PDA

View Full Version : baby shampoo

NVERLAST1
02-24-2012, 09:17 AM
has anybody ever tried washing there spyder with this? I have new paint job and dont want to mess it up?

chickridin
02-24-2012, 09:41 AM
has anybody ever tried washing there spyder with this? I have new paint job and dont want to mess it up?

Why would you use baby shampoo??? :dontknow: Is your Spyder growing fur???:roflblack:

boborgera
02-24-2012, 09:45 AM

New paint , Why do you want to experiment?? Who painted it they could tell you what to use.

Bob Denman
02-24-2012, 10:01 AM
Why would you use baby shampoo??? :dontknow:
:agree: The only warnings that I've ever heard about new paint jobs, is to give them at least three months to get done hardening up before waxxing them... Body soaps actually might not be good for washing a :spyder: because they're formulated to remove different types of stuff that you don't want on your body... Salts, oils, funk... :shocked:

I'd call a body shop and see what they tell you about washing a fresh paint job before loading up on Johnson & Johnson kiddo soap...
Good luck and let us know what you find out! :thumbup:

Squadcarman
02-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Call your Local Zep dealer. They specialize in cleaning chemicals, especially car wash and and commercial car wash detailing products. They can recommend a good product.

Bob Denman
02-24-2012, 10:20 AM
I believe that I've seen their products at a shop by us that details vehicles. If a detailer can use it; it had better be pretty darn good stuff! :thumbup:

NorthStar
02-24-2012, 10:21 AM
I would wait at least 10-15 days, and when you do wash it, using a mild car wash solution, give it a generous rinse with cold water to remove any loose dirt. Paint, on average, should completely harden up in about 30 days, but for now kind of take it easy on it and stay away from applying any sort of abrasive waxes during this time. (This was the directions given to me when I had a tank paint job on a previous bike a few years back)

The professional who painted the panels should be able to give you the best directions on washing and waxing this new paint job that they applied.

NVERLAST1
02-24-2012, 10:38 AM
a mild soap like what?

NancysToy
02-24-2012, 10:46 AM
I would wait at least 10-15 days, and when you do wash it, using a mild car wash solution, give it a generous rinse with cold water to remove any loose dirt. Paint, on average, should completely harden up in about 30 days, but for now kind of take it easy on it and stay away from applying any sort of abrasive waxes during this time. (This was the directions given to me when I had a tank paint job on a previous bike a few years back)

The professional who painted the panels should be able to give you the best directions on washing and waxing this new paint job that they applied.

:agree: Use car wash soap...and watch the concentration carefully, don't use too much. You can buy it at any auto supply store, Walmart, etc. I also agree that you should ask your painter what he recommends.

Lamonster
02-24-2012, 10:49 AM
I would only use a wash made for cars, anything else will be too harsh.
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/new-cars/news/2005/dos-and-donts-of-washing-your-car-1205/overview/index.htm

ntxYguy2009
02-24-2012, 10:50 AM
:agree: Since it was not mentioned...make sure you hand wash with a soft cloth/sponge (microfiber).

David
McKinney, TX

SteveMac
02-24-2012, 10:59 AM
I use Turtle Wax Ice Car Wash, plenty of water and a nice clean microfiber mitt, dunked in the warm water bucket many times! Works on every vehicle I own. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
02-24-2012, 11:17 AM
I use Turtle Wax Ice Car Wash, plenty of water and a nice clean microfiber mitt, dunked in the warm water bucket...
:agree: Turtle Wax Ice...NICE! :2thumbs:

Crisis
02-24-2012, 06:09 PM
Use Baby Shampoo to wash your helmet liner, if you sweat the residual shampoo left on the liner will not burn your eyes, it works.

ronrico
02-24-2012, 06:26 PM
After washing my spyder I like to get my weed blower out and give a once over to make sure I get all the small little areas dry.

FrankPa
02-24-2012, 07:45 PM
After washing my spyder I like to get my weed blower out and give a once over to make sure I get all the small little areas dry.

And here I thought I had an original idea... :banghead: