PDA

View Full Version : The Start Of The NASCAR Season...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bob Denman
02-19-2012, 09:56 AM
Well he's not my favorite driver; but I don't think that anybody can drive a car while looking out the passenger side window better than Kyle Busch! No more tandem racing; the pack is BACK! :2thumbs::ohyea::ohyea:
Qualifying for the front row is today, and the rest of the field gets sorted out on Thursday... It's too bad that the season is soooo short! :shocked:

SteveMac
02-19-2012, 10:11 AM
What exactly is this "NASCAR" of which you speak?? ;)

Yol Bolsun
02-19-2012, 10:34 AM
What exactly is this "NASCAR" of which you speak?? ;)

:popcorn:

SpyderAnn01
02-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Bob, I hate to admit it but I'm beginning to like the kid. There is no denying that he can drive. I'm also excited for my first Nascar season in Pacific time. It will be nice to watch a race in the morning.

NancysToy
02-19-2012, 12:01 PM
The kid is a driving fool, that's for sure. To save the car all the times he did, and pass from behind to win with a bent up car, was remarkable. I won't root for him, but I sure respect him. Glad they banned driver-to-driver communications, and killed the two-car hookups. Now if everybody can get used to that and the revised aerodynamics, we can enjoy the racing. If not, I guess we will just have to enjoy the wrecks.

ARtraveler
02-19-2012, 03:36 PM
I watched the Budweiser challenge yesterday. I am not understanding the part where they are now driving bumper to bumper, two cars at a time. The announcer said the rear car was offering a "push". The other thing was all those accidents when the did a mini pit manouever on the left rear side. That move caused all the bad accidents. It now seems very easy to "take someone out" at will.

I am a novice when it comes to these technecalities--but curious anyway.

dannymax
02-19-2012, 10:11 PM
Bob, I hate to admit it but I'm beginning to like the kid. There is no denying that he can drive. I'm also excited for my first Nascar season in Pacific time. It will be nice to watch a race in the morning.

I'm a long time Big E fan, and Little E now but I found myself pulling for the 'shrub' at the finish line....the kid had an amazing race and actually seemed a little humble in winners circle....almost for certain he'll pull some bone-headed move shortly, like knocking Honaday out or something equally stupid and I'll be irritated with myself for thinking he might be becoming human.

But for now, at least, I got some huge respect for the kid, his Shootout was nothing short of incredible! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

dannymax
02-19-2012, 10:23 PM
I watched the Budweiser challenge yesterday. I am not understanding the part where they are now driving bumper to bumper, two cars at a time. The announcer said the rear car was offering a "push". The other thing was all those accidents when the did a mini pit manouever on the left rear side. That move caused all the bad accidents. It now seems very easy to "take someone out" at will.

I am a novice when it comes to these technecalities--but curious anyway.

With last years aero package the drivers discovered that two cars in a tight draft was the fastest way around the track....the rules have changed this year and they are returning to the larger pack stlye. Drivers are still trying to figure out if the 2-car thing will still work and where they should try it....they found out last night that in the corners is not the place to try it.

In order to be competitive a driver has to stay on the very razor edge of traction, so it's always been easy to take someone out, the slightest little touch in the left rear would do it....Earnhart Sr. perfected the move many years ago! 3 :bowdown:

Bob Denman
02-20-2012, 08:38 AM
...And now for the day after dront row qualifying...
Up over 193 mph!
Last year the pole was set at about 186 mph... :yikes:
The new aero package is going to give them some power and speed to pay with for sure... :thumbup:
And now on the thursday!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_3_104.gif
"The shrub"... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_72.gif:thumbup:

Bob Denman
02-20-2012, 12:11 PM
I am not understanding the part where they are now driving bumper to bumper, two cars at a time. The announcer said the rear car was offering a "push". The other thing was all those accidents when the did a mini pit manouever on the left rear side. That move caused all the bad accidents. It now seems very easy to "take someone out" at will.

Good questions! I hope that I can offer a reasonably accurate and understandable answer...
Back in the Good Old Days when it was all settled by horsepower and guts; you shoved your right foot as far forward as you could stand and hung on... But it got to a point on the larger tracks where the speeds were getting pretty dang scary. (over 212mph!) It all came to a head when Bobby Allison got launched up into the catch fences and tore down a whole bunch of it in a very spectacular incident. In order to reduce the speeds, they put "restrictor plates" between the carburetors and the manifolds to cut the horsepower from about 850 down to around 500... Now nobody had the power to get out in front and get away; if you tucked in behind somebody they found that 2 cars were faster than a single one, and a whole pack was faster than just two... For about 25 years they've been trying to come up with the proper balance between horsepower and aerodynamics so that the racing would be more than single-file freight trains...
This year they gave a little more power by enlarging the restrictor plates, and also made the rear spoilers shorter... (They stick up into the air flowing over the body to restrict speed and provide downforce.) Now they run much faster, but with less downforce on them, they can get a bit "unsettled" when things get dicey... :shocked:
The "Bump drafting" originated when the cars were running nose to tail all of the time. Rules this year affect how long they can stay in that sort of positioning by changes in the cooling sytems and rear bumpers; you'll now overheat if you stay behind somebody too long. A tap on the rear bumper to nudge somebody along has been done ever since two or more cars lined up. This year they have found that it you tap somebody on the left rear going into a turn, it's a recipe for all kinds of mayhem... :yikes: due to less stability at speed. You might have noticed the "Shark's fin" that runs down the C-pillar back to the spoiler on the left side... That's an attempt to provide more stability...

