PDA

View Full Version : HOw To Open the "Frunk" !!

ZippE
03-08-2012, 08:22 PM
It seems that for some reason, the latch on the Frunk is not disengaging (unlocking) when trying to open as usual with the ingnition key. I have opened it a multitude of times and now it won't open. I've nudged and proded the Frunk lid to open while depressing the key and turning counter-clockwise. Now matter how many times I've tried, the lid will not unlatch.

Any suggestions short of taking into the shop, is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in Advance

Zipp E
2010 RT

SPYD1
03-08-2012, 08:52 PM
By the steering column you will see a black cable (coated)...bend a hanger to loop around it and give it a tug. Or use needle nose...I like a hanger.

SPYD1
03-08-2012, 08:54 PM
It works on a RS...

NancysToy
03-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Try having someone push on the lid while turning the key (or hitting the button). If the weatherstrip comes loose, or the trunk is too full, it pushes against the latch and will not unlatch. It could also be that the latch needs to be lubed and/or adjusted.

Bob Denman
03-09-2012, 07:42 AM
:agree: A heavy hand on the lid works wonders... :thumbup:

ZippE
03-09-2012, 12:56 PM
First of all, thanks for the replies and suggestions. I've resolved the matter. With extremely undue pressure (almost felt like I could have broken the key) the lid opened. Some lubrication was applied to the entire mechanism and now it works perfectly, as it was designed to....

Thanks again,

ZippE

Bob Denman
03-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Glad to hear it! :thumbup: :D

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-09-2012, 08:58 PM
You are very very lucky the key didn't snap.....we have another thread going here on just that subject....my guess is because you are in a very high humidity area the latch is taking a beating so to speak.....imho I would loosen the center and extend it one turn then tighten it all ....that should give you just a little more free play in the mechanism........Mike.....:thumbup: