PDA

View Full Version : Geees Now I've done it and to myelf....

murphybrown
03-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Started ryding Sunday...weather gorgeous (altho little chilly 33' this am)...so what's the problem you ask?...I've unleashed the Spyder Ryding monster within and she is taking control of ME.:yikes:..I am sooooo ready to head to Spyderfest and I've got sooooo long to wait.....since I don't want to add another addiction to my life..I am staying away from booze, drugs, sex (did I r3eally say thaat!!!!:roflblack::roflblack:), shopping (gotta save $$ for mods at Spyderfest--all those hot deals the vendors are going to offer!!). So what to do...oh dear get out the maps, drive Lamont nus with my "how does that work?" questions....do my moment by moment self-talks here on spyderlovers...so I can get you to join in on my circle of insanity...and then there is always RYDE, RYDE, RYDE....hmmmm that seems like the best choice....I'm choosing that one. Everyone have a great day...:yes::yes:

GloryRyders
03-06-2012, 03:46 PM
:yes:Went for a ryde yesterday (55 deg.) and again today (70+ deg.). Can't beat this St. Louis weather.:2thumbs: Only 49 days to Spyderfest.:yes:

SpyderAnn01
03-06-2012, 03:54 PM
I went for a nice ride doing errands yesterday but today we are having a wind storm and right now I can hardly see beyond my backyard. 50 - 60 mph wind gusts don't make for great riding weather.

Karyl what is your route going to be to Spyderfest? Are you heading through Las Vegas again?

Lamonster
03-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Ride out here and I'll show you how to use that GPS app. ;)

murphybrown
03-06-2012, 04:05 PM
I went for a nice ride doing errands yesterday but today we are having a wind storm and right now I can hardly see beyond my backyard. 50 - 60 mph wind gusts don't make for great riding weather.

Karyl what is your route going to be to Spyderfest? Are you heading through Las Vegas again?

Weather will dictate which way I go...so won't make final decision until couple days before leaving...what day are you planning on leaving?

murphybrown
03-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Ride out here and I'll show you how to use that GPS app. ;)
Lamont you don't have enough hours in you day to teach this non techie how to use all these cool apps:roflblack:. Just stopped at SB's and tried again to go to Navigon help site using my laptop to figure out how to make iphone app function work...no luck...know the answer is out there...:banghead::banghead:

SpyderAnn01
03-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Weather will dictate which way I go...so won't make final decision until couple days before leaving...what day are you planning on leaving?

We are leaving on Sunday to arrive on Tuesday.

Radthorne
03-06-2012, 11:44 PM
I had to vacate my garage, where the RT has been snoozing for a month or so, in order to make room for a door-staining-and-sanding project. This "forced me" to ryde the beast to work. Ordinarily this would of course be more of a delight. However today it was snowing when I left, and 32 degrees. That made the commute... challenging, to say the least. I learned how well the RT will fishtail when it's rear tire is not in one of the tire tracks through the icy slush made by the nice car in front of me... :shocked: And that my gloved hand makes for a poor, but better-than-nothing, substitute for a windshield wiper when ice starts to accumulate on the windscreen.

But I made it, and later in the day the sun came out, and the roads where dry when I left work and rode home. Now that was much more fun! :yes:

Bob Denman
03-07-2012, 08:01 AM
It's going to be getting up into the mid-fifties here today... WOO-HOO!! :yes::ohyea::yes::ohyea:

Lamonster
03-07-2012, 09:22 AM
Lamont you don't have enough hours in you day to teach this non techie how to use all these cool apps:roflblack:. Just stopped at SB's and tried again to go to Navigon help site using my laptop to figure out how to make iphone app function work...no luck...know the answer is out there...:banghead::banghead:

I didn't know anything about that app either but found everything I needed to know on youtube. :thumbup:

spyderrock
03-07-2012, 09:24 AM
Man you guys are killing me with all this nice weather chat:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: up here in good ole Alberta Canada its a balmy minus 5 or in your temps 23 degrees:yikes: ok that's not really cold but the snow on the ground makes it feel colder. There will be no riding for at least a month and I was thinking of heading to Spyderfest but that can be a hazardous journey you never know what mother nature will bring that time of year, like Murphy im going to have to wait for the week before to make a decision on the route. Ahh why do I live here again:gaah::gaah:.....oh ya no bugs in the winter