PDA

View Full Version : News Flash! The Long Awaited Firstgear Kilimanjaro Day Glo Hi Vis Jackets are IN!

BajaRon
03-23-2012, 10:48 PM
I know a lot of you have been waiting for this jacket and they are finally IN! This is the All New, redesigned 2012 jacket, not the discontinued version.

Price Deliverd $249.00

Will deliver World Wide (International shipping cost based upon destination)

Here is the Hi-Vis Day Glo Version. I have all colors and sizes in stock now.

It's best to email me at fyredad@hotmail.com but you can also PM me if you wish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDwEFJoTjjo&feature=player_embedded

http://www.atomic-moto.com/assets/images/product_images/firstgear/firstgear-kilimanjaro-jacket_HiViz.jpg

This new 2012 Firstgear Kilimanjaro jacket is the sixth gen from FirstGear. The Kili is practically an adventure touring icon, at one time the #1 ADV jacket in the world. We loved the old models, and the newest version has improved on that foundation. Here is what you need to know:

The outer shell is the waterproof layer. That's right, no drop liner. Again...the 400 denier nylon outer shell is 100% seamed sealed, This means that jacket stays light and dry, and the rider stays warm. There is no other jacket at this price point with this feature....especially one this good.

Really smart feature set: An under collar rain hood keeps water from dripping down your back. Lots of vents, two shoulder, two underarm, and two back vents. AND.....a big upgrade this year.....fully adjustable d30 T5 CE armor in the shoulders and elbows. The d30 armor delivers the same protection as standard CE foam armor, but is thinner and more flexible, resulting in a much better feel. Another great feature is the slider closure on the collar. This allows 1 of adjustment, and keeps the collar from choking me out while riding.

Huge Improvement in Fit: The old Kili fit well, but was boxy. The 2012 version is much more shaped, and follows the riding position much better.

A well executed design: Many products are better on paper, or get more buzz. But the real measure of success for gear companies is how well they execute their designs. Product managers enter into a minefield when they take the specs from the designer and actually develop the product with the manufacturer. Most product managers fail this test (in fairness, it is incredibly difficult) and end up with products that have flaws. The FG guys are different, frankly, we are amazed at some of the small details they have clearly addressed. This Kilimanjaro is a shining example of that. It does everything well, looks good, and is actually a bargain. In a very low key way, it is one of the most impressive products we sell.

You can see more info on this jacket here
http://www.firstgear-usa.com/TextileJackets/CSSKilimanjaro.html

CyncySpyder
03-23-2012, 11:08 PM
Nice, just wish they came in Viper Red :( as well.

BajaRon
03-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Nice, just wish they came in Viper Red :( as well.

http://www.cyclebuy.com/shopping/firstgear/images/rainier/rainier_dk-red-black.jpg

ornerydog7
03-24-2012, 06:42 AM
:ohyea::yes: So glad to see this posting!!! Email sent. :thumbup:

Yol Bolsun
03-24-2012, 07:34 AM
SWMBO and I have the 2011 Kilmanjaros in dayglo hi- viz. Love them! Proved their worth last weekend in coolish AM riding as well as rain during better part of ride home from NE TN. :2thumbs:

BajaRon
03-25-2012, 06:37 AM
SWMBO and I have the 2011 Kilmanjaros in dayglo hi- viz. Love them! Proved their worth last weekend in coolish AM riding as well as rain during better part of ride home from NE TN. :2thumbs:

These are an awesome jacket and a big seller in the Hi-Vis DayGlo color.

NancysToy
03-25-2012, 07:46 AM
Ron, do you carry the tall sizes too, or can you order them?

BajaRon
03-25-2012, 04:34 PM
Ron, do you carry the tall sizes too, or can you order them?

Scotty! For you... I'll sew it myself!

Yes, I have all sizes including Tall.

spydee owner
03-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Can you get these in the black, or just the high visibility? Also, return policy (for example,if there is a quality issue).

BajaRon
03-25-2012, 08:59 PM
Can you get these in the black, or just the high visibility? Also, return policy (for example,if there is a quality issue).

Unfortunately, the truth is demand has been outpacing production. Usually I would have all sizes in all colors. But right now these are the sizes I have in the Black Kilimanjaro jacket

Black Kilimanjaro Jacket sizes in stock now. Keep in mind that the Kilimanjaro runs about a size larger than the average jacket. A Large will fit like an XL and so on.
Large
XL
4XL
XLT
2XLT

I really expect our supply of the DayGlo jackets to go quickly once people find they are in stock.