PDA

View Full Version : customer service Chatter Box

gmcgarrity
03-16-2012, 06:33 PM
We have a set of Chatter Box XBi2 units and they are nothing but trouble.
They drop paring on a regular basis and forget the Garmin in on the bike.
Latest problem is when I turn the 2 units on we get the sound of a smoke detector going off.

I sent an email 3 days ago to tech service, no answer
I sent an email yesterday to everyone list on the website no answer

This forum is a great tool to let all know of customer service.
That being said I believe that Chatter Box is not very responsive and should be put on notice.
$400 later we have junk.

I feel better now but have to find a reliable system and drop more money to replace this system.
there go my new Elka shocks....

Ride on!
Geo

gbouten
03-16-2012, 06:45 PM
We got the Scala G4 and we love it.

ARtraveler
03-16-2012, 07:10 PM
Same problem. Did not like the chatterbox unit. I returned mine to the dealer I bought them from for a full refund.

bikeguy
03-16-2012, 07:45 PM
We've been using the Scala Q2's for over 2 years and they work very well as wireless intercoms. Haven't used them for anything else. Just before the 2 year warranty was out, one unit just died. While I was rying to get it to work, the other unit died. So I contacted Cardo and they replaced both units. No cost and they payed the shipping both ways. The new units are working fine. So I'm satisfied with the Scala units and with Cardo's customer service as well.

Cotton

ARtraveler
03-17-2012, 03:25 PM
:agree: Scala 2's are currently my brand of choice.

punji
03-17-2012, 06:05 PM
We've been using the Scala Q2's for over 2 years and they work very well as wireless intercoms. Haven't used them for anything else. Just before the 2 year warranty was out, one unit just died. While I was rying to get it to work, the other unit died. So I contacted Cardo and they replaced both units. No cost and they payed the shipping both ways. The new units are working fine. So I'm satisfied with the Scala units and with Cardo's customer service as well.

Cotton

Somewhere along the line I lost a Q2. Went to the Cardo tent in Daytona last October prepared to buy another set. Told the guy behind the display table about the misplaced unit. He handed me another sealed box of Q2s....FREE! Further conversation revealed that he was the president of Cardo spending time meeting real customers. I'll probably never use anything but Cardos....

Smokinspyder
03-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Great and Im getting a chatterbox for my birthday in a few weeks . I feel like I should be scared .

gmcgarrity
03-19-2012, 05:53 PM
I do not like to bad mouth anyone but I have had many problems with out units.
They lose paring and do not syn with the Garmin
Battery life is 4 hours so big bummer.
If I had to do over I would not have purchased the units.

Maybe we just have a bad set.
BTW they did get back to my email and said I need to call tech service for resolution

I will like you all know how it comes out.

Geo

r1100rider
03-19-2012, 06:44 PM
We have a set of Chatter Box XBi2 units and they are nothing but trouble.
They drop paring on a regular basis and forget the Garmin in on the bike.
Latest problem is when I turn the 2 units on we get the sound of a smoke detector going off.

I sent an email 3 days ago to tech service, no answer
I sent an email yesterday to everyone list on the website no answer

This forum is a great tool to let all know of customer service.
That being said I believe that Chatter Box is not very responsive and should be put on notice.
$400 later we have junk.

I feel better now but have to find a reliable system and drop more money to replace this system.
there go my new Elka shocks....

Ride on!
Geo

i have the chatterbox they work fine if you look you can find a #800 to call and they will help mine last 6 hr per charge they are a pain to pair for sure has to be done quickly they told me to do a battery disconect which means taking off the backs and unplugging the batt for 5 min then put it back together and re pair the units then they should work the pairing has to happen quick it mite take a few trys