PDA

View Full Version : Ipad HELP

murphybrown
03-23-2012, 06:27 PM
OK got me this "new" Ipad (first one I've owned)....I want/need to set up so that I can sent one email to multiple recipients (group). Anyone done this...I use gmail as my email program...? Getting ready for my ryde aross America ... able to have group on my Mac Laptop...but purpose of ipad is to eliminate taking laptop....
Thank you for helping me thru this one.....:bowdown:

Arr MiHardies
03-23-2012, 07:07 PM
You can't add a group of recipients like you can on a full Mac. It really sucks. There are some clunky work arounds, none I like though. You can add multiple recipients. one. At. A. Time. but you can't just type the name of a group and send to the group like you could on a full computer.

jvicker
03-23-2012, 08:26 PM
I think I got this?:dontknow:

First send everyone you want in your "group" an email. Then go into the sent folder. Press and hold each email recipient and touch "Add to existing contact". And call that contact " Mo Gang " or whatever. Continue doing that on every email contact you want in that group. The next time you compose an email, you should be able to touch the blue plus sign on the "to" line and select your group. I'm sure there probably an easier way but in the quick 5 minutes I tried to figure this out, that's what I was able to figure out.

Hope this helps.

Dragonrider
03-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Easier way is to send an E-mail to your entire list, and include yourself. Then Reply All, and change the content.

BTW, you can charge our iPad with the iPod connection, and I managed to play music once… never leave home without it. I have a new iPad as well, upgraded from Version 1….

Arr MiHardies
03-23-2012, 09:18 PM
I think I got this?:dontknow:

First send everyone you want in your "group" an email. Then go into the sent folder. Press and hold each email recipient and touch "Add to existing contact". And call that contact " Mo Gang " or whatever. Continue doing that on every email contact you want in that group. The next time you compose an email, you should be able to touch the blue plus sign on the "to" line and select your group. I'm sure there probably an easier way but in the quick 5 minutes I tried to figure this out, that's what I was able to figure out.

Hope this helps.

Like I said. Clunky work around. Easy to add people. Not so easy to remove.

kentompkins
03-24-2012, 01:02 AM
Actually, there is an app that handles this very well. It's called Mailshot Pro. I've been using it for some months and it works fine. Here's the link:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mailshot-pro-group-email-done/id445996226?mt=8

ken tompkins

OK got me this "new" Ipad (first one I've owned)....I want/need to set up so that I can sent one email to multiple recipients (group). Anyone done this...I use gmail as my email program...? Getting ready for my ryde aross America ... able to have group on my Mac Laptop...but purpose of ipad is to eliminate taking laptop....
Thank you for helping me thru this one.....:bowdown:

Arr MiHardies
03-24-2012, 01:53 AM
Actually, there is an app that handles this very well. It's called Mailshot Pro. I've been using it for some months and it works fine. Here's the link:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mailshot-pro-group-email-done/id445996226?mt=8

ken tompkins

I tried it and didn't care much for it. I guess it's too much to ask for apples address book on the iPad to function identically to the one on OS X

WingmanRT
03-24-2012, 07:25 AM
I tried it and didn't care much for it. I guess it's too much to ask for apples address book on the iPad to function identically to the one on OS X
there's an app called"groups" that does it. I think it is free. I use it on my phone to text my team all at once yo can email or text whole or partial groups