PDA

View Full Version : Cooling Vest

Bytemi
03-16-2012, 06:40 AM
I ordered a TECHKEWL Phase Change Cooling Vest and I just received it. It is bulkier than I expected. I have a really stupid question :yikes:. My husband said I am supposed to wear the vest over my jacket and I thought I was supposed to wear it under my jacket and of course because of how bulky it is, I would need a bigger jacket to wear over it. Why do woman always wear form fitting clothes and then they are surprised why they can't layer, anyways, I digress.

He told me he thinks that I am supposed to ride without a jacket when I am wearing the vest and well that’s not going to happen. So can anyone help settle this disagreement? Maybe he doesn't like my skin, but I would like to keep in case of unintentional dismount. :banghead:

By the way, I have a large evaporation vest that I am willing to part with if anyone needs it. I wore it twice last summer and it just didn't keep me cool enough. I hope the new vest works better, because nothing is stopping me this year! :yes:

scooterexpress
03-16-2012, 06:49 AM
after looking at the website on this vest it appears that you put it on first.then i guess u can wear a jacket over it might prolong the cooling ice packs won't melt so fast.but def put on first.

wyliec
03-16-2012, 07:17 AM
You're correct; the vest goes on first. However, the jacket that you wear is mesh, isn't it?

I have a cooling vest (not bulky) and it works just fine with a mesh jacket. The mesh allows air to pass over the vest, which causes the moisture to evaporate and provide cooling. Also, the vest cannot fit loose; if it does, you'll lose cooling effect.

Bytemi
03-16-2012, 07:31 AM
You're correct; the vest goes on first. However, the jacket that you wear is mesh, isn't it?

I have a cooling vest (not bulky) and it works just fine with a mesh jacket. The mesh allows air to pass over the vest, which causes the moisture to evaporate and provide cooling. Also, the vest cannot fit loose; if it does, you'll lose cooling effect.

Yes, I got a medium this time because the large was too big. My summer jacket is a mesh jacket so I hope that it will keep me nice and cool. Why cooling vest do you use?

Bob Denman
03-16-2012, 07:33 AM
:agree: Vest first; then the jacket. :thumbup:
:opps: slow typist... Agreeing with Wylie...

wyliec
03-16-2012, 07:53 AM
Why cooling vest do you use?

I'd like to tell you; but, I have a gf that doesn't leave things where I put them. I'll find out later.

Bob,

If you read this, our dog also has a cooling vest that actually fits. Once again, I couldn't give you the name b/c the gf has put it away.

SpyderAnn01
03-16-2012, 09:52 AM
our dog also has a cooling vest[/B] that actually fits. Once again, I couldn't give you the name b/c the gf has put it away.

:roflblack:

SpydherLuv
03-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Hey wyliec, do you even know where your gf is?? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

CapNCrunch
03-16-2012, 12:32 PM
I ordered a TECHKEWL Phase Change Cooling Vest and I just received it. It is bulkier than I expected. I have a really stupid question :yikes:. My husband said I am supposed to wear the vest over my jacket and I thought I was supposed to wear it under my jacket and of course because of how bulky it is, I would need a bigger jacket to wear over it. Why do woman always wear form fitting clothes and then they are surprised why they can't layer, anyways, I digress.

He told me he thinks that I am supposed to ride without a jacket when I am wearing the vest and well that’s not going to happen. So can anyone help settle this disagreement? Maybe he doesn't like my skin, but I would like to keep in case of unintentional dismount. :banghead:

By the way, I have a large evaporation vest that I am willing to part with if anyone needs it. I wore it twice last summer and it just didn't keep me cool enough. I hope the new vest works better, because nothing is stopping me this year! :yes:

I've been wearing a SILVER EAGLE evaprorative vest for years, now. It's worn between an undershirt and my mesh jacket on VERY hot days. For long trips you can soak it before leaving, and store it, wet, rolled up in a large ZIP bag in your saddlebag or trunk. Pull it out when you need it. It's thin, light weight, and comfortable. One soaking last for hours. It works GREAT.
B V

ThreeFeet
03-16-2012, 01:16 PM
I've been wearing a SILVER EAGLE evaprorative vest for years, now. It's worn between an undershirt and my mesh jacket on VERY hot days. For long trips you can soak it before leaving, and store it, wet, rolled up in a large ZIP bag in your saddlebag or trunk. Pull it out when you need it. It's thin, light weight, and comfortable. One soaking last for hours. It works GREAT.
B V Ijust looked at theSilver Eagle vests,hat thingy and shirts. LIKE EM!!! will probably order real soon.. THANK YOU FOR THE INFO HERE!!!

Gordy
03-16-2012, 01:19 PM
have a techniche international cooling vest and the first time that I wet it down to use it was so slimey that I had to leave it out on the clothes line for a few rains before I could use it.I found that it would cool for about 3/4 of an hour but nothing was worn over it

Firefly
03-16-2012, 02:40 PM
I just ride nekkid if it's that hot out.....:roflblack:

SteveMac
03-16-2012, 04:17 PM
I just ride nekkid if it's that hot out.....:roflblack:

:yikes:
I hope the temps are cool at Spyderfest then!