PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Mechanic

spyderdips
03-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Are dealerships the only options for getting the spyder serviced (other than DIY)? Are there any local shops which will do service/maintenance around the DC metro area?

Thanks.
DS

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-13-2012, 01:06 PM
It's a gas engine not a nuclear reactor......BUT.....it's the computers and where they tie into things that cause the service/maintenace headaches.....the mechanicals are pretty straightforward ....if you have a shop manual you can tear it down and put it together.....BUT....Rebooting the computer is where you hit a wall...IMHO...Mike..

Bob Denman
03-13-2012, 01:51 PM
:agree: There are some pretty specific details to this bike that are probably best left in the hands of somebody who has (hopefully!:gaah:) had the training to deal with them...

arntufun
03-13-2012, 01:58 PM
:agree: There are some pretty specific details to this bike that are probably best left in the hands of somebody who has (hopefully!:gaah:) had the training to deal with them...

And by this we mean School, not online training. :banghead:
:banghead:

zrc
03-13-2012, 02:00 PM
And by this we mean School, not online training. :banghead:
:banghead:

Yea for Online training there is a guy on these forums that has a course in DIY low budget mechanic stuff... What was his name...:p

arntufun
03-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Yea for Online training there is a guy on these forums that has a course in DIY low budget mechanic stuff... What was his name...:p

At least that guys Spyder is back together and running perfectly. :roflblack:
:roflblack:

zrc
03-13-2012, 02:11 PM

Well played Randy, well played. I am only having issues with my alarm at this point, but truth be told I would have paid out the EYES if I hadnt ripped all your vids off youtube and put them on the garage computer.

I prolly should paypal you some money. I know you had to replace hundreds of dollars worth of penstriping due to holly's scuff. :roflblack:
:joke: (Since Im about to use the same penstriping!) I think I spelled PenStripe-ing wrong. Who knows! MS WORD HELP ME

Bob Denman
03-13-2012, 02:25 PM
:2thumbs:
:clap::2thumbs:

Marker
03-13-2012, 04:16 PM
For me having a great mechanic:clap: that works at a great dealership that practices awesome customer service :bowdown: makes the spyder ownership experience a sheer joy !!!!:yes::yes:

My ownership experience so far has been nothing but Fantastic!!!:yes:

CycleChamp
03-13-2012, 05:07 PM
For me having a great mechanic:clap: that works at a great dealership that practices awesome customer service :bowdown: makes the spyder ownership experience a sheer joy !!!!:yes::yes:

My ownership experience so far has been nothing but Fantastic!!!:yes:

Does this mean I have to go to Canada to find a great mechanic?? :yikes:
Anyone know one in Florida? Preferably not more then 100 miles from Lake Placid, FL.

Arr MiHardies
03-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Does this mean I have to go to Canada to find a great mechanic?? :yikes:
Anyone know one in Florida? Preferably not more then 100 miles from Lake Placid, FL.

I'd be very surprised if there weren't a great mechanic somewhere near you