Jesse
02-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Good questions! I hope that I can offer a reasonably accurate and understandable answer...
Back in the Good Old Days when it was all settled by horsepower and guts; you shoved your right foot as far forward as you could stand and hung on... But it got to a point on the larger tracks where the speeds were getting pretty dang scary. (over 212mph!) It all came to a head when Bobby Allison got launched up into the catch fences and tore down a whole bunch of it in a very spectacular incident. In order to reduce the speeds, they put "restrictor plates" between the carburetors and the manifolds to cut the horsepower from about 850 down to around 500... Now nobody had the power to get out in front and get away; if you tucked in behind somebody they found that 2 cars were faster than a single one, and a whole pack was faster than just two... For about 25 years they've been trying to come up with the proper balance between horsepower and aerodynamics so that the racing would be more than single-file freight trains...
This year they gave a little more power by enlarging the restrictor plates, and also made the rear spoilers shorter... (They stick up into the air flowing over the body to restrict speed and provide downforce.) Now they run much faster, but with less downforce on them, they can get a bit "unsettled" when things get dicey... :shocked:
The "Bump drafting" originated when the cars were running nose to tail all of the time. Rules this year affect how long they can stay in that sort of positioning by changes in the cooling sytems and rear bumpers; you'll now overheat if you stay behind somebody too long. A tap on the rear bumper to nudge somebody along has been done ever since two or more cars lined up. This year they have found that it you tap somebody on the left rear going into a turn, it's a recipe for all kinds of mayhem... :yikes: due to less stability at speed. You might have noticed the "Shark's fin" that runs down the C-pillar back to the spoiler on the left side... That's an attempt to provide more stability...

Bob

You did a petty good job with your explanation of the evolution of restrictor-plate racing. This year they also took away driver-to-driver communication. Without the ability to see thru the car you are pushing, you need to communicate with them so you don’t push them into other cars. I think the drivers may have learned from the Bud Shootout that they will need to stay off each other in the corners, if not, there may not be enough cars to finish the Daytona 500.

On another NASCAR note I know there is a group of Spyder riders on here that do bike night at the Chatterbox restaurant in Augusta NJ. As you may or may not know, I am a Spyder rider and also run the StockCar Racing Experience (http://www.877stockcar.com) at Pocono Raceway. I currently have one of my cars on display at the Chatterbox, if anyone gets by that way stop and see it.

ARtraveler
02-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the great explanations to my novice type questions. I'm looking forawrd to watching more of the races--until the weather gets nice enough to go riding on Sundays.:2thumbs:

Bob Denman
02-20-2012, 02:50 PM
I'm looking forawrd to watching more of the races--until the weather gets nice enough to go riding on Sundays.:2thumbs:

We plan our weekends rides for Saturdays, and Sunday mornings... unless circumstances offer up an unusual set of options... :thumbup:

Jesse,
My son and I got to Pocono finally this past August...:2thumbs:

Jesse
02-20-2012, 03:04 PM
We plan our weekends rides for Saturdays, and Sunday mornings... unless circumstances offer up an unusual set of options... :thumbup:

Jesse,
My son and I got to Pocono finally this past August...:2thumbs:

Let me know next time you plan on being down this way.

dannymax
02-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Absolutely....all things of importance are scheduled around the RACE.....other stuff gets put off till Monday!! :popcorn:

SRE looks like an absolute blast!! Maybe.....just maybe...:dontknow:

arntufun
02-20-2012, 04:28 PM
We go camping at a Nascar RV resort during camping season. They play the races on a huge 25' screen and all the Redneck campers (us included) gather round and watch the race and have a few cocktails and pitch horseshoes. It's alot of fun. :yes: Heres Holly after one of the races, watch your step Hunny.:roflblack: :roflblack:

bruiser
02-20-2012, 07:35 PM
I had been an avid NASCAR fan for many years. While stationed @ Dover AFB, I worked at the track as a firefighter on race days. My Last race, I had orders, was as a pit fireman. The day I met Dale sr. I became a DIEHARD Earnhardt fan from that very moment. He was a really nice guy, always made time for the fans. Harry Gant and the King, Richard Petty were true Southern Gentleman, as were many other drivers. Sadly, I have lost interest in the sport. It has gotten away from what it was years ago. It's not fan friendly anymore. The cars are the same except for the engines. Too many rule changes between races. And the cost of attending a race is rediculous. And some of the drivers are not as fan friendly anymore. I don't care for switching broadcast channels halfway through the season. I do still watch on occasion, but not like I used to. Then, I don't much watch Indy cars much anymore either. Just my rant.

Tin Can
02-20-2012, 08:43 PM
:lecturef_smilie:Stay off that back left side...

Bob Denman
02-21-2012, 07:42 AM
:agree: :thumbup: :roflblack:

dannymax
02-21-2012, 09:14 AM
We go camping at a Nascar RV resort during camping season. They play the races on a huge 25' screen and all the Redneck campers (us included) gather round and watch the race and have a few cocktails and pitch horseshoes. It's alot of fun. :yes: Heres Holly after one of the races, watch your step Hunny.:roflblack: :roflblack:

That sounds like a good time....got the 'tailgating' parties, got the racing....dab a little race fuel behind your ears and the package is complete! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
02-21-2012, 09:28 AM
dab a little race fuel behind your ears and the package is complete! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

:shocked: We have GOT to be twin sons from different Mothers!
:thumbup:
:roflblack:

Bob Denman
02-21-2012, 02:31 PM

It's really not fair of you to put both Holly and "Fatal Attraction" in the same picture. I had to look at this picture three times to see the race car in the background!
:opps:

FANG
02-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Been a fan of Stock Car Racing since the late Sixties. Use to watch Bobby and Donnie Allison on Friday and Saturday nights at Pensacola and Mobile Short Tracks. Worked on a pit crew in 1970-1971. Was a blast. Met legends like Red Farmer, Buddy Baker, Neil Bonnet. Remember when Davey Allison was just a pain in the a** little kid not big enough to drive a car.
Look forward to the NASCAR season each year. Bud Shoot out was a good race - I just hate to see so many cars torn up. Would much rather see 43 start and 43 finish with lots of good close passing but with drivers keeping their cool.

NancysToy
02-21-2012, 05:26 PM
My old man used to say it best...

"Terrible waste of machinery!"

retread
02-21-2012, 05:47 PM
Dunno why, but I kinda lost interest in NASCAR when they stopped racing "stock cars". I do remember Lee driving the Kiekhafer Mercury 300B, and the only "Compact 500" when Hyperpac Valiants finish in the first 5 positions something like 2 laps ahead of everybody. Oh, yeah, and Fireball Roberts driving with his left arm out the window.

john

dannymax
02-22-2012, 09:04 AM
:shocked: We have GOT to be twin sons from different Mothers!
:thumbup:

We are Bob, we really are!! Not only that but we also attended different schools together!!

