PDA

View Full Version : Durango Owner's Event Ryders from Canada

RodO
03-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Anyone travelling to Durango Colorado for the Spyder Owner's Event (June 20-22)?

I'm planning to head down from Saskatoon via Waterton/Glacier, leaving on the 16th.

spyderrock
03-20-2012, 08:21 AM
Hey Rod im heading down from Sherwood Park just outside Edmonton, but im heading to Cowtown first to get some work done on the bike then riding to the Owners event with the gang from there. If I wasn't heading there we could ride together, have a safe trip

geoshmo
03-26-2012, 05:04 PM
I live just outside of Saskatoon in Colonsay and while I am not going to Durango I might be interested in going as far as Lethbridge to visit my sister.

RodO
03-26-2012, 09:27 PM
I live just outside of Saskatoon in Colonsay and while I am not going to Durango I might be interested in going as far as Lethbridge to visit my sister.

Sure, if the timing works out, let's do it.

While you're at it, Durango isn't too much further ;-)

Rod.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Max LTD
03-26-2012, 09:47 PM
Anyone travelling to Durango Colorado for the Spyder Owner's Event (June 20-22)?

I'm planning to head down from Saskatoon via Waterton/Glacier, leaving on the 16th.

Rod, I would be interested in going with my wife. A few questions first: How many Kms a day are you planning? For the night stop over, what are you planning to do? Reserve hotel room ahead of time? What is your plan for the trip back? I am from Cold Lake, Alberta, we could meet in Medicine Hat on the 16 June...

RodO
03-26-2012, 10:04 PM
Rod, I would be interested in going with my wife. A few questions first: How many Kms a day are you planning? For the night stop over, what are you planning to do? Reserve hotel room ahead of time? What is your plan for the trip back? I am from Cold Lake, Alberta, we could meet in Medicine Hat on the 16 June...

Hi Max LTD,
My route isn't cast in stone, but so far it's looking like the 16th in Waterton, then Butte (640 km), Salt Lake City (670 km), Woody Creek CO (650 km, that's where Hunter S Thompson lived), and the Durango (385 km), pretty easy days I'm thinking. Coming back, I'd leave on the 22nd for Cheyenne (700 km), then Miles City (670 km), and home on the 24th.

Not sure yet if my wife will come, but we went to Montreal last summer and Vancouver the year before, so she'd be up to it. I've only booked a room in Durango so far. If I'm alone I might not book hotels for the trip down or back to leave some flexibility.

How's that look to you?

oldblindjohn
03-28-2012, 08:13 AM
Rod,

What route from Woody Creek are you taking to Durango?
There are no places to stay in Woody Creek. Aspen is closest, but REALLY expensive.

John

RodO
03-28-2012, 08:26 PM
Hi John,
Good question! I was looking at that last night and, as much as I'd like to see Woody Creek, it's too much off the beaten path to make sense for me to make the HST pilgrimage on this trip

What I did see on the map and that I'd rather do, and that aren't hard to get to, are Arches National Park, and Natural Bridges, both in Utah.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

oldblindjohn
04-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Will you go thru Grand Junction, Montrose, and Ouray?
That will put you on the million dollar hiway down into Durango. SERIOUS twisties!

john

RodO
04-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Will you go thru Grand Junction, Montrose, and Ouray?
That will put you on the million dollar hiway down into Durango. SERIOUS twisties!

john
:yes:Oh ya,it'll be on the trip home!