PDA

View Full Version : Where are the NJ people??

lightman02
03-15-2012, 05:58 AM
WOW, NJ really does seem to suck lately. I'm looking to go on some rides, the weather is nice and a lot of people are out. I am putting this in the main forum because no one seems to bother to go into the NJ one. Anyway I know people work and finding time is tough. I'm looking for weekends or even weekdays, even if its for an hour, it's better then nothing. I have had some bad luck over the past three years with my house getting flooded. Now that I'm in a better situation, I am ready to do some good riding. Also if anyone is from PA, or Upstate NY, I'd be down for riding to you and meeting up for some rides in those areas. I'm fron NE NJ, it's only about a half hour ride to the border of either state. So lets get something together people, probably better to do this in the NJ secion of the forum but whatever works.

Phantom888
03-15-2012, 06:12 AM
I feel your pain. Its rough getting rides together when some of us are so far apart. I live in quakertown pa and had to ride to matamoras pa to meet up with the guys from ny who love to ride all over the place. Join the ny group and join in on some of their rides. Not much going on in pa as of yet.

Bob Denman
03-15-2012, 06:36 AM
Maybe they're all stuck in traffic on the Turnpike... :shocked:

arntufun
03-15-2012, 06:39 AM
Or maybe they are busy planning Snooki's baby shower ??? Your welcome to join NY and ride with us !!! :thumbup:

Bob Denman
03-15-2012, 07:02 AM
:agree: :thumbup:

lightman02
03-15-2012, 07:20 AM
Or maybe they are busy planning Snooki's baby shower ??? Your welcome to join NY and ride with us !!! :thumbup:

LOL, be nice!! Yeah, I will join the NY group.

spyder3
03-15-2012, 09:28 AM
I'm an original new gawker in south jersey now(for a long time). I've been riding pretty much all winter and loving it. If your heading down south towards phil a. let me know. I will do the same if heading your way:clap:

Bob & randy, set up a time and place....I need to meet you two clowns:roflblack:

Phantom888
03-15-2012, 10:00 AM
I could go for a philly run too. Here is something to think about to. It is a charity ride in helertown pa towards the end of may.

The Brian Lambert Memorial Motorcycle Ride
Saturday May 19, 2012(rain date May 20)

Location: Dimmick Park, Hellertown, Pa (Check-in time 7:30- 9 am)
Rider Fee: Registration before April 2:
$25 per rider/$10 passenger
Includes admission to pig roast and t-shirt
Registration after April 20 or at Event
$30 per rider/$10 passenger
Includes admission to pig roast
Details: Opening Ceremony 9am, Ride to follow, Return to Dimmick Park, Pig Roast 1-3 pm

Registration forms available online at :www.relayforlife.org/pasauconvalley (http://www.relayforlife.org/pasauconvalley)

ALL PROCEEDS BENEFIT THE AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY

GnA
03-15-2012, 10:14 AM
I've heard they sleep during the day and only come out at night... :rolleyes:

Bob Denman
03-15-2012, 11:06 AM
I've heard they sleep during the day and only come out at night... :rolleyes:

I thought that was only the Edgar Winter Group... :roflblack:

spyderdmb1621
03-15-2012, 11:30 AM
Let them stay in NJ!!!!!!!!!!

I thought that was only the Edgar Winter Group... :roflblack:

hrbeta
03-15-2012, 12:47 PM
Let them stay in NJ!!!!!!!!!!

Watch it Dan, don't wrap yourself in trouble 😜

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

spyderdmb1621
03-15-2012, 12:57 PM
I am exempt I was born and raised in new jersey, I got smart and moved, :)

Watch it Dan, don't wrap yourself in trouble 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

spyder3
03-15-2012, 01:15 PM
I am exempt I was born and raised in new jersey, I got smart and moved, :)

We have a place in South Palm beach...right down the road from you. We are only part time smart:roflblack:

spyder3
03-15-2012, 01:18 PM
I could go for a philly run too. Here is something to think about to. It is a charity ride in helertown pa towards the end of may.

Details: Opening Ceremony 9am, Ride to follow, Return to Dimmick Park, Pig Roast 1-3 pm

Registration forms available online at :www.relayforlife.org/pasauconvalley (http://www.relayforlife.org/pasauconvalley)

We will def. keep this in mind. I won't now until we are a lot closer to the date though with work issues..etc...

burg650
03-15-2012, 01:25 PM
I have tried to get riders together before, let's just say I gave up. I
live N.NJ on the Hudson River. Spyder is still sleeping, hope to wake it up soon.

pete1950
03-15-2012, 04:47 PM
We are here, we live in Byram which is a half hour away from you. My wife and I both have Spyders and would like to find people to ride with. We go to the Chatterbox most Wednesdays when they have bike night. We travel through NY state and PA depending on our mood. Contact us and we can set something up.

rnet
03-15-2012, 05:05 PM
We are here, we live in Byram which is a half hour away from you. My wife and I both have Spyders and would like to find people to ride with. We go to the Chatterbox most Wednesdays when they have bike night. We travel through NY state and PA depending on our mood. Contact us and we can set something up.Isn't bike night thursday night.

pete1950
03-15-2012, 05:08 PM
You are right .....I'm wrong sorry

spyder3
03-15-2012, 06:03 PM
We did the chatterbox once, met a few spyder ryders but none that frequent this board much. With notice i can ride during the week by myself, on the weekends with the wife. I'm game, lets set something up.

Boriken
03-15-2012, 06:13 PM
I'm in Cape May County near the Jersey Shore, I ryde every day weather permiting and most of the time by myself. I get to do the local charity and toy runs as well as PGR missions and my RTS is the only spyder at these events. I'm looking forward to sometime in the near future to do some rydes with other spyder lovers. If any one organizes any ryde on the weekends, please let me know. Thanks.

Jesse
03-15-2012, 06:41 PM
North east Pa here. 20 min. from Delaware water gap. Let me know when something gets organized for a ride.

Chazzman
03-15-2012, 06:49 PM
I think they all moved to TN, can we send um back?

:roflblack:

boborgera
03-15-2012, 08:51 PM
Went up to Narrowsburg [beaver brook] today, Went up Thu Milford, I came back down 97, Hawk's Nest to port J'; Bye the way the Hawks Nest is back to One lane:gaah:And the closed lane is the river side, No stopping to view the river.

lightman02
03-16-2012, 10:15 AM
Where is a good place to put rides together, would this thread be the best place? Anyone have any good ideas for a ride??

kentompkins
03-16-2012, 11:21 AM
I have posted possible rides here and in the NJ forum. No one was ever interested enough to even comment.

We could do part of the NJ Lighthouse ride; the whole thing would take a couple of days.
We could do a Pine Barrens ride.
We could do a ride to the Delaware shore towns; for example, Salem and Fortesque.
We could do a Delaware Water Gap ride.
We could do a New Hope ride.
Irish2themax (God Bless Him!) suggested a ride of PA covered bridges (they were not far from NJ).
We could take the Cape May/Lewes ferry to Del and ride up to I-95 and come back to NJ via Rt 40.

I know about far Southern NJ and could plan a ride or two down here. Others who live up north could certainly plan a ride there. No one seems to want to drive down here to start on a ride and vice-versa. I would have ridden up to the Wed. night bike night but it would be a three hour ride one way and if I stayed until, say, 9PM I wouldn't be home until 1AM. I finally got disinterested (check the number of my postings on the NJ forum or New Jersey SpyderLovers group). I am ready to ride pretty much anywhere but I can only organize those in my local area. For the others, someone else will have to step up.

ken tompkins

pete1950
03-16-2012, 09:07 PM
A ride up or down the del. river is a great ride. Don't know what you guys are up to but this weekend is booked. How about weekend of 24/25