It's true! :shocked:

Bob Denman
02-22-2012, 09:17 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_72.gif :2thumbs:

Bob Denman
02-23-2012, 02:59 PM
Well the qualifying 150s are running...
Thse guys are turning some laps up near 201 mph!! :shocked:

dannymax
02-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Well the qualifying 150s are running...
Thse guys are turning some laps up near 201 mph!! :shocked:

Which is about the speed Danka was going when she hit the wall!! :yikes:

Gotta say, she's one tough little chick! Maybe a little dazed but shook it off and walked away....I was impressed! :bowdown:

Next up....TRUCKS, looking for that to be a great show, it usually is. :popcorn:

currin20fan
02-24-2012, 06:43 AM
Glad to see some NASCAR fans here........I have been a fan since I was a kid. You know, back in the day when all you had was a radio to hear the race. I was a Dale Jarrett fan for a very long time but when Tony Stewart (a.k.a. Poppin Fresh) hit the scene in 1999, he has been my driver. I don't care for the Busch brothers but I do admit "The Shrub" can man-handle a car. Case in point - The Bud Shootout. I was watching Tony actually before he hit the big time. Saw a couple of midget races he was in plus the IRL. He's changed over the years and I guess he's grown up but he can still drive a car. I'm off to Daytona today and can't wait to get there and enjoy all the stuff around the track.

arntufun
02-24-2012, 07:05 AM
Which is about the speed Danka was going when she hit the wall!! :yikes:

Gotta say, she's one tough little chick! Maybe a little dazed but shook it off and walked away....I was impressed! :bowdown:

Next up....TRUCKS, looking for that to be a great show, it usually is. :popcorn:

If she was a guy, she wouldn't be good enough for Nascar. She just puts the other drivers lives in danger. I would rather have the Busch brothers in the sport than this publicity stunt. Down with Danica.

dannymax
02-24-2012, 07:37 AM
If she was a guy, she wouldn't be good enough for Nascar. She just puts the other drivers lives in danger. I would rather have the Busch brothers in the sport than this publicity stunt. Down with Danica.

Publicity around Danica?.....Nah! :roflblack: Just a new driver coming in the sport like the others! Well, ok, that Go Daddy thing might be a little over the top but the kid can drive....you watch, she'll be up on the stage at the awards banquet before long! :2thumbs:

arntufun
02-24-2012, 07:58 AM
Publicity around Danica?.....Nah! :roflblack: Just a new driver coming in the sport like the others! Well, ok, that Go Daddy thing might be a little over the top but the kid can drive....you watch, she'll be up on the stage at the awards banquet before long! :2thumbs:

Even Kyle Petty is honest enough to tell it like it is. SHE CAN"T DRIVE !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYHc80ewyR8&feature=player_detailpage

Bob Denman
02-24-2012, 08:11 AM
As much as I hope she succeeds; she doesn't have the experience yet in these types of cars to be on the track with the other racers yet...

dannymax
02-24-2012, 08:55 AM
As much as I hope she succeeds; she doesn't have the experience yet in these types of cars to be on the track with the other racers yet...

True, she doesn't have much experience in stock cars but she's got access to great equipment and a top notch pro like Tony to giude her....she'll do just fine. Will she rocket to the front and start winning races? Not likely but I believe she will develop into a fine NASCAR competitor.

Even the 'Shrub' is starting to show some signs of becoming human....a sure indication that anything is possible!!

NancysToy
02-24-2012, 08:57 AM
If Montoya can do it, she can do it...

Bob Denman
02-24-2012, 09:23 AM
While I kind of agree with you; he was a proven winner, while I think she won just a single race...in Japan no less!
JPM has also had a bit of a rocky start in the NASCAR circuit, and I think that she'll have an even tougher time; I just hope not though...

arntufun
02-24-2012, 09:55 AM
The only thing she is really good at is wrecking cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-2sb06XGkGc#t=75s

Bob Denman
02-24-2012, 10:27 AM
I disagree! Any racer that's on the track will tell you that it's easier to be in the wrong place at the wrong time than it is to actually win a reace... She's a real good open-wheel racer; She might even turn out to be a pretty decent stock car racer too. Only time will tell...
Kyle Petty... Living proof that winning races skips generations!! :roflblack::roflblack: The King should have killed him and boiled his bones for soup when he was youg... :joke::joke::joke::joke::joke: (For you KP fans!)

NancysToy
02-24-2012, 10:33 AM
:roflblack: C'mon now, Bob. Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

Bob Denman
02-24-2012, 10:44 AM
:roflblack: C'mon now, Bob. Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

:roflblack: You're right; I could have been kinder to him... :shocked:

Let's just say that his accomplishments on the track pale in comparison to his Dad's... :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::firstplace:

dannymax
02-24-2012, 10:56 AM
The only thing she is really good at is wrecking cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-2sb06XGkGc#t=75s

Looks like spotter error to me....Danica was clearly the faster car.

arntufun
02-24-2012, 12:32 PM
I disagree! Any racer that's on the track will tell you that it's easier to be in the wrong place at the wrong time than it is to actually win a reace... She's a real good open-wheel racer; She might even turn out to be a pretty decent stock car racer too. Only time will tell...
Kyle Petty... Living proof that winning races skips generations!! :roflblack::roflblack: The King should have killed him and boiled his bones for soup when he was youg... :joke::joke::joke::joke::joke: (For you KP fans!)

She won one race in JAPAN !!!! You can hardly call her a good open wheel racer. She is even worse in Nascar. If she was a guy, she would have been booted from the sport along time ago. nojoke

Kyle Petty is a strong advocate for motorcycles. He also sponsors and attends many motorcycle rides. :doorag:

Bob Denman
02-24-2012, 01:23 PM
I know that Kyle rides... but that don't make him a racer any more than me ryding a Spyder would make me a good skier...
She's new in NASCAR; give her a chance to see what she can do! Do you remember when Jeff Gordon came into the sport? For the first couple of years he REALLY had trouble staying away from accidents. Four Championships later... :firstplace::bowdown:

arntufun
02-24-2012, 02:59 PM
If she was any good it would be different, but they give this girl (a 35th place driver at best) way to much air time and I'm sick of hearing more about her than the people that actually up front and winning the races. :barf:

What really bothers me about her is this.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5m23d8fEt-k

ARtraveler
02-24-2012, 03:14 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Bob Denman
02-24-2012, 03:38 PM
[QUOTE=arntufun;419932] and I'm sick of hearing more about her than the people that actually up front and winning the races. :barf:

Well I can certainly agree with you on that point at least... She's had more than enough rabid press coverage...http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_2_5.gif

dannymax
02-24-2012, 04:00 PM
NASCAR's a show! Yeah, they drive cars around in a circle and it kinda resembles racing but basically it's big time entertainment!

