PDA

View Full Version : Aux input on the Am FM radio

gbouten
02-22-2012, 10:25 AM
I having the dealer install the AM FM radio in my 2011 RT. It is only the basic radio no passenger speakers. I was under the impression that after the install I would have an AUX input for my mp3 player or maybe my Sat radion, but the service manager tells me there is non of this in the kit. Can someone tell me what I will have to do to make this work when I get it back?

bluestratos
02-22-2012, 10:55 AM
My RT came with the radio and has a input line that leads to the trunk and allows me to hook up anything with a 1/8" connector, did your radio kit come with this (or do you already have one installed?). It also came with a plug to use an Ipod so I have my Ipod Touch connected up to it. I listen to my recordings this way.

Without Cracking the radio I am not aware of any way other than to buy an "FM transmitter". It is a device that connects to you MP3 or the likes thats takes the output signal and transmits to a unused FM station.

If any one else has an answer, I would be interested.

Good luck

NancysToy
02-22-2012, 11:05 AM
The system should have a socket at the right side of the rear cargo compartment where an iPod or MP3 palyer can be plugged in if you have the correct adapter cable. Not sure if both adapter cables come with the kit, but the iPod cable and the socket should.

gbouten
02-22-2012, 11:22 AM
The system should have a socket at the right side of the rear cargo compartment where an iPod or MP3 palyer can be plugged in if you have the correct adapter cable. Not sure if both adapter cables come with the kit, but the iPod cable and the socket should.

Thanks, the RT didn't come with a radio so I ordered the factory radio, like I said without the rear speaker system. When I as talking to the service manager asking him to check an see if it came with the plug that mounts in the trunk. He said he didn't see anything like that. Maybe that is something extra (like everything else( I have to order) This dealer ship is the pits most on this list know more about that bike than they do. I have an appointment on Friday (an hour drive from my house) for the install.

NancysToy
02-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Thanks, the RT didn't come with a radio so I ordered the factory radio, like I said without the rear speaker system. When I as talking to the service manager asking him to check an see if it came with the plug that mounts in the trunk. He said he didn't see anything like that. Maybe that is something extra (like everything else( I have to order) This dealer ship is the pits most on this list know more about that bike than they do. I have an appointment on Friday (an hour drive from my house) for the install.
The accessories catalog shows the cover for socket in the trunk. Can't tell what the wiring has, since they show it bundled up. I'd have to see the instructions to say for sure, but this is supposed to be the same system that is standard on the A&C model, and that has the socket (and cover). I think your tech has to look again, or contact BRP. I'll bet yours is laying on a workbench somewhere. You should have been given the instruction sheet that came with your kit. That will tell what is there, and give the instructions for installing it. I think your tech screwed up.

Bob Denman
02-23-2012, 08:39 AM
I'll bet yours is laying on a workbench somewhere. You should have been given the instruction sheet that came with your kit. That will tell what is there, and give the instructions for installing it. I think your tech screwed up.

:agree: Get ahold of the tech and don't let go
until a diligent search is made... :gaah:

Lamonster
02-23-2012, 09:01 AM
I'm not seeing it here:dontknow:
http://store.spyder.brp.com/product/506332/219400393/_/AMFM_Integrated_Audio_System
http://mediacdn.shopatron.com/media/mfg/4630/product_image/thm/t335_eb31d25fadbe7c0927284ce00ab362ef.jpg?13300011 13

MarkLawson
02-23-2012, 09:24 AM
The radio is not installed as of yet, so there's no screw up by the tech. He said he has an appointment Friday. He knows now to look for it.

NancysToy
02-23-2012, 10:50 AM
I'm not seeing it here:dontknow:
http://store.spyder.brp.com/product/506332/219400393/_/AMFM_Integrated_Audio_System
http://mediacdn.shopatron.com/media/mfg/4630/product_image/thm/t335_eb31d25fadbe7c0927284ce00ab362ef.jpg?13300011 13
Thanks Lamont. Bigger picture than what I had available. What looked like the socket cover is apparently the antenna boot. Looks like the following parts are necessary, if they are not included in the audio kit:

710002004 - Auxiliary Audio Harness
705003464 - Cap
710002078 - Weathercap (Not Available)

Look for them in the instructions to see if they are included.

gbouten
02-23-2012, 12:10 PM
Thanks all. The kit does come with the connection that goes in the trunk. The adaptor cables for the Ipod or 1/4 plug are seperate items. I did end up purchasing the Scala G4 intercome with will make most of what is being put on the bike pretty much mute.

Dar
02-23-2012, 11:06 PM
I'll second that. I just installed my factory radio and it did come with that cable and cover. Like you said will need another cable to make 1/4" hook up. On a side note also had a bag full of extra screws. I guess these were to be used to replace all screws that were removed.