PDA

View Full Version : radio

princess
03-20-2012, 11:09 AM
Hi y'all I want to put a radio or CD on my 08 spyder any suggestions on what kind and difficulty wound be greatly appreciated.

MarkLawson
03-20-2012, 01:15 PM
I believe the easiest way would be to add headsets or headphones to the helmet, even earbuds, and then plug them into your choice of portable device like an iPod. You could do this without any mods to your Spyder and would likely be far less expensive than trying to add speakers to your Spyder. For longer trips, you might add a power source to the Spyder to allow you to use your device without having to rely on batteries.

If you want external speakers, your're looking at some mods that may be expensive. I have seen some, but they may have been custom built. Don't recall if someone has a speaker kit for the GS/RS, biut there may be.

CyncySpyder
03-20-2012, 01:27 PM
He's a fellow Spyder ryder here local to me in the Cincinnati area & he, like you, has a GS/RS Spyder & he just recently added a stereo & speakers like your asking about. I'm sure if you PM him, he'd be more than happy to give you some advice from his personal experiences.

napper39
03-20-2012, 01:30 PM
heres what i did for my harley,but you need a amp the radio needs that to power the speakers so you can hear at 60 t0 65 mph.so what ever you get make sure you have at lest a 100 wt amp pushing the speakers.:yikes::thumbup: