PDA

View Full Version : Women who RIde Motorcycles "Campout"

syclemom
02-21-2012, 09:10 PM
Howdy! You are invited to the first Camp Out for Women who Ride Motorcycles.
When: May 4, 5, & 6
Where: Sandy Creek Park, Steinhegan Lake (outside Jasper, Texas)
Who: Cindy Landry – tommylandry1@yahoo.com (tommylandry1@yahoo.com)
Why: Opportunity for all us gals who enjoy riding a motorcycle to come together for a weekend of getting acquainted, riding, eating, and having some fun. Remember Women ONLY.
Reservations can be made online for camp sites at: www.recreation.gov (http://www.recreation.gov/) In the search box, type in Sandy Creek Steinhegan Lake and it will bring up the sitemap. Our main gathering camp site is #50. Book your site early as the camping season is getting underway now. If this camp ground is full there are 3 other campgrounds very close. You can also call at:1-877-444-6777. Check-in time is 2:00pm and check-out is at 1:30pm. Once you have made reservations it would be nice if you could let me know through my e-mail your camp site # you will be at. At least let me know a head count of everyone that may be able to come.
For those who can arrive on Friday, we will have a couple of husbands who have volunteered to stay for a while and help anyone who might need assistance in setting up their campsite. If you can’t make it till Saturday morning I’m sure some of us ladies can pitch in and help you get setup.
Friday meals, youwill be on your own. We will meet atcamp site #50 for meet and greet.
Saturday, bring your favorite breakfast combo and we will have a shared meal. We have a couple of Coleman stoves, hot plates, grills, electric skillets as well as a couple of trailers with full kitchen facilities. After breakfast around 11:00, we will ride to some of the other lake areas and have lunch somewhere together. I will let everyone know the spot where we will have lunch at a later date.
Saturday evening,we will cook out and ask that you bring your favorite meat for grilling as well as a side dish to share. If you do no thave space to bring side dishes, just let us know and we will make arrangements.
Sunday, we will again have a shared breakfast before we begin packing up our campsites.
Please bring your lawn chair, drinks, water, beverages, snacks, bug spray and whatever you like for camping enjoyment. There will be fireside visiting in the evenings.
Join us for aweekend for women and motorcycles. This will be a time to meet new friends, share stories, ride and just relax. Invite other women who ride to join you for the weekend.
If anyone has any questions message me through e-mail your phone # and I will call you back asap.
Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks: Cindy Landry

ThreeFeet
02-21-2012, 11:58 PM
Don't know if I could make it BUT sure sounds like all kinds of fun!!:ohyea:! Have tent will travel. BUT also have animals that need "babysitters" small tho they may be they need food put out for them. Will be at spyderfest for a week then to leave and head out to Tx immedietly is probably not gona go over well with the sitters. Darn anyway. will check with them anyway. never know they might put up with the extra time. Will give it a try. kinda far in the future but will work on it. :pray:

syclemom
03-20-2012, 04:57 PM
Here is the updated attatched doc. on the Women riders campout.

syclemom
05-03-2012, 11:56 AM
May the 5th will be the day ride for those that cant make the whole weekend . We will be going to eat at the Stump at Sam rayburn then on a ride through the country. then back to camp for fellowship, games (if you wish to play), and good food. Please let me know if you can make it. contact # 409.679.4310