PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Downshift possible issue ! Is it me or the Spyder?

Max LTD
03-10-2012, 09:07 AM
Good morning, I went out for my first ride yesterday with my new 2011 RT SE5 and I noticed something quiet different than my old 2010 RT SE5. When I downshift, it seems like when the engine revs up before the downshift, it feels like the clutch is still engaged for a fraction of a second and the bike actually slightly accelerate forward during the engine rev up just before downshifting properly. As soon as I noticed this, I drove to my dealer and they quickly got the bike in and they re-synchronized the engine/transmission/idle..etc...Love my dealer !

Now out of the dealer, I have to admit that the downshifting is better but I still feel the bike is slightly accelerating forward during the engine rev up before downshifting gears.

Note: ALSO, while driving back home, only once, I tried twice in a row to downshift from 3rd to 2nd and the bike did not shift and I saw the indication "E" in my display where the gear number is displayed..so I saw gear 3 than E than 3 again..I accelerated then shifted in 4 than back to 3 and 2 with no problem !

Do I have a transmission issue or I just have to drive it lots more before getting concerns? Thanks

fastfraser
03-10-2012, 10:23 AM
If you are seeing an error message on your display, you have a problem. I would take it back to your dealer or at the very least call him .

StormSpyder
03-11-2012, 10:54 AM
i have 6000 mile on my 2011 limited, i noticed that i have to be off the throttle to down shift, as i remember that was not the way it worked on the 2010. Do i need to take it in for service? It is annoying to back off the throttle when i need a power down shift. What is correct?
See you in Cuba

Bob Denman
03-11-2012, 02:04 PM
That's normal... The engine is matching revs to the lower gear... :thumbup: