PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to this great Spyder community

stutzmason
03-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Thanks to all the people in this community that post how to threads ... I changed my y gaskets todayand had no issues .... I will say however that the original gaskets are ****e, one of them was missing 25% of the gasket ....used the honda gaskets and buttoned her back up ... very nice I must say ....

mowin
03-20-2012, 03:42 PM
Thanks to all the people in this community that post how to threads ... I changed my y gaskets todayand had no issues .... I will say however that the original gaskets are ****e, one of them was missing 25% of the gasket ....used the honda gaskets and buttoned her back up ... very nice I must say ....

Ive got a set waiting for when they need changing....How many miles did yours last?

boborgera
03-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Ive got a set waiting for when they need changing....How many miles did yours last?

I don't know about stutzmason, Mine 08 GS, Started to fail at around 6000miles, By 8000 miles they were totally shot so i put the Honda's on, They were still good at 19000 miles.

stutzmason
03-21-2012, 05:31 AM
I had about 9500 miles on my spyder when I bought it , changed them out at just under 15000, they definately needed it .... well worth the 15 dollars and the time to change them out.

Capt John
03-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Don't forget to retighten the clamps after you "run in" the new gaskets

BajaRon
03-21-2012, 11:41 AM
I'd say this forum has saved Spyder owners thousands of dollars in repairs with fix-it help tips. And cost us thousands in all the great stuff for sale by vendors on this site.

But 'Out with the Bad and In with the Good' is just fine with me!

The Honda Y gasket swap is golden!