PDA

View Full Version : Tail of the Dragon 31May-4Jun 2012

tamijacobs1963
03-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Just wanted to let any lady riders....and I guess any Gentlemen riders, but you have to be a gentleman! LOL
know that Me and my two guys are going to the Tail of the Dragon on 31MAY-4Jun
We have rooms in Gatlinburg but you can stay anywhere you wish, there are lots of choices in the area.
Now I have to tell you that my guys ride Harley's so if you have someone that does he/she is welcome to ride along. I promise not to pick on them too much...>;o) After all my Harley friends are really cool about letting me ride with them. And they do pick insessently, but all in good fun.
We are planning on taking a rescue trailer along just in case we shop so much all the bags won't fit in all our trunks. :D O and just in case someone on a harley has bike trouble. :pray: IF you have someone that likes to ride but can't ride long distances they are welcome to ride in the truck with me, as I will be the driver of that vehicle for the longest routes. Once we get to Gatlinburg the truck and trailer get parked and I ride! :yes:

If you think you might be interested in tagging along please let me know either on here or better yet on my email. tamijacobs1963@yahoo.com or call 573-528-4539.

Mo Lee
03-19-2012, 04:23 AM
Just wanted to let any lady riders....and I guess any Gentlemen riders, but you have to be a gentleman! LOL
know that Me and my two guys are going to the Tail of the Dragon on 31MAY-4Jun
We have rooms in Gatlinburg but you can stay anywhere you wish, there are lots of choices in the area.
Now I have to tell you that my guys ride Harley's so if you have someone that does he/she is welcome to ride along. I promise not to pick on them too much...>;o) After all my Harley friends are really cool about letting me ride with them. And they do pick insessently, but all in good fun.
We are planning on taking a rescue trailer along just in case we shop so much all the bags won't fit in all our trunks. :D O and just in case someone on a harley has bike trouble. :pray: IF you have someone that likes to ride but can't ride long distances they are welcome to ride in the truck with me, as I will be the driver of that vehicle for the longest routes. Once we get to Gatlinburg the truck and trailer get parked and I ride! :yes:

If you think you might be interested in tagging along please let me know either on here or better yet on my email. tamijacobs1963@yahoo.com or call 573-528-4539.
The Spyder will love the Tail!

rogerb
03-19-2012, 05:36 AM
Planning on doing The Dragon & Blue-ridge Parkway on my way home from Spyderfest. :thumbup:

Bootie
03-19-2012, 06:34 AM
Planning on doing The Dragon & Blue-ridge Parkway on my way home from Spyderfest. :thumbup:Me too:D I have reservations in Maggie Valley for May 3,4,5,6 and 7. Family is coming down to join me:D

tamijacobs1963
03-19-2012, 07:04 AM
Me too:D I have reservations in Maggie Valley for May 3,4,5,6 and 7. Family is coming down to join me:D Hey Bootie, Give me a call when you guys are there on the 3rd we can meet up and ride together if you want!
573-528-4539. Must warn you though, there are places along the trail where you actually get,"No satellite available". Thought the only dead zone was at the North and South Poles! LOL
When we went last year it was a real trip seeing that on my cell phone!

joe schmoe
03-19-2012, 07:48 AM
We live here (45 minutes away from the Dragon)...Give Betty Boop a shout and see if she would be interested in ryding the Dragon with you, I'm sure she would! I would tag along but I ride a Victory Vision and would hate to hurt yor Harley riders feeling with such a nimble motorcycle!!! J/K

There are a TON of other roads and if you want a list shoot me a PM and I'll send you some lesser known but just as much fun roads as the Dragon, well sort of anyway!!!

Oldmanzues
03-19-2012, 08:20 AM
Me too:D I have reservations in Maggie Valley for May 3,4,5,6 and 7. Family is coming down to join me:D
While in Maggie Valley, visit Wheels thrugh time museum. Does not look like much from outside, fantasic inside. Dale and now his Son are super knowledgeable about older American iron. 99% of all the vheicles run and they start several every day. I have been several times over the years and find something new ( old ? )everytime.
Oldmanzues

tamijacobs1963
03-19-2012, 09:03 AM
We live here (45 minutes away from the Dragon)...Give Betty Boop a shout and see if she would be interested in ryding the Dragon with you, I'm sure she would! I would tag along but I ride a Victory Vision and would hate to hurt yor Harley riders feeling with such a nimble motorcycle!!! J/K

There are a TON of other roads and if you want a list shoot me a PM and I'll send you some lesser known but just as much fun roads as the Dragon, well sort of anyway!!!

I know there are lots of lovely curves, this aint my first trip to the tail and it sure won't be my last. But I sure would love more spyders on the trip! And you can bring your Victory, hurt their feelings! LOL
We love bikes of all types! The more the merrier!

give her my number 573-528-4539 or have her get her's to me and I'll put her down and give her a call.

tamijacobs1963
03-19-2012, 09:05 AM
On a totally different subject, how do I get tha map of where I've been on my feed?

joe schmoe
03-19-2012, 11:02 AM
On a totally different subject, how do I get tha map of where I've been on my feed?

You have a PM about the map!!

tamijacobs1963
03-19-2012, 12:40 PM
Now will it show up! I sometimes have blond moments! No Offense to Blonds! :D

rogerb
03-19-2012, 01:49 PM
When are you going to get to New England? That seems to be the only area that is still white on your map.

tamijacobs1963
03-19-2012, 04:46 PM
When are you going to get to New England? That seems to be the only area that is still white on your map.

Well, have'nt found a good enough reason to go that far nor east yet!
But i sure want to find out if Maine lobster is as sweet as they
Say! I love travel, if there had been a map of the world i could have put all of them on there