Y-me
03-16-2012, 10:37 PM
WOW, NJ really does seem to suck lately. I'm looking to go on some rides, the weather is nice and a lot of people are out. I am putting this in the main forum because no one seems to bother to go into the NJ one. Anyway I know people work and finding time is tough. I'm looking for weekends or even weekdays, even if its for an hour, it's better then nothing. I have had some bad luck over the past three years with my house getting flooded. Now that I'm in a better situation, I am ready to do some good riding. Also if anyone is from PA, or Upstate NY, I'd be down for riding to you and meeting up for some rides in those areas. I'm fron NE NJ, it's only about a half hour ride to the border of either state. So lets get something together people, probably better to do this in the NJ secion of the forum but whatever works.

Hi,

I'm near Mahwah but in NY.
Let me know if you want to ryde sometime.

Y

lightman02
03-17-2012, 08:58 AM
A ride up or down the del. river is a great ride. Don't know what you guys are up to but this weekend is booked. How about weekend of 24/25

I may be able to do that, sounds like a great ride.

bill pitman
03-17-2012, 10:04 AM

It's on the calender.
Be nice to get the "Chatterbox" gang to do this ride!
Easy ride down from Milford.
Tim, are you still on for the New Holland,Pa. rally?

Bill & Gretchen

Phantom888
03-17-2012, 08:04 PM
It's on the calender.
Be nice to get the "Chatterbox" gang to do this ride!
Easy ride down from Milford.
Tim, are you still on for the New Holland,Pa. rally?

Bill & Gretchen

I will be in florida for a family vacation and wont be back in time to make the ride.

boborgera
03-17-2012, 09:45 PM

The Hawk Nest out of Port [Rt 97] is down to one lane again, After that your good to go all the way to Binghamton. Just north of Barryville 97 along the Delaware is the motorcycle friendly Cedar Rapids Cafe.

pete1950
04-18-2012, 08:02 PM
Looking to go out on Saturday weather permitting

lightman02
04-19-2012, 08:25 AM
Looking to go out on Saturday weather permitting

I'd be intersted, what area in NJ you from Pete?? Where do you like to ride??

boborgera
04-19-2012, 08:54 AM
Use, Guys from North Jersey should meet up at the Chatter Box On Thursday nights. [I think they start up in May?] Then you can arrange the rides in person.
Rt 15 at Rt 206 at Ross Corner, [Augusta]
The last time i was there ,There was about 8 Spyders and one Tri Glide that night.:thumbup:

lightman02
04-19-2012, 09:35 AM
Use, Guys from North Jersey should meet up at the Chatter Box On Thursday nights. [I think they start up in May?] Then you can arrange the rides in person.
Rt 15 at Rt 206 at Ross Corner, [Augusta]
The last time i was there ,There was about 8 Spyders and one Tri Glide that night.:thumbup:

I have been there, wasn't able to last year due to some home issues, but rather plan stuff before that.

Phantom888
04-19-2012, 09:43 AM
I'm game. I play hockey saturday mornings but can ride in the afternoon. Let me know where and when.

pete1950
04-19-2012, 08:43 PM
If you guys want to PM me we can set something up. It will be both me and my wife going as we both have spyders

pete1950
04-20-2012, 04:27 PM
Don't know if I got p.m.ed. Computer acted up, try again please.

sdericks
04-20-2012, 08:07 PM
This is Pete1950's wife. He asked me to check to see if there was anyone up for tomorrow. Please email him at pete1950@yahoo.com if you are interested. It would be an afternoon ride. Hope to meet some of you!

burg650
04-20-2012, 11:30 PM
Motorcycle Mall in Belleville is having there grand opening for the new location tomorrow and Sunday. Weather says rain late at the end of the day. I was there today and it sure is big, I was told it's now the largest motorcycle showroom in the northeast.