PDA

View Full Version : Question on pricing.

JayDawg
03-22-2012, 08:05 PM
Hey all, I'm a noob here. I am more of an ATV rider than a bike rider and since the Spyder is the closest to having an ATV on the road as I can get, I will be purchasing one within the next 2 years. Gotta pay off my truck first. I am curious though. For those who have purchased Spyders, what was your out the door pricing. Did that come with extra stuff like an extended warranty, helmets or whatever too. I would also like to know what model you purchased. I am undecided on what model I am going to get but when I do buy, I want to get the best deal possible and so if I can see what others paid out the door for theirs, I will know what to negotiate in my deal.

Also, what does it cost to register your Spyder in your State? I live in Colorado and just found out that to register an RT-S that is new, would cost me around $600.00 a year. As a result, I will be registering my Spyder out of State where it is more affordable.
Thanks all!
Jay

joet82
03-22-2012, 08:41 PM
first off, as an ATV rider myself (08 Can-Am DS450X) atv endurance and Spyder endurance are 2 totally different things. haha

second, in Cali I paid 17000 out the door including jacket, helmet, gloves, warrenty and prepaid services. to renew this year is going to cost me 142, but I'm switching to WA since I'll be moving there this spring.

Oldmanzues
03-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Hey all, I'm a noob here. I am more of an ATV rider than a bike rider and since the Spyder is the closest to having an ATV on the road as I can get, I will be purchasing one within the next 2 years. Gotta pay off my truck first. I am curious though. For those who have purchased Spyders, what was your out the door pricing. Did that come with extra stuff like an extended warranty, helmets or whatever too. I would also like to know what model you purchased. I am undecided on what model I am going to get but when I do buy, I want to get the best deal possible and so if I can see what others paid out the door for theirs, I will know what to negotiate in my deal.

Also, what does it cost to register your Spyder in your State? I live in Colorado and just found out that to register an RT-S that is new, would cost me around $600.00 a year. As a result, I will be registering my Spyder out of State where it is more affordable.
Thanks all!
Jay
The $600, is that for plates or sales tax. My plates are about $40 a year. What does a car cost out there ?
Oldmanzues

JayDawg
03-22-2012, 09:25 PM
The $600, is that for plates or sales tax. My plates are about $40 a year. What does a car cost out there ?
Oldmanzues

That is just for plates. The sales tax depends on the area we live in. My area is 6.9%. The plates, go off of the price of whatever vehicle you buy. I know in California, motorcycle, atv, boat and jet ski registration is different than auto and the Spyder is bunched in with that group so out there I was told it would be around $100.00 a year. I about choked when I was quoted $600.00 from our DMV. I work for the State too and it's this kind of crap that makes others go out of State like I will be doing for registration.

KipDM
03-23-2012, 04:47 AM
That is just for plates. The sales tax depends on the area we live in. My area is 6.9%. The plates, go off of the price of whatever vehicle you buy. I know in California, motorcycle, atv, boat and jet ski registration is different than auto and the Spyder is bunched in with that group so out there I was told it would be around $100.00 a year. I about choked when I was quoted $600.00 from our DMV. I work for the State too and it's this kind of crap that makes others go out of State like I will be doing for registration.

avoiding local laws to register has it's own risks. and no one is forcing you. i can understand choosing to avoid higher fees but whenever you ryde on a crappy road remember you helped cause it two different ways ::now getting off of soapbox::

i don't remember my out-the-door price but i ordered several aftermarket mods on my :spyder2: and i got all labor free (which was easily several hundred dollars) and somewhere in the neighborhood of 10% off all parts (considering i started with something in the neighborhood of 6k in mods parts alone it added up quick). i also got discounts on my helmet and to this day they offer me price breaks on items i get them to order for me (sometimes making it cheaper than i have seen on the internet [once you factor in shipping]). i know something got knocked off the :spyder:price too but i can't remember how much.

Bob Denman
03-23-2012, 06:48 AM
Enought of all of this; Which ATV are you riding? I traded in my 2004 Grizzly that had been "686ed" towards my Spyder.
I still miss that quad... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_5.gif

ARtraveler
03-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Bob: would a sidecar give you back your "quad feeling" :roflblack:

RE: price. Most dealers will give you something--$ off, extra equipment, maybe a free service or two.

Beware of lowball dealers that are thousands less than other dealers. You usually end up with what you pay for. The lowball dealers what your money for the :spyder2: and hope they never have to see you again. They usually lack in service knowledge and customer relations.

If your :spyder2: is not set up properly you will probably end up posting shortly about what a piece of crap the :spyder2: is and how everything seem to be wrong right out of the box.

A dealer has to make something to stay in business and provide a knowledgeable service department.

Taxes are taxes is my take on the license plate issue.

Arr MiHardies
03-23-2012, 01:19 PM
My RT-Ac was about 24,500 out the door back in october. Including 8.1% tax. Came with free 5year BEST warranty. I probably could have done better elsewhere, but this place earned my business. I had been going in on and off for about 3 years test driving, sitting, and asking questions. They were always great to me and never treated me like a waste of time. The tech has also proven to be knowledgeable and competent and more recently they helped me to get members to get our local riding chapter started.

JayDawg
03-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Enought of all of this; Which ATV are you riding? I traded in my 2004 Grizzly that had been "686ed" towards my Spyder.
I still miss that quad... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_5.gif

I have 2 YFZ 450's. Absolutely love them too. One is a 2005 and the other is a 2007 S.E..

Today we had to take my youngest son to Denver for a cardiologist appointment. When we were done, I went to RPM Motorsports and test drove a few Spyders. Needless to say, I was very impressed! I test rode a RS-S and a RT-S. I was going to test drive the limited but they sold it just as I got there. After riding both, we will definitely be going with either a RT-S or a RT-Limited but I am leaning towards the limited because I like the extra things that you get with the bike. My only draw back was I hate not having the handbrake. Using the foot pedal feels very un natural to me and on my first test ride, I went to brake with a non existent brake lever even though I reminded myself earlier that I had to use the foot pedal. But other than that one thing I loved everything about the Spyder. I can't wait toget my truck paid off now so I can buy one.

CMA Cowboy
03-23-2012, 08:25 PM
It took me about two weeks of riding to quit reaching for the hand brake. Luckily I usually used the foot brake to stop and hand brake for control when I was on the two wheel so breaking the spyder was not an issue other than the empty space I grabbed with my right hand.

minerdoug
03-23-2012, 09:06 PM
I got the 2011 RT limited with dealer installed XM radio, CB, Corbin arm rests, extended warranty, trailer hitch, and matching RT622 with interior light, cargo netting, and sales tax for $39,700+change. Dealer has been great.
:yes:
But I think I'll move back east because initial registration cost $800. and just received the renewal here in Nevada for the spyder for $443.00 and $88.00 for the trailer:shocked:

Bob Denman
03-24-2012, 10:53 AM
[QUOTE=CMA Cowboy;430825]It took me about two weeks of riding to quit reaching for the hand brake. QUOTE]

:thumbup: It took me the entire Summer to get over that habit; I salute you! :bowdown:

vampyregirl
03-24-2012, 12:36 PM
But I think I'll move back east because initial registration cost $800. and just received the renewal here in Nevada for the spyder for $443.00 and $88.00 for the trailer:shocked:

Holy Crap Batman!!!! :shocked::shocked::shocked: I'm glad we don't have to pay according to type of vehicle here in Ohio!! $54.87 for car/suv/pickup plates and $48.87 for motorcycles. And that was with the rates just going up in the last year or two!! We don't have all of those crummy extra fees to deal with, unless you have personalized plates. Those add another $50 to the cost....

That reminds me...... I have to get to the BMV this week.... :mad:

Bob Denman
03-24-2012, 12:42 PM
I have 2 YFZ 450's. Absolutely love them too. One is a 2005 and the other is a 2007 S.E..

Awesome bikes!
:2thumbs:

I always leaned a bit toward the Raptor only because I'm lazy, and it just seemed that you could put them in 3rd gear and do just about anyting... all day long! :thumbup:
But My Grizzly... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_3.gif High gear wheelies, 65 mph top end... 26" ATRs, skidplated for the rocks... excuse me while I go cry a little...

wyliec
03-24-2012, 02:36 PM
I was at my dealer the other day and looked at a new 2012 RS-S, SM5. Sticker, if I remember, was 17,600; it was discounted to 16,300. I believe the adder for an SE5 is around 1,250. My figures may be a little off; but, not by too much. The figures given do not include the BEST warranty.

I live in NYS and I just paid a whopping $17.50 to register my spyder for another year.

KipDM
03-25-2012, 02:18 AM

Today we had to take my youngest son to Denver for a cardiologist appointment. When we were done, I went to RPM Motorsports and test drove a few Spyders. Needless to say, I was very impressed! I test rode a RS-S and a RT-S. I was going to test drive the limited but they sold it just as I got there. After riding both, we will definitely be going with either a RT-S or a RT-Limited but I am leaning towards the limited because I like the extra things that you get with the bike. My only draw back was I hate not having the handbrake. Using the foot pedal feels very un natural to me and on my first test ride, I went to brake with a non existent brake lever even though I reminded myself earlier that I had to use the foot pedal. But other than that one thing I loved everything about the Spyder. I can't wait toget my truck paid off now so I can buy one.

can't remember which one but at least one of the site sponsors makes a hand brake for the :spyder:

wyliec
03-25-2012, 07:17 AM
can't remember which one but at least one of the site sponsors makes a hand brake for the :spyder:

ISCI has the handbrake and is a site sponsor.

JayDawg
03-25-2012, 02:07 PM
ISCI has the handbrake and is a site sponsor.

That is the place I found the handbrake. $1,350.00 is the cost for it but if it helps save your life, it is money well spent.

Bob Denman
03-25-2012, 04:23 PM
:agree::agree::agree:

memphisdan
03-25-2012, 06:50 PM
I paid $23,000 for my 2012 RT A&C sm5 this was out the door including tax. This was from Yamaha of Millington just north of Memphis. They don't charge any set up or freight or other add ons. I think the list at the time was about $23,995 plus tax I feel I got a fair deal.

arntufun
03-25-2012, 07:09 PM
I'm anxious to hear from another CO Spyder owner. No way does it cost $600.00 a year for registration.