Danica's good for the show, her being there is gonna boost ratings and bring in more legal tender....she's a commodity, we'll be seeing a lot of her.

NancysToy
02-24-2012, 07:19 PM
NASCAR's a show! Yeah, they drive cars around in a circle and it kinda resembles racing but basically it's big time entertainment!

:agree: Racing turned into show biz back in the Sixties/Seventies. It hasn't been the same, since. The one that always gets me is the well-rehearsed thanks to the long list of sponsors at the race-end interview. I remember when the driver with the greasy face and goggle eyes just smiled and got a kiss from the race queen, as he held up his trophy.

coz
02-24-2012, 09:03 PM
remember when we were kids and richard petty used to tear it up on the track, and race cars were real cars. now it's just like every other sport, all about the money. i hate this world sometimes.:banghead:

Trickie Dick
02-24-2012, 10:18 PM
Just can't drive. Unless of course it's for the Pole position in the Nationwide race at Daytona:roflblack::roflblack:. I'm sure it's a conspiracy, right Artufun.:opps:

dannymax
02-24-2012, 10:33 PM
Eerily similar to Danica's crash yesterday but even more dramatic....and walked to the ambulance! That would have been really nasty without the steel and foam energy retention (or whatever the last word in the acronym is) wall!

The pole you say...............:ohyea:................:popcorn:

Bob Denman
02-25-2012, 08:29 AM
While ANY pole is noteworthy :thumbup:; it's probably easier to mash the loud pedal when you're out there all alone and not in a pack in of :cus: who act like they're all trying to kill you! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_5_11.gif

NancysToy
02-25-2012, 09:18 AM
Rubbin' is Racin'!

dannymax
02-25-2012, 10:23 AM
Rubbin' is Racin'!

......Harry!...."Rubbin's Racin' Harry"!! :roflblack:

arntufun
02-25-2012, 02:23 PM
I told you she can't drive !!! She single car wrecked on lap 49 !!!! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:: roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbl ack::roflblack::roflblack: She is already saying it wasn't her fault, like always.

What lap will she wreck tomorrow ???:roflblack:

ARtraveler
02-25-2012, 03:42 PM
My vibes say she will wreck on lap 53--now that she has made it all the way up to 49. :roflblack:

Sarge707
02-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Only reason I will watch part of it Sunday is to see Danica, You Go Girl!! Kick some Butt?:clap:

arntufun
02-25-2012, 06:20 PM
Danica Debut 2012
--------------------------------------------

150 duels 2-23-12 ------------ wrecked
Nationwide Race 2-25-12------ wrecked
Sprint Race 2-26-12 ----------- she will wreck on lap ??? :roflblack:

I hate to say I told ya so.............. but I told ya so !!!! :yes::yes::yes:

dannymax
02-25-2012, 08:09 PM
All the really good ones tear up a bunch of cars early in their careers....they're pushing the limits, seeing what they can & can't do, displaying fearless, agressive qualities.......essential in a winner!

All the greats did the same thing! Any ol' mediocre driver can pussyfoot around at the back of the pack....ya gotta take chances to win. :lecturef_smilie:

JJW SpyderRider
02-25-2012, 08:43 PM
I live just outside Roscoe, IL Danica's hometown. So we are all big fans around here. She has proven fearless brhind the wheel and this with more experience will get her to the winners circle. It may take a little while but that's OK. How many cars ended up wrecked in the shootout? Wrecks will happen, more with the new cars until the drivers learn to keep the car off the wall.

Bob Denman
02-26-2012, 09:14 AM
......Harry!...."Rubbin's Racin' Harry"!! :roflblack:
Scotty,
Danny caught me making the same mistake!! :roflblack:

We can't forget Harry! :thumbup:

dannymax
02-26-2012, 11:01 AM
Scotty,
Danny caught me making the same mistake!! :roflblack:

We can't forget Harry! :thumbup:

Harry can't Hyde!! Bwahahahaha! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

TicketBait
02-26-2012, 11:54 AM
My prediction for Daytona today is:hun::roflblack::bbq:

FIRST: Jeff Gordon
Second: Danica Patrick
third: Tony Stewart

Bob Denman
02-26-2012, 12:27 PM
I like your way of thinking... :2thumbs:
When it comes right down to it; Jeff hooked up last year with the Trevor Bayne, kept him in line and got him to the front.
She could pick a lot worse dance partner than the 24...

(Been a fan of his since 1993:thumbup:)

dannymax
02-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Looking like there's some weather moving across the area....might turn into a stop/start/start/stop kind of deal. :dontknow:

TicketBait
02-26-2012, 06:00 PM
I like your way of thinking... :2thumbs:
When it comes right down to it; Jeff hooked up last year with the Trevor Bayne, kept him in line and got him to the front.
She could pick a lot worse dance partner than the 24...

(Been a fan of his since 1993:thumbup:)

Me too! Chose him because of the rainbow colors on his car was easy to identify, use to drive NASCAR on my computer in 93;):D

Looks Like we have to wait till Monday now, glad I taped and fast forwarded thru lots of talk.

bruiser
02-26-2012, 06:25 PM
First time in NASCAR history, Daytona rained out. Doesn't bode well for the rest of the season. Lots of disappointed folks. Oh well, compost happens.

Bob Denman
02-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Guess what Randy??? No wreck for Oh Daddy.com today... :roflblack:

stillriding
02-27-2012, 07:41 AM
First time in NASCAR history, Daytona rained out. Doesn't bode well for the rest of the season. Lots of disappointed folks. Oh well, compost happens.

Better Daytona than Spyderfest!

dancogan
02-27-2012, 07:48 AM
Better Daytona than Spyderfest!

:thumbup: I agree. :roflblack: Maybe they'll get the race in today with a little luck.

dannymax
02-27-2012, 08:14 AM
:thumbup: I agree. :roflblack: Maybe they'll get the race in today with a little luck.

