PDA

View Full Version : Spyder in pieces

GASMAN
03-17-2012, 07:48 PM
:gaah:Took red rocket in last saturday for its 2 year service and Hindle pipe install and its still there:gaah:

Anyone else have issues with oil hoses rubbing thats my gremlin that is keeping bike in shop?????4226842269

coz
03-17-2012, 08:26 PM
i've never heard of this problem before. can you give us more details?:yikes:

boborgera
03-17-2012, 08:50 PM
i've never heard of this problem before. can you give us more details?:yikes:

:agree: More info will help.:popcorn:
:popcorn:What's it rubbing against.:dontknow:

GASMAN
03-17-2012, 10:24 PM
All i know is the tech said good thing they detected it prior to my ryde down to Durango to meet all of you folks:cheers:

I will go in on tuesday when they open again and take some pics:nopic:

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-17-2012, 11:09 PM
I've also got a G/S,R/S and I can't imagine how this might be occuring. I've had my spyder torn down completely numerous times and I just can't see this happening...I would make them show you where and how..???.......Mike....:thumbup:

Tierhog
03-18-2012, 02:03 AM
Nor have I. I have a GS as well. Thanks for posting the pics...it's rare to see the bike naked

Riot
03-18-2012, 02:08 AM
Well I hope they take care of this issue for you so you have a smooth trip down to Durango. Your gonna like the Hindle, but looking at those pics I cant believe you dont have some kinda highway pegs yet with the amount of miles (Kms) you ride! I like the placement of your bell also. Throw some pics up on the WA section of your trip..for those of us not makin down there would like to see how it went.
Keep her between the ditches,
Troy

arntufun
03-18-2012, 05:43 AM
:gaah:Took red rocket in last saturday for its 2 year service and Hindle pipe install and its still there:gaah:

Anyone else have issues with oil hoses rubbing thats my gremlin that is keeping bike in shop?????4226842269

Sorry about your problem. I'm with the above posters, I've never heard of your issue. :dontknow:

BTW, you should take that gremlin bell off your rear brake caliper since obviously it doesn't work. :joke:

Smokinspyder
03-19-2012, 04:37 PM

Hey hey this is a family forum shouldnt we keep those kind of pictures off of here ;P show all your internals on your red rocket HA HA sorry I crack myself up sometimes and well work was a PITA today .

Bob Denman
03-20-2012, 07:14 AM
:shocked: Sorry to hear of this difficulty!!!
But it's good that they've got a handle on it and I hope that it all gets sorted out quickly and completely! :thumbup:

Firefly
03-20-2012, 08:29 AM
Maybe brake line 'oil hoses' rubbing?

I know I had fuel lines rubbing way back when....

Dudley
03-20-2012, 11:37 AM
I would definitely make them show me what oil lines are rubbing. I can remember maybe 2 hoses that carry oil and neither of them rub anything.

boborgera
03-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Firefly might be right, Gas line.:dontknow: Mine was rubbing also [In 08] I put a piece of garden hose over the gas line where it was rubbing against the gas tank.

coz
03-20-2012, 04:24 PM
is the rubbing fuel line something us 08 owners should be checking on. i've never heard this mentioned before. can you describe where the problem area is? i'll have panels off soon for horn install. thanks,,,coz

NancysToy
03-20-2012, 04:30 PM
is the rubbing fuel line something us 08 owners should be checking on. i've never heard this mentioned before. can you describe where the problem area is? i'll have panels off soon for horn install. thanks,,,coz
If you own a 2008 GS, you should probably check. The fuel line usually rubs at the front of the front cylinder head...at least that's where Nancy's did. I put a piece of split loom over it and adjusted it for a little slack. I think the slit loom is standard now.

coz
03-20-2012, 04:37 PM
thanks scotty, i will check it. the caddy horns work great on my frontier. people look at me funny.:roflblack:

GASMAN
03-21-2012, 07:39 PM
They had the bike back together before I could snap another photo but the technician said it was the bottom oil hose that had a wear mark and was soft as well a air hose was rubbing against the air box and actually had a cut in it. Its home now in 1 piece only problem is I don't like to shift gears anymore as I LOVE MY NEW HINDLE42605