PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Riders

Mainiac
03-22-2012, 08:48 PM
Where are all the SA :spyder2:. I can't believe with the great weather we've been having and the hill country in our backyard that i never see any :spyder2: S on the road. I went to a bike nite last night sponsored by STS (a spyder dealer) and only two :spyder2:s were there. What's up:dontknow:. I know we can do better.

GypsyBill
03-25-2012, 10:06 AM
We live up in the Hill Country (north of Bandera) and with all the bikes out Friday and Saturday, I saw 3 Spyder RTs, one parked at the OST and two on the road (none were mine :( ). Would like to come down for the bike nite... but gotta wait until it gets dark later... don't like dodging the deer on hwy 16 going home... cya on the road some time..

Mainiac
03-26-2012, 06:30 PM
We live up in the Hill Country (north of Bandera) and with all the bikes out Friday and Saturday, I saw 3 Spyder RTs, one parked at the OST and two on the road (none were mine :( ). Would like to come down for the bike nite... but gotta wait until it gets dark later... don't like dodging the deer on hwy 16 going home... cya on the road some time..
How long have been with the Gypsies? My wife used to be treasurer for HHH. The gypsies did great things for that charity. I usually head to Bandera on the weekends. We need to connect some time.

glynnk
03-26-2012, 08:40 PM
Where are all the SA :spyder2:. I can't believe with the great weather we've been having and the hill country in our backyard that i never see any :spyder2: S on the road. I went to a bike nite last night sponsored by STS (a spyder dealer) and only two :spyder2:s were there. What's up:dontknow:. I know we can do better.

A number of years ago, the Houston Spyder folks met up with San Antonio Spyder riders for several lunch meets. LaGrange, Shiner and Moulton were the three places I remember. How bout doing something like that again? You folks drive east and we'll ride west and meet up somewhere between. Got any suggestions? We always had a great time. What do you think?

Glynn

Mainiac
03-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Sounds like a great plan to me but I only know a couple of other riders and I can't seem to get any other SA riders motivated.

Schnauzer
03-28-2012, 06:53 AM
Sounds like a great plan to me but I only know a couple of other riders and I can't seem to get any other SA riders motivated.
There are quite a few Spyder Ryders on .. www.meetup.com (http://www.meetup.com) Central Texas Spyder, Mainly around the Austin area.. But can you put a limit on the mileage to enjoy what you love to do.."We Don't":yes:

Air Force PAO
03-28-2012, 06:10 PM
Kyle is in the neighborhood...when do we ryde?

glynnk
03-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Kyle is in the neighborhood...when do we ryde?

Throw out a date, time and location and I bet we can be there.

Glynn

GypsyBill
04-02-2012, 10:53 AM
How long have been with the Gypsies? My wife used to be treasurer for HHH. The gypsies did great things for that charity. I usually head to Bandera on the weekends. We need to connect some time.

I have been a Gypsy off and on since 1989 (started with the San Antonio chapter)... left the state twice to areas where there were no Gypsy chapters, so since 1989, I have about 8 years total... this go around, I have been with the Hill Country chapter for about a year with no plans of leaving Texas again.. afterall, I don't work, so I don't need to move ;).

We should meet for b'fast at the OST sometime.. or lunch... I am between Gypsy runs for a bit so will be "free lancing" a bit... also... contact "Big Red 1" on this forum for info on the Texas Trike Reunion happening the 5th thru 7th of this month.. Look for the thread in the Texas forum area..

Jimsta
05-15-2012, 07:56 PM
Live out in Shertz and got my RS about a month ago. Set up a ride I want to go!!!!

Cuffs19
10-26-2012, 01:19 AM
New SA Rider here! Should have my new (to me) 2010 RT-S sometime next week! Can't wait to start riding!

AlamoRyder
10-26-2012, 04:23 PM
New SA Rider here! Should have my new (to me) 2010 RT-S sometime next week! Can't wait to start riding!
My wife and I both have 2012 RT’s (we just purchased hers in Greenville, Tx at Louis Pwer Sports with a great deal on a red RTS SE5) and have had trouble getting in contact with Central Texas Riders or any other groups around the area. I have sent two different emails and neither contacts brought responses. We did meet up with Daryl and Linda Ingram out of Bandera a few weeks ago in Leakey. We pulled into a gas station as they were filling up. We had a nice ride through the Three Sisters. It would be nice to meet a few others with the same interests but we will have fun on our own if we have to. Seems like there should be several RT owners in the SATX area.

Lamonster
10-26-2012, 04:26 PM
:welcome:

flamingobabe
10-26-2012, 04:44 PM
there is a group near Houston that get together often...2 different groups out in Kerrvilee last weekend and weekend before in Fredericksburg....we need to post on the Texas board more frequently...like every week so we all know what's going on..welcome

ingramsail
10-26-2012, 04:46 PM
My wife and I both have 2012 RT’s (we just purchased hers in Greenville, Tx at Louis Pwer Sports with a great deal on a red RTS SE5) and have had trouble getting in contact with Central Texas Riders or any other groups around the area. I have sent two different emails and neither contacts brought responses. We did meet up with Daryl and Linda Ingram out of Bandera a few weeks ago in Leakey. We pulled into a gas station as they were filling up. We had a nice ride through the Three Sisters. It would be nice to meet a few others with the same interests but we will have fun on our own if we have to. Seems like there should be several RT owners in the SATX area.

Great, now Linda will want one. We been riding with the the Hill Country Motorcycle Riders of Texas (HCMR) Meet Up Group on Thur..
May need to start a new Spyder rider group.
Daryl

twain
10-26-2012, 05:01 PM
We were in Bandera last weekend riding the sisters. You guys have some beautiful areas to ride through. Especially the sisters :bowdown:

LindaG
10-26-2012, 05:04 PM

Maybe we can ride next week.

ingramsail
10-26-2012, 05:10 PM
If you come to the Hill County let us know we are always up for a ride.

crw8781
10-27-2012, 10:59 PM
Today was a perfect day to ride, to bad I didn't see any :spyder2: on the road.

ingramsail
10-28-2012, 09:46 AM
We were on the back roads south, east and north of Fredericksburg. We try to ride with the Hill Country Motorcycle Riders of Texas (HCMR) most Thur. and Sat. ,check it out on the web and come ride.

ingramsail
10-28-2012, 05:37 PM
Any other SPYDER riders want to enjoy the day,Wed 31th, two Spyders will leave exxon station on SH 16 one mile north of 1604. If we had kickstands they would be up at 9:30.

crw8781
10-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Had to work today and got out on the road late. Maybe next weekend if the weather is good the
wife and I can head up your way.

Jimsta
10-28-2012, 10:44 PM
Right here in San Anton (actually Cibolo) and ready to ride.:yes:

crw8781
10-28-2012, 10:58 PM
Next Saturday will be Good time for us to ride :2thumbs:

Cuffs19
10-29-2012, 01:56 AM
Any other SPYDER riders want to enjoy the day,Wed 31th, two Spyders will leave exxon station on SH 16 one mile north of 1604. If we had kickstands they would be up at 9:30.

Would LOVE to! But, dont have my bike yet. Parying it's ready by the end of this week!

ingramsail
10-29-2012, 08:20 AM
Would love to ride Sat. also but have to work a art show for the wife, maybe next week.

Mr. White
10-29-2012, 08:59 AM

Do you mean the Exxon Station in Helotes? I will try to be there for a 0930 departure. Where and how long do you plan to ride? I have some time restraints, but can always ride a while and return to my duties....

My email is: scoot62@aol.com

If you email me, put Spyder in the subject as I do not open unknown email addresses....I delete them.

Mr. White
10-29-2012, 09:02 AM
2013 Texas Trike Reunion, Kerrville, TX.

The 2013Texas Trike Reunion in Kerrville, TX has been scheduled and is in the works. The annual event will be held on Thursday, April 4th to Saturday, April the 6th. Easter Sunday is on March 31. There will be more on this as it developes. This is an early notification for your planning.

We generally have 60-70 trikes of all makes at the Reunion. Make your plans to attend. It is open to all trikes.

conroe spyders
10-29-2012, 05:50 PM
we had group from houston/conroe etc their on the 20 and 21 ridin the hills and sisters, great area and beautiful counrty, we are always up to go riden theirs not enough miles for us, anytime on the weekends is great for us, lets get something scheduled now that the weather is in our favor

crw8781
10-31-2012, 05:03 PM
Anyone in the San Antonio area going to do the BAMC run on Nov. 10.:spyder2:

capt jim
11-01-2012, 11:28 AM
saturday nov 3rd meet for breakfast 930 am the O S T in Bandera and we will playitm by earfrom there