PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a family gathering recommendation in the southest...

staysafeonline
02-22-2012, 02:38 PM
I have been put in charge of coordinating a family gathering this summer (2 grand parents, a mom and dad with a 4 year old, a single mom with a 6,4 and 2 year old) and myself (single guy and proud uncle). We are not 'exactly' an outdoor family so things like camping/hiking trips probably aren't up our alley. The beach is out (we have done the past few years) and we will be traveling from NC, SC and Florida.

Anyone have any recommendations of places to go and/or things to do? Thinking we will be doing something the near the end of June and/or the beginning of July.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations you can offer!!

bjt
02-22-2012, 04:21 PM
My relatives did a family gathering (8 -10 people) in Tenessee on a houseboat. They said everyone really liked it. It was something like this....

http://www.waterwayadventures.com/locations.html

My wife and I thought about doing one of these trips but haven't gotten around to it yet.

acinpcola
02-22-2012, 04:57 PM
You may also want to check out Helen, Ga. I hear it is a very nice place, I have this on my list of places to visit.

AC

arntufun
02-22-2012, 05:09 PM
I have been put in charge of coordinating a family gathering this summer (2 grand parents, a mom and dad with a 4 year old, a single mom with a 6,4 and 2 year old) and myself (single guy and proud uncle). We are not 'exactly' an outdoor family so things like camping/hiking trips probably aren't up our alley. The beach is out (we have done the past few years) and we will be traveling from NC, SC and Florida.

Anyone have any recommendations of places to go and/or things to do? Thinking we will be doing something the near the end of June and/or the beginning of July.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations you can offer!!

How are you going to get from SC to Florida without going through any other states ??? :roflblack:

Sorry, I can't help you with recommendations because I'm an outdoors person myself. Good luck with your family gathering. :thumbup:

johnnyg
02-22-2012, 05:54 PM
You've got Silver Springs in Ocala, they have picknick tables for lunch,Glass bottom boats rides and a nice park plus lots of things for kids to see and do,water park. Kids of all ages seem to enjoy it. Bush Garden in Tampa is great for family outing to a little more costly but nice if you haven't been there before. It just depends on what you want to see and do and SPEND$$$. Also there is a very nice Aquarium in Tampa. Here is a few ideas not sure what your likes and dislike are.

Daisyjoe
02-23-2012, 12:20 AM
I also recommend Helen, Ga. I have been several times. The area is beautiful.