PDA

View Full Version : Suggested places Raleigh, Durham area to try on gear...

staysafeonline
03-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Greetings all - looks like I'll be joining the ranks of the Spyder owners in the next six weeks or so, which means is time to start spending money on gear. Looking for physical stores where I can go and try on gear (helmets, jackets, gloves). Looking for a place that has a helpful sales staff that will educate me about the differences in gear, specifically looking for places that have a decent assortment of helmets -- any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance and I am getting super excited!

Squirtstoy21
03-11-2012, 08:46 PM
I live in Greensboro and there is also one in Raleigh. I think it is off Sanders Street near the Lowe's. They are always helpful and you have a lot of choices. I have bought: helmets, glove (heated also), jackets and pants from Cycle Gear. You can also look them up on line.

Good Luck and let me know if I can help you in anyway.

Ride Safe,

Craig

poorboy1942
03-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Greetings all - looks like I'll be joining the ranks of the Spyder owners in the next six weeks or so, which means is time to start spending money on gear. Looking for physical stores where I can go and try on gear (helmets, jackets, gloves). Looking for a place that has a helpful sales staff that will educate me about the differences in gear, specifically looking for places that have a decent assortment of helmets -- any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance and I am getting super excited!

there is a motorcycle clothing store in Tellico Plains, tn. good selection and prices, puls he is a nice guy. would be a great ride for you. beautiful area.

Bob

staysafeonline
03-11-2012, 10:36 PM
I live in Greensboro and there is also one in Raleigh. I think it is off Sanders Street near the Lowe's. They are always helpful and you have a lot of choices. I have bought: helmets, glove (heated also), jackets and pants from Cycle Gear. You can also look them up on line.

Good Luck and let me know if I can help you in anyway.

Ride Safe,

Craig

Craig, thanks for the suggestion. I stopped in on Saturday and when I asked the guy for help with the helmets, he was like what do you want to know? I'll give it another try this week and maybe will get someone who can be more helpful. Thanks!

KipDM
03-15-2012, 02:02 AM
Cycle Gear off of Tryon Road in Raleigh has a good selection.
in all honesty i prefer to buy from Triangle Cycles or the bike dealer further down 70 form Tryon (sorry, can't remember name) but for actual selection in stock Cycle Gear is the best i have seen in the triangle.
most shops in the area use the same helmet distributor though (the largest in the US) so if you find a helmet you like you can get pretty much any store to order it for you.

for gear i am not sure. all the shops have TONS of stuff they can order but not in stock in the store.

let me suggest you get some very breathable summer gloves, slightly heavier cool weather gloves and if you plan on ryding in winter some cold weather gloves and possibly liners too.