PDA

View Full Version : Workin' on FB's Spyder

hotglue
03-13-2012, 10:01 PM
Putting the new generation brake pads on FB's bike.... Found the piston on the rear caliper had some damage from when the bolt came loose and trashed 6 spokes on the ABS trigger wheel... removed the caliper and took out the piston... a little file work, and cleaned it up and re-installed working good now!!!!!
Noticed several cracks in the supports for the rear fender.... pulled both of them and cleaned off the paint..... actually looked like powder coat... did a dye penetrant to see how far the cracks had traveled..... found the ends of the cracks... drilled them out and welded the cracks.... ground and polished all to a nice finish... will start re-painting tomorrow..
Told FB: if the women don't find ya handsome.... they should at least find ya handy....;)

Big Arm
03-13-2012, 10:08 PM
Told FB: if the women don't find ya handsome.... they should at least find ya handy....;)

:roflblack:

Congrats on the fix !!!! and no problems with bleeding the brakes ???

hotglue
03-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Mighty Vac sucks it all down to the bottom... even when I have rebuilt the masters on other bikes....also give a good change out of fluid!

Big Arm
03-13-2012, 10:34 PM
Thanks, I'll definitly give the Mighty Vac a try. :bowdown:
There was a thread or two about bleeding the brakes awhile back.......I'll just have to refresh my memory.
Thanks again.

hotglue
03-17-2012, 07:32 AM
Well.... thought I had it fixed.... now the brake failure indicator is coming up.... re-bled back and front.... but it looks like it will have to hooked up to BUDS to clear...Rats

flamingobabe
03-17-2012, 07:37 AM
I hope it's an easy fix

lil rabbit
03-17-2012, 07:39 AM
Hey Hotglue I wish I was there to give you a hand.

flamingobabe
03-17-2012, 03:23 PM
we wish you were here......

ataDude
03-17-2012, 03:26 PM
we wish you were here......

Did you get the pipes on?

glynnk
03-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Hey, if anybody can fix it, Hotglue can....you da man!

Glynnk

hotglue
03-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Did you get the pipes on?

ataDude.... I took the pipes to some folks that do ceramic coating... waiting for them to get back from them to put them on!!!!!! should relieve the repainting issue in the turns.!!!!! Can't wait to get them on!!!!! Put the new tires on the Yellow Valk, and have been riding it.... Ya did good on that bike!!!! It's Sweet!!!!
I pulled the Progressive 440's- 11.5 inch shocks off the Black and Silver Valk and put them on the Yellow Valk... Pulled the 440, 12 inch shocks off the Electraglide and put them on the Black and Silver Valk.... took the Progressive 418, 13 inch shocks off the Yellow Valk and put them on the Harley...
Seems ta be a good match for all the bikes!!!

Are ya coming to the BBQ????????? Ride that sweet hardtop convertable down!!!!!!

hotglue
03-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Hey, if anybody can fix it, Hotglue can....you da man!

Glynnk
Don't know about all that...LOL
We took the Spyder into Mancuso and they put it on the BUDS...
There we a lot of faults showing.. but most of them had to do with low voltage.....
We knew we needed to get a new battery... we had to keep the one in the bike on a tender or it would go dead....
Before we took the Spyder in, I changed out the rear ABS/VSS trigger wheel.... just so they wouldn't say that was the issue.... It was damaged while we were in West Virginia last year.... and I was able to straighten out the teeth with a hammer and chisel..and get back on the road from cripple mode.
Anyway they said there was not much they could do until the new battery was in... Came home , put the new battery on the trickle charger... will put in in tomorrow....

The good news is.... the brake failure alarm went away while FB was riding it home... and has not come back!!!!!!!....
I guess FB's Spyder was just craving a BUDS connection!!!!

hotglue
03-17-2012, 10:16 PM

Hey Bro!!!!! wish you were here too!!!!! Been too long since we got to hang out and do stuff!!!!!
We will see ya this Summer for sure!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!

ataDude
03-18-2012, 11:16 AM
Damn. Old Yeller provided life-saving parts for the HD? ;) :ohyea:

I take it the Sea Foam solved the carb issue? Good... I was worried!

Don't know about the BBQ yet.

ataDude.... I took the pipes to some folks that do ceramic coating... waiting for them to get back from them to put them on!!!!!! should relieve the repainting issue in the turns.!!!!! Can't wait to get them on!!!!! Put the new tires on the Yellow Valk, and have been riding it.... Ya did good on that bike!!!! It's Sweet!!!!
I pulled the Progressive 440's- 11.5 inch shocks off the Black and Silver Valk and put them on the Yellow Valk... Pulled the 440, 12 inch shocks off the Electraglide and put them on the Black and Silver Valk.... took the Progressive 418, 13 inch shocks off the Yellow Valk and put them on the Harley...
Seems ta be a good match for all the bikes!!!

Are ya coming to the BBQ????????? Ride that sweet hardtop convertable down!!!!!!

flamingobabe
03-21-2012, 08:58 PM
got the pipes back from the ceramic coaters...look good...pipes are on the bike...they sound good...can't wait to take her for a spin so I can hear them going down the road....need to do all the finishing up things...GloRyders, GoPro...extentions on my forward pegs, and just put all the plastic back on.....I'll take pics when we are finished..I'm a lucky gal to have such a handsome...handy man!!!!thanks hg