PDA

View Full Version : New Spyder

epiphysis
03-15-2012, 08:14 AM
Hey, everyone, I just bought a new lava bronze 2012 RT Limited! I have been riding two wheels since 2006. I took the MSF beginner's course on a dare....and loved it. I bought a Honda VTX 1300, which I love, but the wife does not! I tried to get her on it, but she hasnt been on it for a few years. I have been also trying to get her on a Spyder for a few years. This year she finally decided she loved the look so I jumped on it. I got it two days ago and already have filled the tank once!! It's different from the two wheels, but very easy to get used to and to love!! I have been lurking here for a few weeks and will soon start some mods.....no need to go too crazy, the Limited has lots of goodies already!! I did see and buy a very cool bottle holder for a bicycle at walmart the other day.....looks great already!! :thumbup:

spyder3
03-15-2012, 09:21 AM
:congrats: now the real fun begins!

ARtraveler
03-15-2012, 11:28 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: on the new ryde. I recommend put about 1000 miles on :spyder2: before getting into to much farkling. You will then have a better idea of what you like and don't like. Enjoy your new :spyder2:. The fun is just beginning.

Bob Denman
03-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Welcome to the PARTEEE! :ohyea: :2thumbs:
And you've already started the farkling process... :shocked: Be very careful; it's a lot like eating peanuts! :yikes:

fastfraser
03-15-2012, 02:20 PM
:thumbup: Glad you are enjoying your :spyder2:

Spyder Couple
03-15-2012, 02:31 PM
:welcome:

sealfloorboards
03-15-2012, 02:42 PM
:congrats:, sounds a lot like my story. Give yourself a 200 mile day ride and see if it fits your comfort needs. I have a Utopia Back Rest, Elka shocks and of course my Seal FloorBoards. For me, Comfort is everything on a good ride:thumbup:. To me, it's about my back, hips and knees........

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

murphybrown
03-15-2012, 03:43 PM
:clap::yes: and the fun is just beginning!!!!

GloryRyders
03-15-2012, 04:11 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on the new :spyder:Ryde safe and enjoy. Think about comming to Spyderfest the end of April and meet everyone.

rogerb
03-15-2012, 04:15 PM
:welcome: :congrats: The fun begins. You should think about going to Spyderfest next month. By then you'll have some miles under your belt and have more of a feeling of what you like and dislike about your ride. There will be a few hundred experts there to give you advice if you can pry it out of them. Spyderlovers are not show-offs or braggarts you know. :roflblack:

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-15-2012, 06:18 PM
WELCOME ABOARD.....NOW THE FUN BEGINS.....MIKE....:thumbup:

Grandpa Spyder
03-15-2012, 06:36 PM
:congrats:on the new ride and :welcome:to a great forum. I know your wife will love the new:spyder2::yes:

ThreeFeet
03-15-2012, 06:41 PM
:welcome::congrats:Come down to Cowtown and Cuba there are going to be quite a few venders that would JUST LOVE to help you with some of those mods you'd like to make!!!!! Enjoy your ryde and be safe out there. nojoke

Chazzman
03-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Congratulations, my wife and I really like our Limited as well, just turned 1000 miles. Be careful what you say on the mods...

White Wolf
03-15-2012, 07:34 PM
:clap:Nice to see another local with a :spyder2: My Wife and I Love ours as well...have taken a couple trips and really enjoyed them. I will have to keep my eyes open now as I may see the new Lava Ltd. when I am out and about....Enjoy:ohyea:

CyncySpyder
03-15-2012, 08:07 PM
2 of the BEST mods we have made to Teddy's RT-S for comfort has been the Utopia Backrest & the highway pegs, especially when on long roadtrips, kind of like going from a standard chair to a Barcolounger, allows you to stretch out :yes:

epiphysis
03-15-2012, 08:42 PM
thanks for the welcomes.....I am on a wonderful site for my VTX and have learned too much and spent too much on it. I still have it and probably will forever. I can see after only a few days on the Spyder that it's a keeper, too!! I have a small list of want to do's.....but as advised, I'm gonna wait a few weeks before I actually do anything major.....I can see the backrest and some footpegs in my future....also considering different grips, maybe the Kury Iso grips...I have them on my X and they're great! I do all of the work on my X and I'm hoping to do as much as I can on the Spyder......I've read many threads from here already......I was impressed with the dealer...so they can be my backup......thanks again for the welcomes.......

as far as coming to the events.....I cant come to Cuba, it's too close to the boat going in the water! the wife and I have already discussed the one in August.......so maybe we'll see you there!
:yes:

currin20fan
03-15-2012, 08:56 PM
Welcome to our great and crazy spyder world!

CyncySpyder
03-15-2012, 08:59 PM
I'd highly recommend purchasing the Service Manual from Midwest Manuals on Ebay. If I remember correctly, its only around $30 on a searchable CD format & he also offers a digital download as well. Worth every penny. Having the Service Manual along with all the great DIY vids posted here on Spyderlovers & the only time you'll have to take the Spyder to the dealer will be when you need Warranty work or anything that requires BUDS to be hooked up. :thumbup: