PDA

View Full Version : HELP! TricLED Dual Two Strip LED Brake Light Install

kevorama
03-16-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm trying to beat a storm that's rolling in and I can't reach Reggy on the phone at TricLED. If anyone has installed this, please advise. My issue is that I'm also installing my rear side marker Brightsides at the same time since all the rear tupperware is off. For the upper strip, I'm supposed to trial fit starting from left to right. That's easy. I end up with about 7" left over on the right. I'm afraid to cut the excess because I've never worked with strip lighting before. I have a 15' roll of RGB that has to be cut in between every set of RGB LED's. In other words, if there are 3 LED's per inch and they are RGB I can't make a 5 1/2 inch piece because I'd be cutting in between the RGB phase of that last 1/2 inch. Does an all one color LED strip fall under the same rules? A reply ASAP would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

stevedfive
03-16-2012, 04:20 PM
I think you may started in the wrong spot. You should about a 3 inch on both sides. I will pm you my phone if you would like to call.

kevorama
03-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Thanks guys, between steved5 and my main, mod man, Phil, I got the answer I needed. There's a time when cutting into an LED strip feels like you're defusing a bomb. As nerve wracking as these electrical mods have been, I have enjoyed the results. If it were not for this site, I wouldn't have attempted a lot of them. Because most of us want to 'keep up with the Jones's' this is the best site to learn how to Jones everyone else, LOL. I'll post my photos of this last install in my thread series of 'common lighting mods'.

Phil
03-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Thanks guys, between steved5 and my main, mod man, Phil, I got the answer I needed. There's a time when cutting into an LED strip feels like you're defusing a bomb. As nerve wracking as these electrical mods have been, I have enjoyed the results. If it were not for this site, I wouldn't have attempted a lot of them. Because most of us want to 'keep up with the Jones's' this is the best site to learn how Jones everyone else, LOL. I'll post my photos of this last install in my thread series of 'common lighting mods'.

I KNEW you could do it!!

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad3.5 using Tapatalk HD