PDA

View Full Version : Shakedown cruises...

Bob Denman
03-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Well since I've gotten "The Phoenix" back, I've been proceeding slowly and methodically with my rydes.
I've got to say that so far, it all seems good since the total rebuild. I took it up to 9,000 rpm and the motor seems to rev smoothly and freely; no unwanted grinding, gnashing rattling or smashing sounds. At speeds up to 95mph (:opps:), I encountered no vibrations or oscillations in the bars and it seems to be tracking straight. The belt is even centered in the pulleys! I ran it up and down through the gears, it downshifts even better than I remembered, and upshifts were smooth and fast.
So I'm feeling better and better... :2thumbs:

neelbert
03-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Well since I've gotten "The Phoenix" back, I've been proceeding slowly and methodically with my rydes.
I've got to say that so far, it all seems good since the total rebuild. I took it up to 9,000 rpm and the motor seems to rev smoothly and freely; no unwanted grinding, gnashing rattling or smashing sounds. At speeds up to 95mph (:opps:), I encountered no vibrations or oscillations in the bars and it seems to be tracking straight. The belt is even centered in the pulleys! I ran it up and down through the gears, it downshifts even better than I remembered, and upshifts were smooth and fast.
So I'm feeling better and better... :2thumbs:

I love it when a plan comes together:2thumbs:

spyderrock
03-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Awesome Bob glad to hear every thing worked out:clap:, now go out and enjoy if the weather there permits

ARtraveler
03-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Glad to hear everything is checking out.

I had a car back in 1972 that was 1/2 damaged due to a head on collision. The car ran fine after the fix--but I was always a little afraid. I ended up trading it off on a new vehicle the next year.

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-08-2012, 02:33 PM
GReat news Bob, back in the day the way to smooth out a tranny was to put some saw dust in it........:gaah::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:: roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:.....Mi ke

GloryRyders
03-08-2012, 02:42 PM
:2thumbs: it might have taken longer than you wanted, but it sounds like they did a good job!:congrats:

boborgera
03-08-2012, 02:57 PM
GReat news Bob, back in the day the way to smooth out a tranny was to put some saw dust in it........:gaah::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:: roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:.....Mi ke

Yep, every Auto Trans shop in Brooklyn had a wood working shop near bye, They had to do something with the extra saw dust, After they outlawed it's use in Bars and Butcher Shops.

CyncySpyder
03-08-2012, 03:08 PM
and Teddy wants to know if you've taken his girlfriend out for a ryde yet :hun::yes:

Bob Denman
03-08-2012, 03:12 PM
The Missus has promised me time for a ryde this Sunday with "Tink" onboard... :thumbup:
We got her an "Outward Hound" front rig that she'll sit in. The Missus will wear it kind of like a backpack put on backwards... :shocked:

Yol Bolsun
03-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Saw this over on the Can-Am Spyder Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/CanAmSpyder).

Arr MiHardies
03-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Saw this over on the Can-Am Spyder Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/CanAmSpyder).

that looks incredibly photoshopped. not a terrible idea though.

dannymax
03-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Excellent news Bob!! :clap::clap::clap:

CyncySpyder
03-08-2012, 11:08 PM
:nopic::bowdown:

Bob Denman
03-09-2012, 07:37 AM
I'll pack along a camera; I promise! ;)

Mr. White
03-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Glad to hear things are running well. My group is planning a trip to Big Bend Nat'l Park in April and I am apprehensive about taking BR1 vs. my Wing as I have read some stories about the machine quiting, etc for no reason. I have had no problems, but where we go there is little help and no cell phone coverage...OH, I am going to take BR1, but it is in the back of my mind.....reliability...

Bob, if you ever wish to be away from the hussle and bussle of life, visit Candelaria, TX. This is a guiet, out of the way metropolis (two houses and a closed gas station) west of Presidio about 48 miles. Take water....

:spyder2:

Floyd Baughman
03-09-2012, 01:31 PM
;) glad to here that your baby checked out ok for you.