PDA

View Full Version : Yoshimura R77

Spy+
02-20-2012, 02:03 AM
hi all, want to get your input on the Yoshimura R77 for a 09GS..thanks in advance..

Raptor
02-20-2012, 04:15 PM
That is the one I am looking at too! I have not comittied to anyhting yet but I like the looks of this one.

aka1004
02-20-2012, 06:24 PM
I've seen it at the dealer in person and it looks awesome!
Compare to two bros carbon fiber, yoshi looks so much better and oozes quality more than any mufflers i've had before, hindle, two bros, Leo.

If I keep spyder, that is the muffler I am getting to replace my beat up two bros. Just a bit pricey, $500 plus even on eBay.

It supposed to be not so loud, especially with baffle in. I've done the loud, now I want something a bit quieter so I don't have turn the volume up so high. It seems like I am in the worst position when I am ryding to listen to my own stereo system.

Raptor
02-20-2012, 06:34 PM
Hey AKA! Very good to see you are on the road again. I like this R77 very much. Les than the Hindle and probably twice the quiality! Just gotta save those pennies!!

aka1004
02-20-2012, 06:58 PM
Hey AKA! Very good to see you are on the road again. I like this R77 very much. Les than the Hindle and probably twice the quiality! Just gotta save those pennies!!

Been too long... After getting my spyder back after a year, I put like 3000 miles on it and I didn't leave the city except the ride from Dallas to Phoenix. Had spyder shipped to Dallas but the job didn't workout there so I rode it back.
I went to dealer to trade in for a 12 but the 12 ninja zx14 in green was calling my name...
I left the dealer to think and I am still torn between zx14, spyder and Ducati but also to ride current spyder till i see 2013 spyder. My extended warranty is good till november.

Chazzman
02-20-2012, 08:12 PM
Been too long... After getting my spyder back after a year, I put like 3000 miles on it and I didn't leave the city except the ride from Dallas to Phoenix. Had spyder shipped to Dallas but the job didn't workout there so I rode it back.
I went to dealer to trade in for a 12 but the 12 ninja zx14 in green was calling my name...
I left the dealer to think and I am still torn between zx14, spyder and Ducati but also to ride current spyder till i see 2013 spyder. My extended warranty is good till november.

Man the ZX14 and the Spyder, now that's two different worlds. I went to the Spyder to give up the speed and peg dragging, while I was still able. The new 14 is totally awesome... 190 HP at the rear wheel and ok for comfort. Have you rode the BMW S1000RR now that thing is awesome with ABS, Stability Control, traction control, Race mode, and slick mode if you are a very brave man. I love the ZX14, dislike the Busa, the Spyder keeps me under control and still gives me a riding sensation.

Why not keep the Spyder and buy the ZX14? That would be the ticket. I would buy one today to accompany the Roadster but I made a promise to my wife that I would get off two wheels.

IMO the Ducati can't compare to the 14 or the BMW.

aka1004
02-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Man the ZX14 and the Spyder, now that's two different worlds. I went to the Spyder to give up the speed and peg dragging, while I was still able. The new 14 is totally awesome... 190 HP at the rear wheel and ok for comfort. Have you rode the BMW S1000RR now that thing is awesome with ABS, Stability Control, traction control, Race mode, and slick mode if you are a very brave man. I love the ZX14, dislike the Busa, the Spyder keeps me under control and still gives me a riding sensation.

Why not keep the Spyder and buy the ZX14? That would be the ticket. I would buy one today to accompany the Roadster but I made a promise to my wife that I would get off two wheels.

IMO the Ducati can't compare to the 14 or the BMW.

I was drawn to zx14 for looks and it was the most comfortable crotchrocket I've ever sat on but it is big and heavy. That's where Ducati 1198 comes in. 412 pound, 170 hp, 1200cc engine!!!

I don't want fast. I want quick and nimble or a spyder, a carefree, lazyman's motorcycle that I've gotten used to over 43000 miles.

I think Ducati fits my bill better but it's not going be as comfortable as zx14. I've only sat on 848 but 1198 supposed to be more comfortable so I will soon find out.

I think a bike I want does not exisist.
A good looking Lightweight, high-performance (engine and suspension) bike I can ride long distance.
Than there is the spyder factor. Will I enjoy riding any two wheelers like I do with spyder? Just ryding around going nowhere?

Raptor
02-21-2012, 04:18 PM
I know a guy that just picked up a brand new 14R in Team green. The thing is just AWSOME, MAN! Right out of the box he is running low 10's. Pretty nimble for a bike that big as well. And he says it's one of the more comfortable bikes he has ever owned. He's gonna tour with it! He has an older 14 that he put a hair dryer on. He runs that one at the strip. That one is simply a monster! :yikes:

I love the notion of the Duc but I have never sat on one so I cannot speak to it's comfort. You'll have to keep us posted as to which way you decide to go. :thumbup:

Spy+
02-24-2012, 11:44 AM
thank you all lfor the feedback on the Yoshi.. I went for the Hindle, and have to admit that it sounds great!!! cant wai to ride tomorrow!

Raptor
02-24-2012, 12:37 PM
:2thumbs:
thank you all lfor the feedback on the Yoshi.. I went for the Hindle, and have to admit that it sounds great!!! cant wai to ride tomorrow!

Congrats. The Hindles are OK. They look good and sound very nice but they don't seem to last very long. the rivets that secure the guards get loose and rattle like crazy. And don't expect any help from BRP - they won't do anything for you.

BajaRon
02-24-2012, 01:37 PM
I've tried a few different exhausts and I like my Yoshimura RS-3 the best. I think all of the Yoshimura cans sound about the same. You're pretty much getting a different look with the different models.

I also like the TRS Tri-Oval. Looks pretty cool.

What I like about the Yoshimura exhausts is;
1- They aren't obnoxiously loud
2- They don't drone at cruise
3- They are realitively quiet at idle and cruise
4- They sound good, not raspy or harsh, good lower mellow tone
5- They get a lot louder (though still less than a Hindle, 2-Bros or HMF) and sound really mean when you get on the throttle
6- They come with an optional insert that reduces sound some if you like
7- They look GREAT and last a long time

Spy+
02-24-2012, 02:22 PM
I agree with you Raptor.. I will run the Hindle until it gives up and then move to the Yoshi for all the reason listed by BajaRon..

Raptor
02-24-2012, 05:54 PM
I agree with you Raptor.. I will run the Hindle until it gives up and then move to the Yoshi for all the reason listed by BajaRon..

Yessir, I think that is a good plan! I also think Ron pretty much nailed it. I know there are some other guys out there with different ideas; Seth has been through quite a few different systems now so he definitely has some knowledge on the subject. In fact I'm not even sure what he is running these days. Guess I've been gone a while...