So far it looks like a little luck is going to be needed...no appreciable difference in the radar from yesterday that I see.
Still got 'storm blobs' moving across from the Gulf and, if anything, may have even shifted south a little.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/weather-news/news/articles/daytona-500-preview_2012-02-24

Bob Denman
02-27-2012, 08:33 AM
:gaah: Well on the bright side...
"Oh Daddy" may not wreck anything today either! :roflblack:
Time to go watch the NOAA website for updates. :thumbup:

dannymax
02-27-2012, 08:54 AM
"Oh Daddy"!! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: :thumbup:

Bob Denman
02-27-2012, 09:59 AM
:roflblack:http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_72.gif:roflblack: Well what would YOU like to call her?? :shocked: (Besides for a breakfast date?)

dannymax
02-27-2012, 10:05 AM
I can't respond to that truthfully without violating 'posting purity' regs, and risking irritating Mrs. Dannymax!! Which is never a good idea....:banghead:

So, "Oh Daddy" works for me!! :thumbup::roflblack::thumbup: :ohyea:

arntufun
02-27-2012, 10:35 AM
I just heard on the Radio that the race was postponed again. They will try to run it a 7pm tonight on FOX.

You know what that means.............. Raceing under the lights at DAYTONA !!!!! Yee Haw. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
02-27-2012, 10:57 AM
Nuthin good on TV on Monday nights anyway! :thumbup:
So now I'll get a couple of hours with my Spyder before Race Time... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_13.gif
140 days without her has been rough...

dannymax
02-27-2012, 11:19 AM
I just heard on the Radio that the race was postponed again. They will try to run it a 7pm tonight on FOX.

You know what that means.............. Raceing under the lights at DAYTONA !!!!! Yee Haw. :thumbup:

I have no problem with that!! Love to watch "The Shrub" throw sparks all over the place at night!! :thumbup:

Bob Denman
02-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Cooler temperatures will also make for some more horsepower! :thumbup:
and the sparks at night!! :shocked::yes:

ARtraveler
02-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Racing at night sounds good to me. :clap:

Bob Denman
02-27-2012, 01:28 PM
7:00pm Eastern time... What does that translate to in your neck of the woods?
...And how are you feeling too?? You mentioned back and hip issues???

Bob Denman
02-27-2012, 03:00 PM
The weather is not looking favorable for tonight either... :gaah:
Do you think that they might have to roll it all back to Tuesday??? :shocked: :yikes:

jvicker
02-27-2012, 03:02 PM
Just found this post.

Danica will be fine for a part time NASCAR driver. It's guys like Kvapil,Bliss,Cope,Hornish Jr. and Nemechek that can't drive. Nemechek had 36 starts last year with a 40.3 avg. finish. Of course the $2.9 million earning would be a good enough reason to keep racing no matter how bad you are. Where do I sign.:thumbup:

ARtraveler
02-27-2012, 03:16 PM
Bob: that's 3:00 PM my time (4 hour time difference from you). I am usually done with my daily jobs by 2:00 so I will be checking Fox network at 3:00 PM. I have to see what happens on lap 53 since I opened my big mouth. :roflblack:

Shoulder and hip joint issues continue--will have to see what transpires once I fire up the Black Widow.

Bob Denman
02-27-2012, 03:25 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you're still having difficulties... I always figure that 20 years fall away during a ride, so maybe some "saddle therapy" will help once the ryding season commences for you! :thumbup:

arntufun
02-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Danica wrecked on lap one !!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: This is post 88, the driver that might win this race !!!

arntufun
02-27-2012, 07:25 PM
Danica Debut 2012
--------------------------------------------

150 duels 2-23-12 ------------ wrecked
Nationwide Race 2-25-12------ wrecked
Sprint Race 2-26-12 ----------- she will wreck on lap ??? :roflblack:

I hate to say I told ya so.............. but I told ya so !!!! :yes::yes::yes:

Let me tell you how smart you are. I bow to you.............

Sprint Race 2-27-12 ------- wrecked on lap 1 :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Three Races ,,,,,,,,,,,Three wrecks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpyderAnn01
02-28-2012, 12:01 AM
I'm loving Pacific Time. I'm wide awake watching the last 40 laps of the race. How are all you Eastern time zone guys doing?

Rayelljay
02-28-2012, 12:04 AM
Just fine here in NC...!!!!:pray:

NancysToy
02-28-2012, 12:22 AM
I'm loving Pacific Time. I'm wide awake watching the last 40 laps of the race. How are all you Eastern time zone guys doing?
Not for :cus:! It's way past an old man's bedtime, but I have too much time invested to quit before the end.

ARtraveler
02-28-2012, 01:31 AM
That was one exciting race. Danika finished--which surprised me. I am pretty sure NASCAR now has the fans attention big time, with their new proceedures this year.

I am hoping though that this is not the year when we lose some drivers. It was pretty exciting to see that car roll over 3 times plus and the driver walk away, as well as tonights firey crash into the jet dryer truck--where both drivers ended up okay.

Time will tell, but I will be watching the next one for sure.

Bob Denman
02-28-2012, 07:48 AM
Technically she wadded it up on lap 2... (Past the star/finish line!)
I liked the fireworks display courtesy of Juan Pablo! :2thumbs:
Way too far past my bedtime; but I couldn't sleep 'cause it's back home in my garage now!!! :ohyea::ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

dannymax
02-28-2012, 08:55 AM
The 36 hours at Daytona....and no, that's not the Rolex race either!! Wow, what a marathon event....I wimped around 11:00 last night and hit the recorder button so I was nice and fresh this morning for the final....whatever was left, 50 laps? :dontknow:

Good racing, lots of excitement, the jet dryer fire wouldn't have been anywhere near as spectacular in the daylight. :yikes: I thought the 8 was in a good position but apparently the 17 was just too strong.....still a good start to the season.

Does anyone remember when a cup car hit the pace car? I think it may have been MIS but don't remember for sure, the pace car was a blue Pontiac, I don't recall who was in the cup car.....only saw one replay of it and that was it. Who was the driver in that deal....anyone remember?

Danica had a rough speed weeks for sure but NASCAR is a humbling sport, all part of the learning process....she handled it well, gonna be a great driver! :ohyea:

Tin Can
02-28-2012, 09:36 AM
:yes: You gotta love it.:yes:

Bob Denman
02-28-2012, 09:37 AM
Danica had a rough speed weeks for sure but NASCAR is a humbling sport, all part of the learning process....she handled it well, gonna be a great driver! :ohyea:
She had a little help getting caught up with the lap 2 slam dance... Her spotter was telling her to go low, but there was a car on her inside also losing it and that forced her up into the worst part of the fracas... A frustrating week for her; Time will tell!

Sarge707
02-28-2012, 12:22 PM
Danica did a Great job avoiding a situation she Didn,t cause?:clap: The over eager driving of one driver ended the race for many.:opps:

JJW SpyderRider
02-28-2012, 01:35 PM
Danica did a Great job avoiding a situation she Didn,t cause?:clap: The over eager driving of one driver ended the race for many.:opps:

:agree:

arntufun
02-28-2012, 04:26 PM
The people that think Danica is a good driver are smoking some good stuff !!!! With that being said, I'm going to stop talking about her until next Sunday when she wrecks again. :roflblack:

To change the topic a little, why won't Nascar run in the rain ???? It can't be more dangerous than this...........

Firefly
02-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Whike I admittedly don't follow this sport, I gotta agree with arntufun...... she's horrible and wouldn't be allowed on the track if she were a dude.

This one she didn't cause, but her over-reation made it a whole lot worse:

http://www.businessinsider.com/danica-patrick-crashes-again-her-third-this-week-at-daytona-2012-2

And why did they even bother putting her back into the race after working on the car for an hour+ ??

And this crash - no excuse for this one:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1080368-danica-patrick-video-nascars-queen-crashes-again-at-daytona

But hey... she does have a distinct disadvantage --- she has to keep checking her makeup in the rear-view mirror... probably what caused the above crash.... ;)

I also find the whole 'godaddy' advertising scheme to be cheesy and degrading... hence why I don't use them when I go to register domain names.

Firefly
02-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Her own crew isn't even safe.... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y8CcFGu_GQ&list=PL17DB41AA678094F7&index=9&feature=plpp_video

dannymax
02-28-2012, 05:12 PM
To change the topic a little, why won't Nascar run in the rain ???? It can't be more dangerous than this...........

They have run rain tires on road courses, not sure why they don't use them on round tracks. :dontknow:

Sarge707
02-28-2012, 05:36 PM
Whike I admittedly don't follow this sport, I gotta agree with arntufun...... she's horrible and wouldn't be allowed on the track if she were a dude.

This one she didn't cause, but her over-reation made it a whole lot worse:

http://www.businessinsider.com/danica-patrick-crashes-again-her-third-this-week-at-daytona-2012-2

And why did they even bother putting her back into the race after working on the car for an hour+ ??

And this crash - no excuse for this one:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1080368-danica-patrick-video-nascars-queen-crashes-again-at-daytona

But hey... she does have a distinct disadvantage --- she has to keep checking her makeup in the rear-view mirror... probably what caused the above crash.... ;)

I also find the whole 'godaddy' advertising scheme to be cheesy and degrading... hence why I don't use them when I go to register domain names.

The First Video the announcers are Praising her for getting out of danger after a Male lost ,control in front of her.
The Second video she was bumped in the rear end in a corner-A Noo Noo the announcer said?

roydog20
02-28-2012, 05:52 PM

MONTOYA DID THE BEST BURNOUT :yikes:

arntufun
02-28-2012, 06:16 PM
The First Video the announcers are Praising her for getting out of danger after a Male lost ,control in front of her.
The Second video she was bumped in the rear end in a corner-A Noo Noo the announcer said?

I hope that you realize the announcers work for Nascar. Three wrecks in three races is no coincidence. :gaah:
Look at what you have done. I said I wasn't going to waste my time on this horrible publicity stunt. :roflblack:

Sarge707
02-28-2012, 06:24 PM
I hope that you realize the announcers work for Nascar. Three wrecks in three races is no coincidence. :gaah:
Look at what you have done. I said I wasn't going to waste my time on this horrible publicity stunt. :roflblack:

I Toooo Hope The "Others"" Learn how to drive?:yikes: so she has a chance to perform!!!:2thumbs:

Firefly
02-29-2012, 02:00 AM
YouTube as a whole age dedicated to her many crashes. I remember her causing a big crash at Indy too- team Andretti was really pissed at her. She gunned it on wet pavement and spun out...and they knew she was gonna do it- hence why Andretti didn't want the race restarted since it was wet. She's horrible on the track, just hope he doesn't kill someone.

Rickey bobby is the man

Bob Denman
02-29-2012, 08:21 AM
I'm no fan of hers... :lecturef_smilie:
But take a look at how the other racers got started :shocked:
Just give her a chance to see what she can develop into and it might surprise all of us!

JPM's comment: "I've hit a lot of things on track, but a SWEEPER??"

"Checking her makeup in the mirror..." :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::thumb up:

dave01
02-29-2012, 08:34 AM
NASCAR'S latest is she was texting.....hmmmmm

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Trickie Dick
02-29-2012, 09:02 AM
While sitting around " smoking some good stuff", I realized what she is really good at. She's really good a getting people to talk about her. I think it's hilarious that so many have such definite opinions about her.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::r oflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbla ck::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::ro flblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblac k::roflblack: Right now she is second in sales of her NASCAR gear. And you wonder why NASCAR wanted her so bad. They needed her to help rescue a sinking ship.

dannymax
02-29-2012, 09:05 AM
We got well over 100 posts in this NASCAR thread and at least 75% of them reference Danica one way or another! :roflblack:

Can she drive? :dontknow: But she's already done as much for NASCAR as the Donnie/Cale fight in Daytona 'back in the day'! :thumbup:

Looks like she's a big success already!! :ohyea:

Bob Denman
02-29-2012, 11:23 AM
:agree::thumbup:

ARtraveler
02-29-2012, 11:34 AM
:agree: Lets see what happens and bring this up again a little further into the season.

arntufun
03-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Good job Fox news guy. Tell it like it is. :firstplace: This was on Yahoo this morning. :roflblack::roflblack: I just had to post it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K4lzRgNUkaw

Bob Denman
03-01-2012, 09:58 AM
:dontknow: I'm curious; what's your beef against this driver?? :dontknow: She's got opinions? :dontknow: She wrecks cars..(Well so far I'll give you that one!) You don't like attractive women? Well I know that ain't true because Holly is in your corner! :thumbup:
I've kind of about halfway noted what she's been doing over the last decade, and she sure seems to be serious about her racing... (Except for the Go Daddy crap anyway!) She'd rather talk about racing than her appearance it seems... Now if Richard Petty dismissed a question about his looks; do you think that he'd get the same amount of grief over it? :dontknow:
Now if she looked like Phyllis Diller and wanted to go racing; the issue would have never come up! :roflblack:

Firefly
03-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Good job Fox news guy. Tell it like it is. :firstplace: This was on Yahoo this morning. :roflblack::roflblack: I just had to post it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K4lzRgNUkaw

Yeah-- cracked me up----- he got suspended without pay for 1 week for that statement..... geesh....

