View Full Version : Upgrade Recommendations

ArmySpyder
02-29-2012, 09:50 PM
Ok everyone, so here are my mods as of last week with all my tinkering:

PCV
TB Dual
GloRyders
Green Filter

Question is, what has been the usual consensus on whats a really good mod, or have to have, on the Spyders. Im thinking floorboards (ISCI).
Seat and Back rest goes without question, but waiting on those.

zrc
03-01-2012, 08:20 AM
Upgrades are really a rider preference, it also depends on how you ride your spyder! I know I changed out my shocks after 1k miles and I like the riding experience better now. So are you looking for sparklie upgrades or performance upgrades. I would suggest highway pegs or floorboards, lights are always fun, and then Shocks or a Swaybar(currently missing in action).

Bob Denman
03-01-2012, 08:51 AM
"Each to their own notion.", said the old woman as she kissed the cow... :agree:

arntufun
03-01-2012, 09:09 AM
PHEWWWWWW !!!! I thought this was going to be another one of those model change threads and I thought I would have to scold somebody. :thumbup: Carry on !!! :roflblack::roflblack:

sealfloorboards
03-01-2012, 09:10 AM
For riding comfort, Utopia back rest, Elka shocks and Seal FloorBoards. With those, bring on the long rides.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

Bob Denman
03-01-2012, 09:32 AM
PHEWWWWWW !!!! I thought this was going to be another one of those model change threads and I thought I would have to scold somebody. :thumbup: Carry on !!! :roflblack::roflblack:

We just can't wait to see how you explain it when Holly's RT hits the streets with her smilin' and stylin' behind the bars... :roflblack:

bullant12
03-01-2012, 01:19 PM
As I have mentioned in another thread....

EVERYTHING THE IMAGINATION CAN GIVE YOU!!! :yes::yes:The possiblities are endless...:welcome:

Bob Denman
03-01-2012, 02:37 PM
:agree::agree::clap::clap:

coz
03-01-2012, 06:08 PM
rt shocks large bang for the buck, stereo makes riding much more fun, madstad w/s is excellent for us in no helmet law states, seat remodel or replacement, on and on and on. read the my mods pages, your head will spin with ideas:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Raptor
03-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Yup, there are many schools of thought on this. Some like to go with megalights (which looks incredibly cool, btw) some go for luggage and touring comfort options (risers, highway pegs, etc), some go for the bling like special paint, wraps and so forth - and some - like me - go only for performance items. The only aesthetic things I have put on 14 is Harvey's grill set - but those were just so cool I could not resist them! other than that, it's all been performance upgrades.

Then there are those that just go for it all! :D I think as time has gone on our choices and options have improved significantly. So pretty much the sky is the limit; it's all what you want to get out of the experience. Good luck and have fun!