PDA

View Full Version : Laying down the vinyl...

Bob Denman
03-10-2012, 12:40 PM
:shocked: Okay guys; I've got myself just about terrified over the thought of laying down the vinyl that I got from Pete...
I know that getting it put in the right place is about six steps above important, so Im finding the center lines of the Frunk-hood this afternoon. After that I get just a bit frazzled...
The center "hinge" of masking tape...
I peel off the bottom layer of paper and then try not to touch anything down... :yikes: When I get to the hinge, I cut that loose chunk of paper that's now sticking to everything loose and step all over it while holding the vinyl in the air so that it doesn't touch anything until the MIssus quits laughing and decides to help???
Then the half that I just got done dancing with gets squeegeed down?:shocked:
Is this it or is there a secret handshake that'll make all of it any easier??

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! :bowdown:

fastfraser
03-10-2012, 12:55 PM
That's pretty much it. :thumbup: The film you are using has air release and can be lifted and repositioned multiple times with no ill effect . As you stated finding center and using a hinge are important.

Ask me how I know ? I watched Pete work on my RT for 3 days.:roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-10-2012, 01:17 PM
:shocked: Gulp... I guess that I've just got the jitters over this one. I can't tell you how many times I've had to re-drill holes or find a bolt that'll work because I cross-threaded the right one. I just want this to go down right the first time!
Thanks! :thumbup:

Bob Denman
03-11-2012, 02:02 PM
:shocked: WHEW!!! :shocked: We got it... :thumbup:
She about killed me several times with the scissors, but we've got no bubbles or wrinkles at all!
But stressful.... :shocked:
I'm gonna go watch the race for a whuile and let my heart stop racing!

1VENOM
03-11-2012, 02:12 PM
It took me 18 hours to do mine but Pete's video, helped.

Netminder
03-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Looks great!!:2thumbs:

kevorama
03-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Wow Bob, that looks awesome! is that your own design? I know how you feel when you talk about taking that first big step towards eminent disaster. Tackling my wiring mods had me literally nauseous at the thought of jacking up the bike, pulling off the plastic and then cutting into perfectly good wiring with the possibility of frying my (non-refundable do to ignorance) units, if the wrong wire was chosen. I still have a long way to go before I'm done, but at least I don't feel like I'm prepping for a vasectomy anymore. That was just about the only other time that I felt that scared about something, LOL.
Once again, excellent new looks on the bike!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1VENOM
03-11-2012, 05:20 PM
:shocked: WHEW!!! :shocked: We got it... :thumbup:
She about killed me several times with the scissors, but we've got no bubbles or wrinkles at all!
But stressful.... :shocked:
I'm gonna go watch the race for a whuile and let my heart stop racing!

Your graphis looks great!!:clap:
:clap::clap:. Job well done.

SteveMac
03-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Great job Bob.
Now that wasn't so bad was it?? ;)

And the Phoenix has a literal meaning in this case doesn't it?!?

:yes::yes::yes:

Tin Can
03-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Both of them are great jobs:bowdown:.

spyder3
03-11-2012, 09:15 PM
I'm impressed bob:bowdown::bowdown:

TuckMiddle
03-11-2012, 10:18 PM
With the artistic skill of a dynasaur and a patience quotient of some large negative number, I had my frunk lid done by a local pro. He did pretty well, considering it only took him about an hour and $30 to install.

Tuck 41948

Bob Denman
03-12-2012, 06:55 AM
Great job Bob.
Now that wasn't so bad was it?? ;)

And the Phoenix has a literal meaning in this case doesn't it?!?

:yes::yes::yes:

Yup! :opps:
:opps: :D

I contacted Pete and told him what I had in mind and he sent some samples for me to kick through... :thumbup:
VENOM... Awesome job! :clap::firstplace:

Spyder Wraps Pete
03-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Great install Bob... If you would like we can set you up as our official installer in your area.
Just think of how much fun it would be... ;)

Pete

Some of Our Can-am Spyder decal products (http://www.powersportswraps.com/vehicle-vinyl-wraps/cam-am-spyder-kits/) here.

CyncySpyder
03-12-2012, 10:21 AM

Bob Denman
03-12-2012, 11:05 AM
We're gonna take her out for a spin after work today...

I almost forgot :opps:: A big "Thanks!" to Pete at www.powersportswraps.com (http://www.powersportswraps.com)! :bowdown::firstplace::clap:

ARtraveler
03-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Awesome looking installation. I would not be brave enough to try that.

Bob Denman
03-12-2012, 11:20 AM
I wasn't either... :opps:
It's the Missus who's got the steady hands! :thumbup:

napper39
03-12-2012, 01:22 PM
nice job,and i mean all of you that have done this to make your spyder your owen,i would be like the guy having an xpert do it.i get too mad if things go wrong and might shoot it.:yikes::thumbup::chat: