PDA

View Full Version : NE TN info

Yol Bolsun
02-19-2012, 09:02 PM
SWMBO and I are trying to plan a long weekend in NE TN, 15-18 Mar. How far south of the Tri-City area does one need to look for lodging that ISN'T impacted by "race week". :pray:

zrc
02-20-2012, 07:19 AM
Let me check with a friend of mine up in that area and see what I can find out. Might take a day or too.

joe schmoe
02-20-2012, 08:27 AM
If you're trying to avoid a Bristol NASCAR race weekend...I have seen people staying as far south down to Greeneville....But the "MASSES" are typically within 1 or 2 exits from the race track...Shouldn't be to bad 20 miles away from the track...Other than the "local" traffic....Worst part is morning of the race an immediately following the race!! Then traffic is NUTS! :gaah:

If it's a night race the morning after is just as bad as just after the race!!! :gaah:

Yol Bolsun
02-20-2012, 11:35 AM
We were looking at a B&B in Jonesborough but his rates nearly doubled cuz "its race week" :gah:. And thanks, have a week or so to plan.

YPILOT
02-20-2012, 12:05 PM
We were looking at a B&B in Jonesborough but his rates nearly doubled cuz "its race week" :gah:. And thanks, have a week or so to plan.

The Bristol race is August 25. So the first week of Sept. is not race week in Jonesborough. There are plenty of hotels in Johnson City where I live. It is one hour ryde to Lamonts place from Johnson City.

YPILOT
02-20-2012, 12:10 PM
The Bristol race is August 25. So the first week of Sept. is not race week in Jonesborough. There are plenty of hotels in Johnson City where I live. It is one hour ryde to Lamonts place from Johnson City.

Sorry I didn't read the dates. I was thinking about the BBQ in Sept. back to the original question. Asheville, NC may be far away enough, lodging gets tight around race week in this area for sure.

Pennyrick
02-20-2012, 04:18 PM
http://www.lakeshore-resort.com/lodging.htm

Keith:

Penny and I stayed in this place last year on one of our trips. They have cabins that are reasonable and a private place to park bikes right on the lakeshore. It is just past Elizabethton on Highway 67.

Make sure you look over the cabin first as some of the bathrooms are pretty tiny.

They also have a good restaurant at the Marina called the Captain's Table.

Rick

Yol Bolsun
02-21-2012, 03:45 AM
http://www.lakeshore-resort.com/lodging.htm

Keith:

Penny and I stayed in this place last year on one of our trips. They have cabins that are reasonable and a private place to park bikes right on the lakeshore. It is just past Elizabethton on Highway 67.

Make sure you look over the cabin first as some of the bathrooms are pretty tiny.

They also have a good restaurant at the Marina called the Captain's Table.

Rick

Tks Rick, I may just give them a call. At the very least, will save for future.

viperred
02-27-2012, 07:49 PM
SWMBO and I are trying to plan a long weekend in NE TN, 15-18 Mar. How far south of the Tri-City area does one need to look for lodging that ISN'T impacted by "race week". :pray:

I live in the tri-cities, and they have motels in use all the way back to knoxville in most races, but things are slow ,so you may get as close as Peigon Forge. Hope thing work out for your trip.:spyder2::spyder2::spyder2::spyder2:

Yol Bolsun
02-27-2012, 09:02 PM
Actually, they have worked out. I called the B&B and told him we would take the room at the 'race week' rate but that we were just coming up to visit the area. Bottom line, since we are not going to the races and just looking over the area to retire to, the gentleman is only charging us his normal rate. How cool is that?