PDA

View Full Version : First Road Trip!!!!!!!

Bytemi
03-19-2012, 09:18 AM
Well I did it. I rode to West Virginia to see my Dad on Saturday. It was a 240 mile trip. My longest ryde yet. I have to say, when I first go on the bike and took it for spin around the block to make sure that I was not too rusty, I can’t explain how good it felt. I forgot how energizing it was to ryde my Spyder. All fears fell to the side and I just wanted to get on the road.

We did stop in Middleburg, but the motorcycle parking was full of cars, so no pictures of my Spyder amongst Harleys. Howeer, at one of our break spots I did run into a Goldwing rider that said he wants to get a Can Am and invited us to join him on a trip into the mountains. I had to turn down the offer, but I thought it was funny. Now some of the other ryders that we ran into were not so nice, but that is for another post.

When I pulled up to my Dad’s house he was standing on the front porch with his girlfriend cheering me on. It was an amazing feeling. I showed my Dad the Spyder and told him all about the nanny and how easy it was to ride. By the end of our visit he told me that he felt a lot better about me having a motorcycle now that he has seen it. Mission complete!

My husband said I did really well for my first long trip, but to be completely honest I messed up twice towards the end. I missed 2nd gear coming of a light and I took a turn too wide and fast. But I will learn from those mistakes so it doesn't happen again.

SpydherLuv
03-19-2012, 09:23 AM
:clap::congrats::clap:

Glad to hear your trip was a success. Keep riding and you'll work out those other issues in no time! :thumbup:

Bob Denman
03-19-2012, 09:40 AM
:clap::clap: :2thumbs: I'm so glad to hear that your Dad feels better about your :spyder2: now... :thumbup:

zrc
03-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Congrats! Good times!

CyncySpyder
03-19-2012, 10:54 AM
:yes:You Go Girl :yes:

ARtraveler
03-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Glad to hear the ryde went well. :2thumbs::2thumbs: