PDA

View Full Version : new member

dbxray
02-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Hi
I'm Buyinga 2012 RTS in March:yes:, and wondering what are thing you would recommend to have add to it?

lyonsden
02-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Welcome to SpyderLovers.com. It has been a great place to meet and share information. You'll Love It!
My favorite mod I added is probably the GPS. Now I can just drive and not worry about where I'm going. (Which I don't most of the time anyway):roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
02-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Welcome aboard!! :2thumbs:
Adding "farkles" to a bike is such a personal issue that I'd be reluctant to suggest anyting other than to check out the websites of our site sponsors... :thumbup:
More than half of the fun is in the shopping anyway! :roflblack:

Arr MiHardies
02-22-2012, 12:09 PM
Agreed. There are lots to choose from. Lights in all shapes and colors for mounting in any place, highway pegs, seat back, possum pushers, and other custom mods. I'd reccomend checking out the site sponsors and looking through the my mods forum for ideas.

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-22-2012, 12:18 PM
WELCOME ABOARD,NOW THE FUN BEGINS.....DEFINATELY ADD..GAS....:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::rofl black:...................MIKE...:thumbup:.....EVER YTHING ELSE IS OPTIONAL

ARtraveler
02-22-2012, 12:25 PM
:welcome: You will like the RTS. This model comes pretty complete. I recommend driving it a thousand miles or so in order to find out what you like or don't like. Then, let the farkleing begin.

On mine, I have added the trunk tail light, a different seat, some floorboards, and some glo ryder lights. That is all I have added in 20K plus miles--and I am pretty happy with it.

My first Spyder, a 2008 GS, had over $6K worth of accessories. It still did not turn it into a RTS though.

Keep us posted.

NorthStar
02-22-2012, 12:43 PM
:welcome:

Congratulations on your new purchase. I would suggest that you ride the RT for a bit and determine for yourself what, if any, modifications you want to make to the vehicle. I suspect that the majority of owners here don't add too much more to their RT's because the trike comes pretty well equipped right out of the crate.

I do admit to having performed a number of minor modifications to my Spyder RTs since purchase in early 2010. Were any of these mods absolutely necessary.... not really..... but I enjoy accessorizing my RT to fit my personal tastes. It does come at a price however, and you will be surprised how quickly you will find farkles that you really "need". Good luck curbing what will become your new addiction.

Mr. White
02-22-2012, 02:46 PM
Trunk brake light, foot pegs, CB, GPS and XM radio.

:spyder2:

bullant12
02-22-2012, 02:49 PM
Hi
I'm Buyinga 2012 RTS in March:yes:, and wondering what are thing you would recommend to have add to it?

EVERYTHING THE IMAGINATION CAN GIVE YOU!!! :yes::yes:The possiblities are endless...:welcome:

Bob Denman
02-22-2012, 03:00 PM
EVERYTHING THE IMAGINATION CAN GIVE YOU!!! :yes::yes:The possiblities are endless...:welcome:

He's right you know!
:roflblack: :2thumbs:

DRTSB
02-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Welcome, I to am going to pickup my Spyder in the spring, I made my decision partly from comments when I asked for advise from this very friendly forum.

Air Conditioning, other wise ride it for awhile!

Dave

:chat:

sealfloorboards
02-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Welcome to SpyderLovers.com. It has been a great place to meet and share information. You'll Love It!
My favorite mod I added is probably the GPS. Now I can just drive and not worry about where I'm going. (Which I don't most of the time anyway):roflblack::roflblack:

I'm far less concerned as to where I'm going than I am in Riding in comfort....but I may be just a bit biased.:dontknow::roflblack:

John
Seal FloorBoards

daveinva
02-22-2012, 03:40 PM
:congrats: :welcome:

I vote that you become VERY familiar with the nice folks at ESI Cycle Products-- their upgraded lighting was my first set of purchases I made, they really help improve safe riding.

After that, have fun!

coz
02-22-2012, 07:03 PM
welcome to the site . :thumbup: did i recruit you? i can't remember!:roflblack: you shouldn't need to add much to an rt except for a second job:roflblack:. seriously though, lighting should be at the top of the list. be visible. maybe a good horn too. be heard. i'm thinking of using a set of caddy horns.:yes: gotta be different:yikes:

dbxray
02-22-2012, 07:16 PM
welcome to the site . :thumbup: did i recruit you? i can't remember!:roflblack: you shouldn't need to add much to an rt except for a second job:roflblack:. seriously though, lighting should be at the top of the list. be visible. maybe a good horn too. be heard. i'm thinking of using a set of caddy horns.:yes: gotta be different:yikes:

yes if you are Cozmos at the other site. thank alot more info here

Grandpa Spyder
02-22-2012, 07:23 PM
The RTS is a great machine and is very hi tech, I suggest you buy the extended warranty. I have a 2012 RTS and is not a month old yet. Only have 300 miles on it. The only thing I don't like about it is that it takes too long to start. It has to go through a procedure before you can start it and that takes about 10 seconds which in my humble opinion is for ever it seems like. Welcome to the forum you will learn a lot here and everyone is really helpful.

coz
02-22-2012, 09:18 PM
that other site requires six letters in a screen name, so coz became cozmos:thumbup:

smurfette
02-22-2012, 09:54 PM
Welcome!!!! The only things you need to add to your new Spyder are a tank of gas, and your tush on the seat!!!

SpyderAnn01
02-22-2012, 10:03 PM
Welcome!!!! The only things you need to add to your new Spyder are a tank of gas, and your tush on the seat!!!

:agree: and :welcome:

Mr. White
02-22-2012, 10:20 PM
The RTS is a great machine and is very hi tech, I suggest you buy the extended warranty. I have a 2012 RTS and is not a month old yet. Only have 300 miles on it. The only thing I don't like about it is that it takes too long to start. It has to go through a procedure before you can start it and that takes about 10 seconds which in my humble opinion is for ever it seems like. Welcome to the forum you will learn a lot here and everyone is really helpful.

Grandpa, I know you know this, but I had the same problem. I thought about it and now when I walk up to BR1, I put the key in, turn it on, put my helmet and jacket on, climb on and it is ready to start. Try it, you will like it.

Major spyder
02-22-2012, 10:51 PM
moving south of you this year....... hope to have my spyder by then....... lets share the road

minerdoug
02-22-2012, 11:12 PM
Welcome aboard! I have dressed my 2011RT Limited with things that I feel makes the machine more fun to ride. Still have a few things to add - You know-time and money;) restrictions

GloryRyders
02-23-2012, 07:43 AM
:welcome:..............mods are a personnal thing, whatever your imagination comes up with and your pocketbook can afford!:roflblack:

bullant12
02-23-2012, 08:07 AM

I see it this way... whoever wants to "borrow" my Spyder is not going anywhere for a while!nojoke

Grandpa, I know you know this, but I had the same problem. I thought about it and now when I walk up to BR1, I put the key in, turn it on, put my helmet and jacket on, climb on and it is ready to start. Try it, you will like it.

:agree:

Bob Denman
02-23-2012, 08:25 AM
I'm far less concerned as to where I'm going than I am in Riding in comfort....

:agree: Most of the time I only find myself on the "planned" routes when I cross it; getting more and more lost with each passing mile and smile... :roflblack: :thumbup:

8LEGS
02-23-2012, 08:40 AM
:welcome:

todthebod
02-23-2012, 01:12 PM
Just start researching and it will come to you. After a few times out on the bike, you will realize what you want first and so on. Good luck and have fun. :congrats:

Oldmanzues
02-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Two good things to do. First ride a while before you decide what to do. Second, Come to Cuba and check out the mods there, probably only a million or so.
Welcome and ride Safe
Oldmanzues

Hawk Eye
02-24-2012, 05:48 PM
:congrats: & :welcome: You will love your new ride.

hhawk Eye :yes: :yes:

CyncySpyder
02-24-2012, 07:52 PM
:congrats: & :welcome::welcome:
You have alot of good info listed here. Teddy & I are now on our second RT-S & love it. Adding the Utopia back rest & highway pegs were a major comfort upgrade for those long trips. Adding the GPS was a major funtional upgrade. Adding the HMT brake light & Glo-Ryder wheel hubs were a great safety upgrade as we are now much more visible while nite-ryding. Would love to add the mud-flap lights but not on the budget yet.

Guess it all depends on what your going to be using your Spyder for, so I'd suggest ryding for a few weeks & that will let you know what YOU will need/want going forward.

In case its not been said, you are aware that the cost of the Spyder is just considered the down payment for all the mods your going to be making, right? :dontknow::roflblack::roflblack:

1VENOM
02-24-2012, 10:00 PM
Welcome :clap::clap: