PDA

View Full Version : Can u say..DUMBASS?-MY new IPS!

spyderdmb1621
03-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Say it out loud, great because thats what i am, I bought a IPS Key Device from Lamonster at Daytona (love it) and what happens today? i dropped it and banged the crap out of it like a red headed stepchild..........Mental note when putting it in coat pocket, check to see if pocket is not zipped....

boborgera
03-18-2012, 08:48 PM
Say it out loud, great because thats what i am, I bought a IPS Key Device from Lamonster at Daytona (love it) and what happens today? i dropped it and banged the crap out of it like a red headed stepchild..........Mental note when putting it in coat pocket, check to see if pocket is not zipped....

Your not supposed to remove it from the Spyder, In your pocket is not In Plain Sight..

Firefly
03-18-2012, 09:27 PM
Your not supposed to remove it from the Spyder, In your pocket is not In Plain Sight..

I agree----- I rarely ever take mine out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

CyncySpyder
03-18-2012, 09:51 PM
nojoke Why do so many people have negative connotations for Red Headed Step Children nojoke
nojokeOh yeah, sorry yur such a dumb:cus: ........................ j/k :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

KipDM
03-19-2012, 12:31 AM
am glad to find i am not the only person to try and put something in a zipped pocket ::doh:: :opps:

Arr MiHardies
03-19-2012, 12:35 AM
I just don't get the IPS. leaving it in an unattended bike just doesnt seem smart. if someone happens to know it is a key holder, say bye bye to your spyder.

Bob Denman
03-19-2012, 06:54 AM
:yikes: Well as long as you didn't drop it on the Tupperware...
A couple of scratches; consider them to be "Merit Badges"; scratches and scars build character! :thumbup:

chickridin
03-19-2012, 07:22 AM
I just don't get the IPS. leaving it in an unattended bike just doesnt seem smart. if someone happens to know it is a key holder, say bye bye to your spyder.

Those were my thought exactly. Great idea, just not a workable one. :sour:

spyderdmb1621
03-19-2012, 07:29 AM
Ya sure at bike week I'll leave it in my bike and have it get stolen?

Bob Denman
03-19-2012, 07:36 AM
I tried the I.P.S. but I couldn't get warmed up to the idea of leaving the key in the bike...(An insurance broker for too many years I guess! :gaah:)
I DID find a pouch that I wore on my belt for while, but gave up on that idea also...
It's about like carrying a nice-sized rock in your pocket... :shocked:

dancogan
03-19-2012, 07:47 AM
I think use of the IPS depends upon where you generally live and ride. In the basically rural areas around here I might use it, but not when riding to larger cities. Stopping at a small local restaurant, where I can probably keep an eye on the bike while I eat it would work well. But if I ride up to Lansing or Flint and have to leave the bike on the street where I can't see it, then I won't leave the key in the bike.

Firefly
03-19-2012, 09:12 AM
I just don't get the IPS. leaving it in an unattended bike just doesn't seem smart. if someone happens to know it is a key holder, say bye bye to your spyder.

The only people that would know it's a key holder would be Spyder People who are members out here--- and nobody out here would steal a Spyder.

I've been all over the US and never had a problem. I will say that when parking in downtown Boston I did take the IPS up to my room, but other than that I've pretty much left it on the Spyder.

I have insurance to cover the Spyder if it gets stolen...... and contrary to the rumors... insurance WILL cover a vehicle stolen with the keys in the ignition.

chickridin
03-19-2012, 09:16 AM
The only people that would know it's a key holder would be Spyder People who are members out here--- and nobody out here would steal a Spyder.

I've been all over the US and never had a problem. I will say that when parking in downtown Boston I did take the IPS up to my room, but other than that I've pretty much left it on the Spyder.

I have insurance to cover the Spyder if it gets stolen...... and contrary to the rumors... insurance WILL cover a vehicle stolen with the keys in the ignition.

Never say never because just when you think so........
Besides, I'm sure we Spyder Ryders aren't the only people that read on this forum.

SpydherLuv
03-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Never say never because just when you think so........
Besides, I'm sure we Spyder Ryders aren't the only people that read on this forum.

:agree:

I think the IPS works well in many parts of the country, but it's not something I would feel comfortable using. I hang my key around my neck with a chain - like the type you would use to wear dog tags - and it works pretty well.

boborgera
03-19-2012, 10:46 AM
:agree:

I think the IPS works well in many parts of the country, but it's not something I would feel comfortable using. I hang my key around my neck with a chain - like the type you would use to wear dog tags - and it works pretty well.

My Tri Glide doesn't have a key, It comes with a fob that if its within 15 feet will let the Trike start, I usually keep the fob in my pocket, Usually:banghead: But and there's always a but, The other night i left it on a bench next to the Trike, And rode off to a store 3miles to get something, Well it started right up in my garage because the the fob was only a few feet away, But at 3 miles after stopping and then getting back on i was i little out of range , So a call to the wife was in order, :pray: To bring the fob to me. Next wife i get will have to have a better sense of humor.:dontknow:

Arr MiHardies
03-19-2012, 11:19 AM
I'm surprised the Spyder doesn't have a fob option. I was thinking about this just the other day.

Firefly
03-19-2012, 11:45 AM
I'm surprised the Spyder doesn't have a fob option. I was thinking about this just the other day.

Technically it does..... the FOB is inside the key....... You can get a copy made of the key that would will turn in keyhole, open the trunk, etc.... but it won't allow the bike to start.... unless your uniquely-coded spyder key is near the bike.

Arr MiHardies
03-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Technically it does..... the FOB is inside the key....... You can get a copy made of the key that would will turn in keyhole, open the trunk, etc.... but it won't allow the bike to start.... unless your uniquely-coded spyder key is near the bike.

You know what I mean. A completely keyless solution.

mooneych
03-19-2012, 12:59 PM
If I remenber correctly, there was a thread with a video from someone who installed a Viper keyless entry system.

Pretty nifty, I thought, but it has to be $$$$.

DocRags
03-19-2012, 07:22 PM
nojoke Why do so many people have negative connotations for Red Headed Step Children nojoke424344243542436 Oh yeah, sorry yur such a dumb:cus: ........................ j/k :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: Oh, man, just when I'm no longer a red-headed stepchild, Teddy turns out to be one?!!! It could be worse, Dave...they could have said left handed red headed step child...must be why I'm no longer red-headed. Got tired of those :cus:comments! :roflblack:

Spy+
03-20-2012, 10:51 PM

I'm with you on that one... I just imagine telling the insurance company that the spyder was stolen because the keys were left on the ignition :banghead: .. and unattended :opps:... I guess I'm more critical since i leave in Miami:roflblack:

bcoulter19
04-04-2012, 03:13 PM

and if you do this then you would not have to worry about the spyder being stolen. because the key is in your pocket and the copy is inside the IPS.

johnwinslow
04-04-2012, 04:18 PM
in most instances, you could give the passer by your key, by the time you got back, they still would not have been able to take off with your spyder

Sopher
04-04-2012, 08:21 PM
I will say that when parking in downtown Boston I did take the IPS up to my room, but other than that I've pretty much left it on the Spyder.

I do ride and park in Boston several times a week. No way would I leave it in. Off-Topic: What I DO love to do: as I roar out of the building garages ($37 for parking even if it's an hour) I roar and race the engine coming around the corners, up to a light and watch the pedestrians (Mostly all business professionals) get jittery and scared to cross the street in front of me. They J-Walk all over the place during lunch time!