PDA

View Full Version : Another new owner here

bmwlarry
03-21-2012, 01:34 PM
I am the new proud owner of a 2011 RT-S SE5 Limited. I currently also own and ride a 2003 BMW K1200LT. I really wanted to have my wife on rides and she wasn't comfortable on the two wheeled version. The bike is currently in the previous owners garage in La Quinta, Ca and has 257 miles on it. I am currently trying to find some way to reasonably ship it to my home in Beaverton, OR. I originally was going to fly down and ride back but I would be more comfortable getting used to it as well as break it in locally here in Oregon, instead of on the road traveling from there to here. If anyone knows of a reasonable competent hauler with enclosed trailer, please let me know. I'm anxiously waiting for the time I get it home.
Larry

SpyderAnn01
03-21-2012, 01:38 PM
I'd ride it there for you. :congrats: and :welcome:

ARtraveler
03-21-2012, 02:41 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on the new ryde.

Bob Denman
03-21-2012, 05:08 PM
And the fun starts! Here's to lots of miles and smiles! :2thumbs:

sealfloorboards
03-21-2012, 05:12 PM
I am the new proud owner of a 2011 RT-S SE5 Limited. I currently also own and ride a 2003 BMW K1200LT. I really wanted to have my wife on rides and she wasn't comfortable on the two wheeled version. The bike is currently in the previous owners garage in La Quinta, Ca and has 257 miles on it. I am currently trying to find some way to reasonably ship it to my home in Beaverton, OR. I originally was going to fly down and ride back but I would be more comfortable getting used to it as well as break it in locally here in Oregon, instead of on the road traveling from there to here. If anyone knows of a reasonable competent hauler with enclosed trailer, please let me know. I'm anxiously waiting for the time I get it home.
Larry

Hi bmwlarry,
Welcome to the gang. I live in Newberg. Might want to check out SpyderRiders of America, Columbia River Chapter. It's a great group to ride with. Your BMW would be welcome. 8 Legged Freak also lives in Beaverton. Given the chance, I'd ride your new RT up from Ca.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FlorBoards

spyder3
03-21-2012, 05:30 PM
Larry

Larry,

Try Uship, http://www.uship.com/ you can tell them what you will pay, how you want it shipped etc..Ive used them 3x now and its pretty good. Of course read the shippers ratings & reviews. Hope that helps and :congrats: on your :spyder2:

bmwlarry
03-21-2012, 05:39 PM
I received some revved reviews for WolverineCycles. They are a bike only transport service that uses enclosed trailers. They will be picking it up next week and have it to my home the next day providing the weather cooperates.

I'm grinning already!!
Larry

Grandpa Spyder
03-21-2012, 08:16 PM
Welcome to the Fun

GloryRyders
03-22-2012, 04:33 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: on the new ryde.

spyderrock
03-22-2012, 08:26 AM
congrats on the new Spyder and welcome to the GREATEST FORUM IN WWW LAND.:cheers: to many happy rides

GypsyBill
03-22-2012, 10:50 AM
:thumbup: Welcome to :spyder2:ville... enjoy the ride....

CyncySpyder
03-22-2012, 12:17 PM
:yes: Welcome to the Spyder-Hood :yes:

ronrico
03-22-2012, 12:36 PM
Welcome to the :spyder2: world. You will find this site to be very very helpful. I also second the other person I would be willing to ride to you. Have fun :yes::yes:

BitSlayer
03-27-2012, 03:01 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new :spyder:. As many have stated, this is a great site for information and help. Ryde safe as that part of the country has tons of good roads to wander down.

Hawk Eye
03-27-2012, 06:04 PM
:welcome: &. :congrats:

Hawk Eye :yes::yes: :doorag: :doorag:

JJW SpyderRider
03-27-2012, 06:47 PM
:congrats::welcome:

tofriendscreek
03-27-2012, 07:05 PM
Happy Spydering. Welcome to the Web! :)

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?gado3s
I'm mobile using Tapatalk

StriperKing
03-27-2012, 07:26 PM
Only one bad thing, your BMW will soon feel left out. Welcome.....:cheers:.

Lady Macca
03-27-2012, 08:55 PM
Welcome and Congrats :).