PDA

View Full Version : Extended warranty

de390sac
03-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Any body have advice on extended warranty for a 2011 RTS.Thanks Bill

Rando
03-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Any body have advice on extended warranty for a 2011 RTS.Thanks Billhttp://www.spyderlovers.com/adpeeps/adpeeps.php?bf=go&uid=100000&cid=946147&aid=29&bzone=frontpagesl&btype=3

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?35535-Re-post-of-the-BEST-and-BEST-PLUS-Warranty-Information-and-Pricing-WILL-NOT-EXPIRE!&highlight=Bert's

Ask for Bryce.

Or see if your local dealer will price match.

mrfats
03-18-2012, 08:08 PM
I'm in WV but I bought mine from Bryce. Gives a great price for SpyderLovers members!

SpongeBob
03-29-2012, 07:46 AM
Anyone have experience with the Western Services extended warranty?

I was given the following price tier by my dealer ...

+3 years $592
+4 years $682
+5 years $840

SPIDY
03-29-2012, 08:17 AM
I do not recommend ANY non factory warranty period! I work for Extreme Propulsion and we have had horrible luck dealing with them! Stay with the B.E.S.T warranty!

boborgera
03-29-2012, 11:32 AM
My advice, Get the BEST warranty, If i was ever to buy another Spyder that's what i would do.
And this advice is coming from someone who has Never bought an extended warranty in my life, And i saved so much money by not buying extended warranties, That with all the savings i was able to retire at 57.:roflblack:

Grandpa Spyder
03-29-2012, 04:56 PM
My advice is BUY IT. (Best) These are very hi tech. machines.

Firefly
03-29-2012, 05:05 PM
I do not recommend ANY non factory warranty period! I work for Extreme Propulsion and we have had horrible luck dealing with them! Stay with the B.E.S.T warranty!

:agree:

ctpaddler2000
03-30-2012, 09:06 AM
I was disappointed to find out that the "Plus" part of the BEST warranty does not cover what the manual says is "annual maintenance" even though the literature says it covers "annual maintenance".

Marker
03-30-2012, 09:50 AM
BRP BEST Warranty seems to be the great debate and the great mystery among spyder owners. I wish BRP would educate the dealers more about it and also print some correct information on it and stick to what the literature says . I have seen that some get service covered others do not :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes: BRP needs to improve in this area JMHO

dmdahnert
03-30-2012, 11:25 AM
I just went to the dealer in Woodstock IL and got the 3 yr. BEST warranty for the same price as the MegaMall. Which by the way was a hundred dollars less than quoted to me by my selling dealer. Based on the expense of these machines and the cost if something breaks down after warranty, I'd rather pay for the warranty and never need it rather than pay for the repair. Just my 2 cents.

Diana

arntufun
03-30-2012, 01:44 PM

I disagree. :lecturef_smilie: I have a aftermarket warranty, and I'm very happy with it. 0 deductable and I can take it to any licenced repair shop.

Try breaking down on the road and your Best warranty tows you to the closest BRP dealer and they can't get to your Spyder for a few weeks. Then come back and tell me how great your warranty is. :roflblack:

bill pitman
03-30-2012, 06:53 PM
Went to my dealer this afternoon for Pa. inspection of my 2009 Spyder. Everything OK but......

I purchased the Spyder on the last day of April, 2010. There was a promotion at the time which gave an additional year of BEST warranty.
So... now as the 2 yr original warranty expires at the end of April, I wanted to maybe extend the BEST warranty to the full max of 5 total years. That would mean purchasing 2 more years.
I had brought with me, the email from Bryce(Berts Mega Mall) showing the various pricing. I ask Robin, can you match the $839.00 price for the 2 additional years. She does the calculator thing and comes back with- $689.00. I say, wait what about the $75 surcharge/yr ?! I'm told BRP did away with the surcharge a little while ago! 2yrs, $50 deductible, $689.00-- That's one!

Next she tells me , why don't you get the McGraw Platinum 4 year warranty coverage. McGraw will cover a vehicle for up to seven years(= 2 original mfg. + 5 extended). So my deal would be- 4yrs, $0 deductible, $670.00-- That's two!

So, now I go to service to pickup the Spyder, I mention my discussions with the office about warranty extensions. Jason and Kaitlin tell me they've had no dealings with a Spyder and a McGraw warranty. They have had only several other dealings w/ other brands. That's three!

Now I'm thinking maybe get the 2 additional yrs BEST and then after the 5 years of warranty, maybe see if I can get the McGraw for 2 more years!?

I get home, call Bryce at Bert's about this surcharge thing , leave a message and still waiting for a call back.

That's it, thanks for listening.........

Bill

SPIDY
03-31-2012, 08:45 AM
I disagree. :lecturef_smilie: I have a aftermarket warranty, and I'm very happy with it. 0 deductable and I can take it to any licenced repair shop.

