PDA

View Full Version : RT Engine Dying

Slick
02-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Sometime back, I saw some articles about the engine dying at idle but didn't read it as I hadn't had that problem. WELLLL, yesterday it did it twice after it was warmed up. The first time was after we had lunch. I put my jacket on, started my RT and was puting my helmet on when it died. It had only run approx. one to two minutes Max. It started right up again and we left. The next time, we were stopped for road construction and had just pulled up and waited approx. one minute when we were signaled to go. As the cars in front of me started moving, it died again and I could not get it out of 1st geer (SE-5). It won't start it geer so had to push it off to the side of the road. After turning the key off and waiting five or ten minutes, it started. I had to stop at red lights two more times on the way home but kicked into Neutral each time while waiting for the green and it did not die again. Anybody have that problem? This only happend when it was warmed up and not in a hot mode. The fan never came on and the guage was in the middle where it normally runs.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Slick

spyryder
02-22-2012, 02:25 PM
It should start in gear if you step on the brake pedal.

boborgera
02-22-2012, 03:21 PM
There's been a lot of throttle body's sticking and causing similar problems, BRP replaced quite a few lately.
There's some threads on that subject.

NancysToy
02-22-2012, 06:08 PM
See your dealer! nojoke

Slick
02-22-2012, 07:52 PM
It should start in gear if you step on the brake pedal.

I tried that first and it didn't work. Guess it's to the dealer next. Thanks for the hint !------Slick

Slick
02-22-2012, 07:53 PM
There's been a lot of throttle body's sticking and causing similar problems, BRP replaced quite a few lately.
There's some threads on that subject.
Thanks ! I'll check that out !!!-------Slick