PDA

View Full Version : Different video on Spyder

Cavman
03-02-2012, 01:12 PM
I have a GoPro HERO cam that I have installed a mount on the dash of my RT. But, I wanted something a bit better that will record sound as well.
I read the posts here on the different cams. I was considering buying one of the HD170s.
But I don't want to spend the bucks. So instead, I purchased a RAM suction mount for a small digital camera. (RAM-B-166-202A) I have Nikon L110 that takes HD video and it has stereo mics. I will have to download it to view it just like the GoPro which is the older non-HD model.
I won't be able to use the Nikon if the weather is too damp. :(
I also ordered two Transcend 32GB10 SDHC Cards to go in the camera.
The camera will only allow me to record up to 29 minutes max at a time of video. I think I can live with that.

Bob Denman
03-02-2012, 01:43 PM
We're waiting to see how well it works... :popcorn: Pass us some more popcorn! :popcorn:

spyder-dude
03-02-2012, 02:58 PM
I just picked up a kodak zx5 waterproof camcorder and used my existing mount from my flip. I just shot my first video with it yesterday.....about a 45 mile ride. I need to edit out the end of it which was a dispute with my buddy on his spyder and an idiot driver. Will upload part of it so you guys can see how it looks. I just need to find a good site to upload too.....I started a separate thread asking that.

wyliec
03-02-2012, 03:34 PM
a dispute with my buddy on his spyder and an idiot driver.

This sounds interesting.

Bob Denman
03-02-2012, 03:41 PM
:agree: That might be the video that we really want to see... :thumbup: :roflblack:

spyder-dude
03-03-2012, 01:25 PM
This is the first one…..You will see it is blurring because I think the camera was vibrating due to speed and mount vibrating. Also it needs to be closer to the shield so don’t get reflection, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5yVv2BbHe4

This is the second one which is in town traffic….going slower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWMOKRpn-9s

The video was 55 minutes long and used 3GB of space on the 32GB card.....so It is said to get up to a 2 hour battery life.....or 2 hours of recording I guess. I am going to hookup a microUSB cable to have it plugged in all the time if I wanted and should be able to record close to 10 hours of video. I did delete the part of an almost fight with my buddy and some young punk......who had no respect for his elders!

I think this camcorder will work well once I move it closer to the windshield and make sure it is tighter on the ram mount. I was able to take the video from the camera and put into my SD card adapter for my iPad 2 and edit the movie right on my iPad 2 and then uploaded to youtube. So it is a total mobile solution that I can do on any bike trip :)

The camera is the Kodak ZX5 Playsport which is waterproof up to 10ft. It also does 5MP still photo shoots.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=safari&rls=en&q=kodak+zx5&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=11180404340041643938&sa=X&ei=umBST5rIB8PC0AGrhLS5DQ&ved=0CHwQ8wIwAg#scoring=tp

It retails for $179 but I got it last week on Walmart.com for $49. I then bought the 1 year accidental replacement warranty for $4.