Try breaking down on the road and your Best warranty tows you to the closest BRP dealer and they can't get to your Spyder for a few weeks. Then come back and tell me how great your warranty is. :roflblack:

Have you had to use your warranty yet? We have not had ANY luck getting customers covered with aftermarket warrantys. This is the reason we ONLY sell BEST warranty's. I am just speaking from my experiences and I have been the service manager for other dealerships ( non BRP ) and it is the same. Salesmen like to sell the other warranty's because they get a kick back and it puts money in thier pocket. Just telling the truth here.

Firefly
03-31-2012, 09:40 AM

Having it and using it are two different things. I wouldn't want my Spyder towed anywhere BUT a Spyder dealer. Like Joe's bike shop would know anything about a Spyder.

My Best is zero deductible at my dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

arntufun
03-31-2012, 10:27 AM
Have you had to use your warranty yet? We have not had ANY luck getting customers covered with aftermarket warrantys. This is the reason we ONLY sell BEST warranty's. I am just speaking from my experiences and I have been the service manager for other dealerships ( non BRP ) and it is the same. Salesmen like to sell the other warranty's because they get a kick back and it puts money in thier pocket. Just telling the truth here.

Having it and using it are two different things. I wouldn't want my Spyder towed anywhere BUT a Spyder dealer. Like Joe's bike shop would know anything about a Spyder.

My Best is zero deductible at my dealer.

I own a Spyder......... What do you think ?????? Of course I have used it......... a few times. :roflblack:
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

If you didn't already know, 90% of the Spyder can be worked on by any motorcycle shop. Buds is not needed on all repairs. In non buds situations, I would rather have my Spyder worked on by a Honda dealer tech with 25 yrs experience, than a 19 yr old kid fresh off his internet service course. nojoke

Are you saying you or your dealership is not getting any $ when you sell the Best warranty ??? Of course you are, or your dealership wouln't be selling it. Just telling the truth here.

Firefly
03-31-2012, 02:35 PM
I own a Spyder......... What do you think ?????? Of course I have used it......... a few times. :roflblack:
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

If you didn't already know, 90% of the Spyder can be worked on by any motorcycle shop. Buds is not needed on all repairs. In non buds situations, I would rather have my Spyder worked on by a Honda dealer tech with 25 yrs experience, than a 19 yr old kid fresh off his internet service course. nojoke

Are you saying you or your dealership is not getting any $ when you sell the Best warranty ??? Of course you are, or your dealership wouln't be selling it. Just telling the truth here.

How old is your Spyder? If under 2 years then you're still under factory warranty. A non Spyder dealer won't know the Spyder as well, nor will they have parts available or access to BRP tech support and manuals. I have found most BRP techs to be very well trained.

What if you want our Spyder towed to the closest Spyder dealer and they say Billy Bob's scooter shop is closer and make you go there instead?

My dealer certainly makes $$ from the BEST warranty, but for those that bought the Spyder and the BEST warranty from them, there is no deductible. They obviously bill BEST for the work, and have to accept their hourly payment terms, which I'm sure are less than what you or I pay.

To each his own, but I've read too many horror stories about problems with 'non BEST' warranties. it's one thing I wouldn't take a chance on to save a buck.

arntufun
03-31-2012, 03:16 PM
How old is your Spyder? If under 2 years then you're still under factory warranty. A non Spyder dealer won't know the Spyder as well, nor will they have parts available or access to BRP tech support and manuals. I have found most BRP techs to be very well trained.

What if you want our Spyder towed to the closest Spyder dealer and they say Billy Bob's scooter shop is closer and make you go there instead?

My dealer certainly makes $$ from the BEST warranty, but for those that bought the Spyder and the BEST warranty from them, there is no deductible. They obviously bill BEST for the work, and have to accept their hourly payment terms, which I'm sure are less than what you or I pay.

To each his own, but I've read too many horror stories about problems with 'non BEST' warranties. it's one thing I wouldn't take a chance on to save a buck.

I have the original........08 PE !!!! Is there any other ??? :dontknow:

Billy Bobs Scooter Shop... That funny. :roflblack:
:roflblack: I can have it towed anywhere I want, but there is a max fee they will pay for towing and I'm not sure what that is off the top of my head. So far I have had very good luck with my warranty. Somethings wrong, I take it to any shop to diagnois it, the shop calls the warranty company and gets a PO#, and they say go ahead and fix it.

I'm not sure where you go for service, but no dealers around me carry any Spyder parts on the shelves so that points moot. Everything for the Spyder is special order as needed. I take that back, they did have a valve stem on the shelf for my rear rim when I placed a order for over $500.00 worth of basic parts for maintainence last December.

I do understand where your coming from with a BRP tech working on the Spyder, but the only point I'm trying to make is..... I have all the benefits of the Best warranty like you, but also a choice to take it anywhere else. :thumbup:

Firefly
03-31-2012, 03:23 PM
So how much work have you had done at non-Spyder dealers.... I'm curious as to how that went.