PDA

View Full Version : Doorag vs Bandana vs ???

Yol Bolsun
02-28-2012, 04:54 PM
What do folks use?

doo rag
bandana
welders cap
other

NancysToy
02-28-2012, 06:11 PM
None of the above! The problem with most of these is that they are too bulky, and can only be worn if the helmet does not fit snugly and properly. That is not safe! I will say that if you do wear one, the helmet should be fitted with the head cover in place...and then never worn without it! Another worry I have is the knots in some of these. In a crash they could put extreme pressure in a very vulnerable area. No thanks! If anything, I recommend a silk or poly balaclava. When I wear one for the cold, I wear a helmet that was fitted with the head cover...and I wear that helmet only with the head cover, and a helmet that is too snug for the balaclava when I ride without. JMHO

Lamonster
02-28-2012, 06:23 PM
:doorag:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30156&d=1313056832
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30144&d=1313056767

arntufun
02-28-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm confussed, is this vote for what we wear under the helmet or when we take it off ??? :dontknow:

Yol Bolsun
02-28-2012, 06:32 PM
Good point Randy. I was thinking what is worn inside the helmet. I always have a cap of some sort to change into when not riding.

Lamonster
02-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Good point Randy. I was thinking what is worn inside the helmet. I always have a cap of some sort to change into when not riding.

Nothing under my helmet, bandana for sunburn protection. :doorag:

arntufun
02-28-2012, 06:42 PM
ok, I wear nothing under my helmet in spring, summer, fall. Below 50 or in the winter, I wear a thin Baclava.
:thumbup:

wyliec
02-28-2012, 06:43 PM

I've met some people like that.:yikes:

DynamoBT
02-28-2012, 06:47 PM
I wear a Buff under my helmet. Helps with helmet hair, plus it covers the front of my neck which I like because I'm so scared of bees.

arntufun
02-28-2012, 06:53 PM
I've met some people like that.:yikes:

Thats the Ron I miss !!!
:roflblack:
:roflblack:

ARtraveler
02-28-2012, 08:51 PM
For colder weather riding, I wear a belaclava under the helmet.

When helmet is off--a baseball style cap.

We have so much sun during riding season--you have to be careful about exposure to the sun. The big C word scares me a lot.

Yazz
02-28-2012, 09:14 PM

:agree: Nothing like getting your forehead burned. :shocked:

Wear a skid-lid going through states that are helmet mandatory.... :shemademe_smilie:

Bob Denman
02-29-2012, 08:24 AM
Keeps my bald 'noggin from reflecting too much glare back into space and disrupting communication satellites!:roflblack:

arntufun
02-29-2012, 08:32 AM
Keeps my bald 'noggin from reflecting too much glare back into space and disrupting communication satellites!:roflblack:

Bob that picture is photo shopped. :lecturef_smilie: This is the real one !!! :roflblack:

Bob Denman
02-29-2012, 08:40 AM
You are REALLY trying to get me killed! :shocked:
But if the Missus pulls the trigger, I'll leave the title signed and ready for Holly! :roflblack:

That pic is PROOF that chicks dig doo-rags! :thumbup: Regardless of what :cus:hole they're covering up! :opps:

ridesilver2009
02-29-2012, 08:53 AM
:agree:with post #2, None of the above. I wear a Roadgear Helmet Liner as I always wear a Full Face helmet. (Have used these liners for over 11 years, but not the same one.;)) The liner increases the life of the helmet lining and provides comfort in cold ot hot weather. Just wash the Roadgear Helmet Liner and not the liner in the helmet. Roadgear Helmet liners are meshed lined. When choosing any helmet liner, be aware of the seam stitching. They can create severe discomfort, if not a proper flat stitch on the seams. reference www.roadgear.com (http://www.roadgear.com)

wyliec
02-29-2012, 09:50 AM
:agree:with post #2, None of the above. I wear a Roadgear Helmet Liner as I always wear a Full Face helmet. (Have used these liners for over 11 years, but not the same one.;)) The liner increases the life of the helmet lining and provides comfort in cold ot hot weather.

:thumbup:I agree; but, I'm not familiar with your liner. I use an Under Armour mesh skull cap. I think I'll click on the link you've provided for an alternate source.

Pennyrick
02-29-2012, 10:10 AM
Hair.

Rayelljay
02-29-2012, 10:54 AM
I'm 68 and as a not quite ex-musician I still have a full head of long blonde hair.......only problem I have is brushing out the tangles when I take my helmet off.
What I did, though, was take a piece of the new three layer film insulation contractors put in my attic and cut and fit it into my helmet shell.
No problems so far.

Bob Denman
02-29-2012, 11:12 AM
Hair.

Some people have all the luck! :shocked: :gaah: :roflblack:

Campverdefela
02-29-2012, 04:45 PM
ok, I wear nothing under my helmet in spring, summer, fall. Below 50 or in the winter, I wear a thin Baclava.
:thumbup:+1