PDA

View Full Version : OK working on next layer of becoming a Drift rock star!!!!

murphybrown
03-17-2012, 01:24 PM
First thank you everyone you have been sooooo helpful and I actually am NOW able to use my Drift helmet mount and take pictures that are RIGHT SIDE up.:roflblack::roflblack: and longer than 2 seconds (oh yea there is a difference between 32 GB and 32 MB on SD Cards!!!:roflblack:)!!!
Got my new Ipad so now my next ? is after I have downloaded the app Imovie can I transfer from camera directly to my Ipad? My goal is that when I travel on Ms Spyder that I don't have to find room for my MacPro laptop...so this call goes out to all you patient Mac users...thanks for all your help...have a great day. Was going to ryde to watch my granddaughter play in a basketball tournie... but woke up to 3 inches of fresh snow....:banghead:...ryding yesterday, snowing today...dang it must be March in No Central WA State....Wow within a few days (well say month) I will be headed toward Spyderfest/Cuba, MO. If anyone is still wondering if they should go...? no further...GO GO GO,,,

Bob Denman
03-17-2012, 01:45 PM
:2thumbs: Glad to hear that you're now a movie producer! :2thumbs:

CyncySpyder
03-17-2012, 01:46 PM
Sorry we can't offer any suggestions or advice, as Teddy & I are pretty much Apple Ignorant :roflblack: Only thing I know about apples is that their good to eat & they keep the dr.s away :roflblack: Im sure someone else in the know will chime in soon enough. Teddy & I are look'n forward to meet'n up with you again in Cuba. This time around, we actually wanna ryde with you as well, get in on one of the group rydes together :yes::yes: WHO HOOOO !!!! See you there :yes::yes:42257

Arr MiHardies
03-17-2012, 02:12 PM
I have a lot of experience in this area.
It will depend completely on wether or not the drift records in a format compatible with the iPad.
Easiest thing to do is just try it. Add the file to iTunes. It will show up in the movies section. Then try to sync it. If it syncs, that's all you need to do.you can use iTunes to change the name and all that of your movie or... Use my Mac app, iDentify to name it whatever you want. :shamelessselfpromotion:
If it won't sync, remove the file from iTunes. Download a program called handbrake from handbrake.fr (free). Open your movie with handbrake, select the iPad preset, and click add to queue. Then start the conversion. Go grab a drink as it may take a while. Wen it's done, add the file to iTunes and sync, and you'll be ready to go. Even if the file is compatible with the iPad, you may want to run it through handbrake anyways, as it will often result in a smaller file size with little to no noticeable quality loss.
If you are recording in 1080, the resulting file will be a bit smaller than that with the iPad preset. You won't notice it on your iPad, but you might if you play it to your tv somehow. It's not going to be a hugely noticeable difference, just something to be aware of.

NorthStar
03-17-2012, 02:16 PM
There is an camera connection kit for the IPad ($30-$35) that will allow you to upload data from an SD Card directly to your IPad. If you have the new Drift with the micro SD card you will have to ensure that you have the Micro SD to Regular SD card adapter. Not applicable for the older Drifts that use a regular SD card. Here is a short blurb on the product,

"iPad Camera Connection Kit"Shoot. Connect. Enjoy. The iPad Camera Connection Kit gives you two ways to import photos and videos from a digital camera: using your camera’s USB cable or directly from an SD card. iPad supports standard photo formats, including JPEG and RAW, as well as SD and HD video formats, including H.264 and MPEG-4. So you can get photos and videos off your camera and onto your iPad — moments after you take them."

Get one of these and you are good to go.