, so only three of us? Chuck, Spyderpops and me? Is everyone just off riding and not checking these forums? (hopefully) or did everyone sell their spyders over the winter? LOL

Weather looks perfect, so absent any unforseen issues, I will make the long trip to join in.

ornerydog7
04-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Hey Chuck, as I mentioned when we met at the RV show in Little Rock these rides seem to always fall on the week end that I am working. The ride along Hwy 7N is a really nice ride especially on a clear day.

Ralph

FaranH
04-04-2012, 10:01 AM
We've got a day full with a soccer game, a church Easter egg hunt, and a B.A.C.A. (Bikers Against Child Abuse) Easter egg hunt. At least I'll get to ride to the last one!

Can't wait to do Hwy 7 with you guys sometime soon. Get me out of soccer season and I should be ready.

Terry - get that 'Iron Butt' ready! :ohyea:

SPYDERPOPS
04-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Earnie and Lee are going from here.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0anmdo

ArkTerry
04-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Ok, see you guys between 9am and 10am tomorrow at Bradford @ Hot Springs.

I think after we lunch in Russellville, I am going to hit Mt Nebo, then north route to Paris, AR then down to Mt. Magazine, then south route over to Petit Jean Mt. then head home. (I have lived 50 years in Arkansas hearing about all three of those, but never been to any of them, so figure I will check all three out while in the area)

GPS trip planner shows me 536 miles, 10hr, 15 min + stops for gas/lunch/site seeing = 15 to 16 hour day probably.

Cya in the morning!

gene0108
04-06-2012, 03:10 PM
This ride sound like fun. Wish I did not live so far away. Can't wait to ride thru your area on the way to Cuba.

Sent from my MZ617 using Tapatalk

JJW SpyderRider
04-06-2012, 03:59 PM
I will be visiting my mother in Harrison on the 21st before Spyderfest. Are there any other riders in this area? I do plan on doing a ride on Sunday down HWY 7 through Dogpatch through Jasper. Then take 73 to Ponka then up 43 back to Harrison. The route is 60 miles with no straight road over a mile long. Lots of twisties and some cutbacks. :yes: If there is anyone in the area that would like to join me just let me know.

Farmboy
04-07-2012, 05:35 AM
I have talked to Spyderpops on Friday. Going to have to pas on this one... Have a man and his crew out this morning to cut trees and he going to want his money when he is done. one over the house and is splitting. 2 is as big as my truck is wide. BIG clean up this weekend. I would rather be out with you all.

ArkTerry
04-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Great ride yesterday and perfect weather! Highway 7 from Hot Springs to Russellville was very scenic. Hade a great lunch at Whataburger. After I left ya'll I hit Mt Nebo which I loved and then over thru Petit Jean before back home on back roads thru central Arkansas. 12.5 hrs and 485 miles for me! Here are two pics from the many I took and a link to all I took (most are with my mounted Drift 170 HD camera), which include ones I took when I left the group after lunch.

Thanks Chuckster and SpyderPops for planning/leading the ride! I enjoyed your company and the others as always!

Link for all the pictures I took that day including Mt. Nebo & Petit Jean:
http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u27/ArkTerry/Spyder ride Hot Springs to Russellville Apr 6 2012/

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u27/ArkTerry/Spyder ride Hot Springs to Russellville Apr 6 2012/FILE0023.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u27/ArkTerry/Spyder ride Hot Springs to Russellville Apr 6 2012/IMG_0562.jpg