PDA

View Full Version : Custom Re-Paint?

WingmanRT
03-24-2012, 03:53 PM
Looking at couple of 2010, 2011 Spyders for the Mrs., but the colors are so dark and I want her to be visible. Anyone know someone in North or South Carolina that does really professional quality paint work for (and is experienced with painting) Spyders? I'm thinking white or Yellow (like the 2009s).

SusanOnRed
03-24-2012, 07:43 PM
Looking at couple of 2010, 2011 Spyders for the Mrs., but the colors are so dark and I want her to be visible. Anyone know someone in North or South Carolina that does really professional quality paint work for (and is experienced with painting) Spyders? I'm thinking white or Yellow (like the 2009s).

Wingman, there is a guy in Denver, NC that detailed my hubby's RT and will be doing mine when I decide what I want. I do know that he repainted a Spyder with a custom paint. You can see pictures on his Facebook page (you will see Chuck's blue RT there also). Look under Jake Lettering and Design. He also has a website: jakeletteringanddesign.com. His phone is 704-966-0322. He is a really nice guy and I am sure he can answer your questions.

WingmanRT
03-26-2012, 06:59 AM
Wingman, there is a guy in Denver, NC that detailed my hubby's RT and will be doing mine when I decide what I want. I do know that he repainted a Spyder with a custom paint. You can see pictures on his Facebook page (you will see Chuck's blue RT there also). Look under Jake Lettering and Design. He also has a website: jakeletteringanddesign.com. His phone is 704-966-0322. He is a really nice guy and I am sure he can answer your questions.
I looked at his site and FB page. Did he do the whole paint job on the spyder or just the pinstriping?

fastfraser
03-26-2012, 07:03 AM
I think all the LED kits that are available for the Spyder make it very visible night and day , even on a black one .:thumbup:

JCSMOKE
03-26-2012, 09:33 AM
Any auto body shop or collision center should be able to paint the parts for you easily and with any color that you decide on.

TicketBait
03-26-2012, 09:50 AM
I think all the LED kits that are available for the Spyder make it very visible night and day , even on a black one .:thumbup:

:agree::agree: however if you are wanting a bike that stands out from the crowd of other spyders, then picking a unique color not offered is the way to go.

Campverdefela
03-26-2012, 10:40 AM

HOT PINK!!!!! http://blog.motorcycle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/hot-pink-motorcycles.gif

SusanOnRed
03-26-2012, 03:07 PM
I looked at his site and FB page. Did he do the whole paint job on the spyder or just the pinstriping?
On Chuck's blue RT, he did the pin striping. But the red and black fade paint, I understand started out as a blue Spyder. He knows a lot of people in the business,too.

WingmanRT
03-28-2012, 04:41 PM
:agree::agree: however if you are wanting a bike that stands out from the crowd of other spyders, then picking a unique color not offered is the way to go.

I am not so concerned with "unique" as I am "visible". My white RT Limited stands out day or night, but at night the black RT goes all Batcycle and invisible. We are looking into LEDs for the bottom to give an under glow from the side view at night. I may wait a while and see ho wmuch real night ryding she actually does before dropping the dime on paint or LEDs. I like the Yellow mentioned above. I have to admit the black is sexy as hell, I am just worried that is where it will end up! :sour:

Questions
03-28-2012, 05:34 PM
After finding out that FastSigns wanted so much money for a wrap, I checked with a local autobody place that is known for great paint jobs, and they can repaint it any color and some simple graphics, plus then clearcoat it all, for about $1500 so that's an option. If I do that I'll get the same color I had on my old Duster 340, it was a light bright green but VERY light and bright, before they darkened it up in later years. I figured that would really stand out as unique, yet very visible, and would look great with the black accents

murlaw703
03-29-2012, 01:17 AM
Have you ever considered some very high quality vinyl graphics (http://www.powersportswraps.com/vehicle-vinyl-wraps/cam-am-spyder-kits/). I put them on mine and am very happy. They protect the paint, are very thin and remove easily if you ever want to change. Click on the colored text and it will take you to where I purchased mine. Pete is the owner and you could not ask for a more quality customer service oriented person. They make some GT stripes that glow in the dark that are really cool.

Just an alternative to paint and much less expensive....:ohyea: