PDA

View Full Version : SPYDERFEST 2012 - MISSOURI RIVER WINE COUNTRY

GloryRyders
03-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Do you want to travel the back roads of central Missouri, passing through the rolling hills, farm lands and vineyards that dot the countryside?
:dontknow: Do you want to visit historic Hermann Missouri which is nestled along the banks of the Missouri River?:dontknow: Do you want to visit the oldest, most awarded winery in Missouri?:dontknow:

If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you will want to join us on the Missouri River Wine Country Ryde on Friday morning during Spyderfest.

We will be leaving Cowtown at 10:00 AM for Hermann Mo. which is a picturesque German community offering old-world charm and hospitality of an earlier time. With spectacular views, more than 150 historic buildings, quaint inns and B&B's, world class wineries, shops and galleries, it is a perfect getaway. It has been named "The Most Beautiful Town in Missouri" by Best of Rural Missouri Magazine.:firstplace:

Upon arriving, you will have a choice of touring Stone Hill Winery which was founded in 1847 and is the oldest, most awarded winery in Missouri. You can tour through the arched cellars, modern production facility and tasting rooms (27 varieties to sample) for a nominal charge. Lunch can be purchased at the Vintage Restaurant in the former carriage house. They serve German and American cuisine.:popcorn:

Another option is lunch at the Concert Hall and Barrel Bar which is located in one of the most historic buildings in Hermann. It is believed to be the longest continually operating bar west of the Mississippi River (early 1850's). They serve sandwiches, salads, pizza, steaks and seafood.:popcorn:
After lunch, time permitting, you can roam thru the shops on 1st Street before the ryde back to Cuba so you can prepare for Friday Night Lights!

Hope to see many of you on this ryde!

Papa
03-08-2012, 06:11 PM
We had a great time in Herman last year. Decisions, decisions . . ..

Firefly
03-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Sounds pretty good---- any breweries along the way? ;) Wine will do--- but micro-brews are my preferred drink of choice.....

zrc
03-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Im betting I have to go to this one! My 2 up is a born and bred German girl! Didnt speak English until she was 8 or 9 and didnt move to America until she was 15. She might take this little town head on!

DocRags
03-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Sounds like a fun trip...looking forward to it. We usually stop in Branson at the Stone Hill winery so it will be nice to see the one in Hermann.

lyonsden
03-08-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm sure we will do this one! We visited Stone Hill and Herman last year and we had the best time. We ate lunch at the Vintage Restaurant and the food was excellent. They also let us drink the wine we had already bought at the winery with lunch. This will be a lot of fun! I can't wait!:yes:

GloryRyders
03-09-2012, 06:31 AM
Sounds pretty good---- any breweries along the way? ;) Wine will do--- but micro-brews are my preferred drink of choice.....

There is a micro-brewery in town so it is another option............just remember the Missouri Smokies could be out and about on the way back to Cuba.:lecturef_smilie: :roflblack:

zrc
03-09-2012, 10:47 AM
There is a micro-brewery in town so it is another option............just remember the Missouri Smokies could be out and about on the way back to Cuba.:lecturef_smilie: :roflblack:

Are they more or less likely to give you a ticket if you give them a free beer?

GloryRyders
03-10-2012, 07:35 AM
Are they more or less likely to give you a ticket if you give them a free beer?

:roflblack:...........they might not see the humor in that like I do. Although, it isn't a Spyderfest unless they show up at Cowtown at least once for some reason or the other.:lecturef_smilie:

GloryRyders
03-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Just wanted to keep this at the forefront for Spyderfest. If you like to tour wineries and sample for free, plan on making this run on Friday.:firstplace:

pitbull
03-12-2012, 09:56 PM
The Farris customs passport stop does have an official stop at one of the brewerys, and winery, and meat and cheese stop...... So when you all stumble back into town I mean ryde back into town, we will be having a big party some where with a bond fire and a dj....... We are rough bunch now aren't we:roflblack::roflblack: no seriously the Herman run is a great ride with some cool places to hang out at in the end. Thanks guys for helping make this work........ So here's to you red solo cup let's have a party:yes:

zrc
03-13-2012, 12:18 PM
I need a sharpe for my cup Len. Is it BYOS? Also, Im a registered Bartender in MO if you need one. (its a long story)

Trooper
03-13-2012, 01:07 PM
I need a sharpe for my cup Len. Is it BYOS? Also, Im a registered Bartender in MO if you need one. (its a long story)

I have done well organizing our office parties in the past. There is a one cup limit, and everyone still manages to have a great time...

