PDA

View Full Version : Time to start planning our trip to Spyderfest

joe schmoe
02-19-2012, 02:17 PM
As the title says...We have just over 60 day :yikes:....Before Spyderfest....Who all has confirmed that they are going?

Betty Boop and I have made and confirmed plans....

According to my calendar, we have marked off Tuesday April 24th for traveling to Spyderfest and heading home Sunday April 29th...

Who all wants to meet and travel together? We are leaving West Knoxville we can meet on the way or meet before hitting the road....either way!

GLHRN
02-19-2012, 02:29 PM
My husband and I are going up Sunday the 22nd because I am getting the Stage 2 Performance package at Cowtown on Monday. My husband needs to leave on Wednesday and I am staying up there and I would really like to hook up with some people for the ride back on Sunday the 29th. I live in Mt. Juliet (East Nashville area).

joe schmoe
02-19-2012, 03:05 PM
My husband and I are going up Sunday the 22nd because I am getting the Stage 2 Performance package at Cowtown on Monday. My husband needs to leave on Wednesday and I am staying up there and I would really like to hook up with some people for the ride back on Sunday the 29th. I live in Mt. Juliet (East Nashville area).

We'll try to meet up in Cuba....We are staying at the Chateau Inn...You won't miss Betty and I she'll be on a Red RT :roflblack:....

I'll be on my Victory Vision!!! :yes::yes::yes:

rogerb
02-19-2012, 03:54 PM
John and me are planning on leaving on Sunday from Cuba and heading to Wartburg, Tenn to visit family before going on to Pigeon Forge to spend a few days riding the area and the Dragon. We will be staying at the Chateau Inn also. Just look for the Mainiacs. I think we met at the Chateau Inn last year. I remember the Vision. :thumbup: ( I've owned two Victories)

Bootie
02-19-2012, 05:37 PM
As the title says...We have just over 60 day :yikes:....Before Spyderfest....Who all has confirmed that they are going?

According to my calendar, we have marked off Tuesday April 24th for traveling to Spyderfest and heading home Sunday April 29th...

Who all wants to meet and travel together? We are leaving West Knoxville we can meet on the way or meet before hitting the road....either way!I will be leaving Spyderfest on Sunday or Monday. I have reservations in Maggie Valley for May 3(Thursday) so I'll have to kill some time between the end of Spyderfest and May 3. If anyone is headed East and has something interesting to do, maybe we should hookup.:dontknow:

zrc
02-20-2012, 07:16 AM
Sonja, Moxi and I will be heading to Cuba, both of us have the time off and the trip planned. We are looking at heading that way on the 24th. We will be taking a route through some of the parks to avoid all interstate traffics.

joe schmoe
02-20-2012, 08:30 AM
Sonja, Moxi and I will be heading to Cuba, both of us have the time off and the trip planned. We are looking at heading that way on the 24th. We will be taking a route through some of the parks to avoid all interstate traffics.

Maybe we should hok up and ryde to Cuba??? We are about 45 miles from you...

We were thinking about doing the interstate there as the wife hasn't ever done a 600 mile trip on her Spyder, so figured it would get her there quicker and less tired...shoot me an PM with what route you all plan to take if it si about the same time we could convoy up to Cuba!! :yes:

EddieK
02-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Lynipoo and I will be riding out with you and Betty Boop on the 24th and returning on the 29th. Lets get together soon and go over route options.

Ed

bullant12
02-29-2012, 03:16 PM

:agree: Will be crossing the Mississipi River on Dryersburg and heading towards Jonesboro. Then we will hit the backroads all the way up to Cuba (provided that it doesn't rain like last year!!:pray:).

joe schmoe
02-29-2012, 05:28 PM
Lynipoo and I will be riding out with you and Betty Boop on the 24th and returning on the 29th. Lets get together soon and go over route options.

Ed

Sounds good...When and where...This weekend is out I have to move my Mom...How's next week look for you all???

EddieK
02-29-2012, 09:39 PM
Sounds good...When and where...This weekend is out I have to move my Mom...How's next week look for you all???

I'm off to FL on the 9th for the car show at Amelia Island and then on to Daytona weather permitting. The plan for now is to ride the Spyder and get back here on the 18th but if it looks like I will be battling the elements I will be four wheeling and pass on Daytona. I will reach out to you when I get back.

joe schmoe
02-29-2012, 09:42 PM
I'm off to FL on the 9th for the car show at Amelia Island and then on to Daytona weather permitting. The plan for now is to ride the Spyder and get back here on the 18th but if it looks like I will be battling the elements I will be four wheeling and pass on Daytona. I will reach out to you when I get back.

Just give us a shout when you get back in and we'll meet up!!

zrc
04-03-2012, 03:37 PM
My current plan for a route has me rolling out of the following

From Calhoun, TN through Chattanooga, TN (Interstate 75)
North to Nashville, TN and up To Clarksville, TN (Interstate 24)
Clarksville, TN to Murray, KY (TN-76/US-79)

At this point it changes roads often so I will mention towns if you would like to look at it on google maps
Murray, KY to Scats City, IL to Cape Girardeau, IL (Hop on I-55 a bit)
Then off and through Mark Twain National Forest to Cuba, MO

This route is subject to change, but it gets you a little bit of small town, twisty, superslab, highway usage.

Also accepting commentary for any of these locations as "bad plans" to roll through

joe schmoe
04-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Also accepting commentary for any of these locations as "bad plans" to roll through

Any of it that ends in IL...:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Maybe we could hook up with you in Nashville somewhere...We are planning the superslab from Knoxville (I-40) to somewhere up off of 24...EddieK has the route planned...Once off the I-24 it's back roads to Cuba...Who knows it might be the same route...

zrc
04-04-2012, 07:58 AM
That would rock, I'm happy to join other better planners, I just went to Google Maps and started yanking the little dots around.

:D

Lamonster
04-12-2012, 10:20 AM

Who all wants to meet and travel together? We are leaving West Knoxville we can meet on the way or meet before hitting the road....either way!

What time do you plan to leave on Tuesday?

joe schmoe
04-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Really haven't discussed a certain time. I'm guessing the earlier the better to at least give Betty Boop ( the wifey) time to rest in Cuba before all the fun starts Wednesday. Do you have a time you want to leave??

Lamonster
04-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Really haven't discussed a certain time. I'm guessing the earlier the better to at least give Betty Boop ( the wifey) time to rest in Cuba before all the fun starts Wednesday. Do you have a time you want to leave??

I would say by daylight if you want to get there at a decent time. I like to leave around 4am but folks say I ain't right :shocked:;):doorag:

Lamonster
04-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Looks like about 10.5 hours from my place.
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Mosheim,+TN&daddr=Cuba,+MO&hl=en&sll=38.062822,-91.403483&sspn=0.099339,0.17664&geocode=FWg1KAIdZicO-yk9SpvXhbBbiDH1MbYFznBDZQ%3BFebKRAIdJUuN-ikjoYS0e87bhzENIVh52ZHGwg&oq=mo&gl=us&mra=ls&t=m&z=7

joe schmoe
04-12-2012, 02:13 PM
I like your idea on 4 AM it will help beat the heat too. Let me check with the boss and Eddie K if that's good for them.

zrc
04-12-2012, 02:24 PM
I have had a commitment come up on Tuesday, and I wont be rolling that direction until late in the evening, and leaving out of Chattanooga. I will just have to see you all there, perhaps we can ride back together :)