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/securedownload.jpg

zrc
03-13-2012, 01:08 PM
I have done well organizing our office parties in the past. There is a one cup limit, and everyone still manages to have a great time...

Can I get the name of your cup vendor sir, because that, is freaking awesome.

lyonsden
03-13-2012, 01:53 PM
I vote Trooper is in charge of the cups for the wine tasting!
"yes officer, I only had one drink":roflblack:

SteveMac
03-13-2012, 02:03 PM

Love it !!!!! ;););)

Joanie
03-13-2012, 05:37 PM
Can't wait for the wine oh I mean Hermann run!!!! :yes:
It was a difficult choice for me, ladies run, or Hermann!!!! But of course wine won!!!! :ohyea:

Looking forward to making some new friends at Sypderfest 2012!!!!!

SpyderLady
03-13-2012, 07:14 PM
The Farris customs passport stop does have an official stop at one of the brewerys, and winery, and meat and cheese stop...... So when you all stumble back into town I mean ryde back into town, we will be having a big party some where with a bond fire and a dj....... We are rough bunch now aren't we:roflblack::roflblack: no seriously the Herman run is a great ride with some cool places to hang out at in the end. Thanks guys for helping make this work........ So here's to you red solo cup let's have a party:yes:

Of course they scheduled the ladies ride on the same day. You know how us ladies love our wine! So guess I'll not be able to do wine until I get back from the ladies ride.....then I will wine a bit🎤🎤🎤

Joanie
03-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Hey SpyderLady... Next year WE need to plan the schedule. Ladies run differs from anything else WE want to do!!! AKA something that has wine included!!! LOL!! Can't wait for Spyderfest 2012!!! Friday night lights will be the BOMB!!

Mo Lee
03-23-2012, 05:18 AM
Bump

ThreeFeet
03-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Who's driving??? WINE??? But officer I don't drink!!!

SpyderLady
03-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Seems the ladies ride is getting lots of attention. Guess next year we may have to schedule the ladies ride on a day all by itself. Know what I mean:shemademe_smilie:

GloryRyders
03-25-2012, 03:56 PM
Seems the ladies ride is getting lots of attention. Guess next year we may have to schedule the ladies ride on a day all by itself. Know what I mean:shemademe_smilie:

If it is on a day all by itself, you will need more "trinkets" to give away!:roflblack:

ThreeFeet
03-25-2012, 07:23 PM
Hey there Jim and Linda hope you can bring me back a bottle of wine!!! I will probably working at Cowtown. Sooo need a "lift" for later in the evening!!!:clap:

Joanie
03-25-2012, 07:30 PM
To all the women who feel the need to go on the ladies ride. I will accept orders and bring you back what you want. Don't worry about us having enough room. If i have to I will make Kev take the trailer!;)

ThreeFeet
03-25-2012, 07:32 PM
To all the women who fell the need to go on the ladies ride. I will accept orders and bring you back what you want. Don't worry about us having enough room. If i have to I will make Kev take the trailer!;) Love THAT idea!!!!!

SpyderLady
03-26-2012, 10:24 AM
OH all of YOU on the Herman ride. Beware.... there is a MALE spyderryder (Kevorama) who does not pay attention to the WO MEN bathroom signs. Then if you add wine to the factor I am not sure where he will go. You have been warned!!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblac k::shemademe_smilie:

Jim/Linda .... he is your OTHER MOGANG member for the ride. You are stuck with him!!!:ohyea::ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

Joanie
03-26-2012, 09:44 PM
OH all of YOU on the Herman ride. Beware.... there is a MALE spyderryder (Kevorama) who does not pay attention to the WO MEN bathroom signs. Then if you add wine to the factor I am not sure where he will go. You have been warned!!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblac k::shemademe_smilie:

Jim/Linda .... he is your OTHER MOGANG member for the ride. You are stuck with him!!!:ohyea::ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

Honestly I think he was just trying to show his "femine" side.

I have had to use the wo "mens" room before.;)

So not a big deal!!

GloryRyders
03-27-2012, 05:55 AM

I think that we can keep him "GOING" in the right direction!:roflblack:

pitbull
03-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Making the Herman run myself in the next few weeks, it's part of the Farris customs passport rout, I think we even have a glass blowing place this year on the rout. Awesome run Jim...... Hows the new elkas????

TicketBait
03-29-2012, 12:34 AM
This looks to be a very good ride:thumbup:

GloryRyders
03-29-2012, 05:21 AM
Making the Herman run myself in the next few weeks, it's part of the Farris customs passport rout, I think we even have a glass blowing place this year on the rout. Awesome run Jim...... Hows the new elkas????

They're doing great..........it was a smoother ryde going home yesterday and passing all the "big rigs" was a lot easier!:yes:Thanks for all your help and imput into the RT Ltd. With the additional chrome and new paint, people will have to put on sunglasses at Spyderfest to look at it.:doorag:

ThreeFeet
03-29-2012, 07:44 AM
They're doing great..........it was a smoother ryde going home yesterday and passing all the "big rigs" was a lot easier!:yes:Thanks for all your help and imput into the RT Ltd. With the additional chrome and new paint, people will have to put on sunglasses at Spyderfest to look at it.:doorag: When did you find time to put on some prettys??? Elkas REALLY do help. Have a goody.

GloryRyders
03-30-2012, 04:22 AM
When did you find time to put on some prettys??? Elkas REALLY do help. Have a goody.

"Glory" was at Cowtown for a couple of weeks getting the paint and wheels completed. We picked it up last Saturday. Went back on Wednesday to get the Elka's and a Pearl White dash installed. Pretty, Pretty and really shiny!:2thumbs: As always the "boys" did a great job!:bowdown: :firstplace:

SteveMac
03-30-2012, 07:18 AM
"Glory" was at Cowtown for a couple of weeks getting the paint and wheels completed. We picked it up last Saturday. Went back on Wednesday to get the Elka's and a Pearl White dash installed. Pretty, Pretty and really shiny!:2thumbs: As always the "boys" did a great job!:bowdown: :firstplace:

Pics!!!!!!!!!

GloryRyders
03-31-2012, 05:06 AM
You will probably just have to wait until the 14th.............hope the weather is good so we can bring her out to Cowtown.:ohyea:

ThreeFeet
03-31-2012, 10:30 AM
ANOTHER SUPERDUPPER RYDE!!!!

Joanie
03-31-2012, 10:25 PM
Looking forward to seeing the bike!!! Looking forward to a wonderful ryde to Hermann on Friday!!!

Can't wait for Spyderfest!!!!

pitbull
03-31-2012, 10:35 PM
Making this ride with joe and Jim tomorrow.

SteveMac
03-31-2012, 10:43 PM
Making this ride with joe and Jim tomorrow.

Have fun!

Wish I was about 2 1/2 hours closer. I'd go too!!

pitbull
03-31-2012, 10:46 PM
Have fun!

Wish I was about 2 1/2 hours closer. I'd go too!!

We need a home base to report back to steve, I wish you was closer too, huuu mm maybe we can cure that.:yikes:

ThreeFeet
04-01-2012, 10:52 AM
HOT DIGGIDY DOG!!!! ONLY 23 DAYS TO FUN AND GAMES!!!!

Joanie
04-03-2012, 06:11 PM
HOT DIGGIDY DOG!!!! ONLY 23 DAYS TO FUN AND GAMES!!!!

Your forgot, 24 days till the wine run!!!!

Wine makes Joanie a happy girl!!!!

pitbull
04-03-2012, 06:30 PM
:coffee::coffee::coffee:
Your forgot, 24 days till the wine run!!!!

Wine makes Joanie a happy girl!!!!

Joanie
04-03-2012, 07:52 PM
:coffee::coffee::coffee:

Len, don't tell me that is coffee!! Not in my vocabulary!!!

SpyderLady
04-06-2012, 03:50 PM
To all the women who feel the need to go on the ladies ride. I will accept orders and bring you back what you want. Don't worry about us having enough room. If i have to I will make Kev take the trailer!;)

Better take the trailer cause we are Gona need lots for Friday nite lites but not until after we sell all the 50/50 tickets