But I gotta agree--- do a bunch of stupid obviously 'sexy' commercials and then complain about being labeled sexy? duh.

Firefly
03-01-2012, 10:12 AM
:dontknow: I'm curious; what's your beef against this driver?? :dontknow: She's got opinions? :dontknow: She wrecks cars..(Well so far I'll give you that one!) You don't like attractive women? Well I know that ain't true because Holly is in your corner! :thumbup:
I've kind of about halfway noted what she's been doing over the last decade, and she sure seems to be serious about her racing... (Except for the Go Daddy crap anyway!) She'd rather talk about racing than her appearance it seems... Now if Richard Petty dismissed a question about his looks; do you think that he'd get the same amount of grief over it? :dontknow:
Now if she looked like Phyllis Diller and wanted to go racing; the issue would have never come up! :roflblack:

I think you just made his point for him........which is that if she was not good looking.... she wouldn't be any big deal and probably not even racing at the level she is at.... they would have given her the boot long ago.

Bob Denman
03-01-2012, 10:42 AM
A valid point for sure! :thumbup: BUT... if she did get to this level of her sport without her looks being an issue; wouldn't that be preferable? :dontknow:

FANG
03-01-2012, 10:53 AM
A valid point for sure! :thumbup: BUT... if she did get to this level of her sport without her looks being an issue; wouldn't that be preferable? :dontknow:

Agree Bob -- what is the problem with Danica -- she is very serious about her racing. If you review the wrecks she has been involved in - most are not her fault - just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I would like to see all her bad mouthers take a hit like she took on Saturday and get back into a car and race again.
She got caught up in a wreck on Monday that essentially ended her night - she got back out there and was able to drive the remainder of the race and if you noted she did a good job. She learned a lot.
I think she is good for NASCAR - bringing another group that hopefully will become race fans.

dancogan
03-01-2012, 10:58 AM
----- he got suspended without pay for 1 week for that statement..... ...

THAT kind of statement, by the newscaster, is really lacking in class, more than anything Danica has ever said or done.

Bob Denman
03-01-2012, 11:02 AM
:agree: Newscasters should report the news and leave their personal feelings in their pockets... :gaah:

arntufun
03-01-2012, 11:12 AM
A word to decribe her,,,,,,,,,, It's starts with a B and it's not beautiful !!! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: I don't care who you are, that funny right there. :D

Bob Denman
03-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Please take a moment and give this a thought...
Would it be funny if a "newscaster" said that about Holly?
To insult somebody in a very public forum like television just seems... mean!

Raptor
03-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Ah, but there is the rub. First off, dude didn't really say it - he may have used interesting wording to convey his opinion - which last I checked he has a right to do, be it public forum or not - and second, she is a walking, posing contradiction! You can't sprawl 3/4 of the way naked all over a chopper or a custom pickup, and then expect to be taken seriously as a race driver. You can't have it both ways. Either be a swimsuit model or be a race car driver. CHOOSE! I think she can be a decent driver if she just chose to focus her energy there. Time will tell - she sure didn't make it in Indy Car.

And apparently she is not a pleasant person to be around in the paddock area either, especially when things are not going her way. I have heard this from many fans that have crossed paths with her. Either way, it was stupid to suspend the news caster for what he said. But whatever, I could care less.

Now, all that aside, that was one of the strangest 500s I have seen - maybe ever. It was good that no one got seriously hurt in that bizzare incident with Juan and the track dryer. But, congrats to the 17. I had a feeling he was the guy to beat. Was nice to see the 88 have a good race as well. So off to PHI we go. Really I'm just killing timie until Qatar - and we have round one of WSB in the books, which was great to see. Now THAT is racing my friends!

arntufun
03-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Please take a moment and give this a thought...
Would it be funny if a "newscaster" said that about Holly?
To insult somebody in a very public forum like television just seems... mean!

I understand what you are saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but it was true. :roflblack: Have you ever heard her speak to people like her poop don't stink and nothing is ever her fault ??? I do get what your saying though.

How did Danica get brought back up anyway ??? I got lured into this discussion again. :roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-01-2012, 12:56 PM
It's pretty rare for ANY driver to admit that they screwed the pooch when things got ugly...
During the fireworks at the shootout; Jeff Gordon was saying that The Shrub was all kinds of sideways while neglecting to mention that it was him causing all of the mayhem... :lecturef_smilie:
And I'm of fan of his! :opps:

Firefly
03-01-2012, 05:18 PM
:agree: Newscasters should report the news and leave their personal feelings in their pockets... :gaah:

C'mon.. it was a FOX station after all-- can't expect UN-opinionated news from them...... ;)

Maybe he meant BRAT??? Which she really is... in that interview she was being a BRAT. Complaining about being labeled 'sexy' when EVERY commercial she does has her slinking around in skimpy outfits.

NancysToy
03-01-2012, 08:48 PM
I won't get into the argument about whether Danica is good or bad...either for the sport or as a driver. I will say that if you haven't driven a racecar (or bike) over 200 mph on a track somewhere, you have absolutely noright to gripe. No matter how a person get his/her ride...looks, money, relatives, or old-fashioned pull, going fast is what it is all about. It takes a certain something to be able to tighten up the straps and press the loud pedal, no matter how you got the chance. I'd do it again in a heartbeat if I was able. nojoke

Firefly
03-01-2012, 09:57 PM
I'd do it again in a heartbeat if I was able. nojoke

But could you land a deal with GoDaddy??? :dontknow::roflblack:

dannymax
03-01-2012, 10:06 PM
:popcorn::popcorn:

Bob Denman
03-02-2012, 08:12 AM
But could you land a deal with GoDaddy??? :dontknow::roflblack:

:yikes:
:yikes::yikes:
:yikes::yikes::yikes: :roflblack:

NancysToy
03-02-2012, 08:46 AM
:yikes::yikes::yikes:

I'm speechless!

arntufun
03-02-2012, 09:01 AM
Nice abs Scotty !!! :roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-02-2012, 09:29 AM
If I may be so bold...
Scotty,
You could potentially be a VERY attractive transvestite! :roflblack:

dannymax
03-02-2012, 04:00 PM
I think it's been 'photo-shopped'! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-03-2012, 08:43 AM
He reminds me of Frank Zappa... :thumbup:

dannymax
03-03-2012, 09:06 AM
He reminds me of Frank Zappa... :thumbup:

And maybe just a little of Dweesil too!! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

arntufun
03-04-2012, 07:06 AM
Congrats Danica with your win !!! :thumbup: No, she did not win the race, but we all knew that would never happen. Her win was that her car was still in one piece at the end of the race.

She finished 21st and................

3 laps down. :roflblack::roflblack: I'm not sure how you take a top five car and finish so poorly, but it's Danica.

In more important news, a real :congrats: to E Sadler.

rnet
03-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Congrats Danica with your win !!! :thumbup: No, she did not win the race, but we all knew that would never happen. Her win was that her car was still in one piece at the end of the race.

She finished 21st and................

3 laps down. :roflblack::roflblack: I'm not sure how you take a top five car and finish so poorly, but it's Danica.

In more important news, a real :congrats: to E Sadler.
Randy any idea where you would finish, cut her some slack. Give her a year, then if she still has not performed, then let her have it.

Bob Denman
03-04-2012, 08:49 AM
That sounds like mid-pack to me... A lot of racers finished behind her too!

arntufun
03-04-2012, 09:23 AM
Randy any idea where you would finish, cut her some slack. Give her a year, then if she still has not performed, then let her have it.

I gave her 2010 and 2011 (two years) to prove herself, I've seen enough !!!! :roflblack:

Skip (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/#yuhead-search)

Danica Patrick

http://l.yimg.com/iu/api/res/1.2/Wl.hnpsrujcPGJ0D3LWMLQ--/YXBwaWQ9eXZpZGVvO2NoPTIxNTtjcj0xO2N3PTE2NDtkeD0xO2 R5PTE7Zmk9dWxjcm9wO2g9ODU7cT0xMDA7dz02NQ--/http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/v/nascar/drivers_l/20110607/1311.jpg

Danica Patrick
Chevrolet

Height: 5-2
Weight: 100
Born:Mar 25, 1982, Roscoe, IL

Career Race Data

Average

Year

Races

Win

Poles

Standings Finish

DNf

finish

Start

Winnings

2010 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/nascar/nationwide/drivers/1311/racelog?year=2010)

$330,819

2011 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/nascar/nationwide/drivers/1311/racelog?year=2011)

$320,716

2012 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/nascar/nationwide/drivers/1311/racelog?year=2012)

$69,945

Totals (http://www.spyderlovers.com/nascar/nationwide/drivers/1311/racelog?year=Totals)

$721,480

dannymax
03-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Danica ran a good solid race, picked up 8 or 9 spots from her starting position, kept the car out of trouble, managed her frustration well and finished solidly mid-pack....not a bad day at all. :clap: :thumbup:

rnet
03-04-2012, 12:43 PM
I gave her 2010 and 2011 (two years) to prove herself, I've seen enough !!!! :roflblack:

Danica Patrick

http://l.yimg.com/iu/api/res/1.2/Wl.hnpsrujcPGJ0D3LWMLQ--/YXBwaWQ9eXZpZGVvO2NoPTIxNTtjcj0xO2N3PTE2NDtkeD0xO2 R5PTE7Zmk9dWxjcm9wO2g9ODU7cT0xMDA7dz02NQ--/http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/v/nascar/drivers_l/20110607/1311.jpg

Danica Patrick
Chevrolet

Career Race Data

Average

Year
Races
Win
Poles
Standings Finish
DNf
finish
Start
Winnings

2010 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/nascar/nationwide/drivers/1311/racelog?year=2010)
$330,819

2011 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/nascar/nationwide/drivers/1311/racelog?year=2011)
$320,716

2012 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/nascar/nationwide/drivers/1311/racelog?year=2012)
$69,945

Totals (http://www.spyderlovers.com/nascar/nationwide/drivers/1311/racelog?year=Totals)

$721,480

Looking at those stats, she is solidly improving.

Sarge707
03-04-2012, 01:34 PM
I look forward to tuning in more often, "Now that she is racing?"
:clap:Wonder how the ratings will Goooo?:hun:

Rayelljay
03-04-2012, 03:36 PM
I have to chime in here....
So now we are in Phoenix but despite all the Formula classes and LeMans type cars, Fox calls Nascar drivers "the best drivers in the world."
As for Danica I wonder just how many of her critics could beat her.
Anyone ever heard of Lynn St. James...?

retread
03-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Or Betty Skelton?

ARtraveler
03-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Okay--novice question time again. Watched the race today at Phoenix. No Danika. Nothing was said about her that I caught.

Anyone know where she was today?

NancysToy
03-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Okay--novice question time again. Watched the race today at Phoenix. No Danika. Nothing was said about her that I caught.

Anyone know where she was today?
She is not running a full Sprint Cup schedule, only selected races.

Trickie Dick
03-04-2012, 08:35 PM

Danica Patrick

Danica Patrick
Chevrolet

Career Race Data

Average

Year
Races
Win
Poles
Standings Finish
DNf
finish
Start
Winnings

$330,819

$320,716

$69,945

$721,480

Good to see you brought her up again. She must be your favorite racer. Got her picture on the wall along with all her stats. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:
BTW, you neglected to mention the $12,000,000.00 she earned last year off track. :yikes:

Sarge707
03-04-2012, 10:05 PM
I Think she,s going at it in Las Vegas Next weekend and is expected to win??
Is this true?:dontknow:

Bob Denman
03-05-2012, 08:09 AM
Good to see you brought her up again. She must be your favorite racer. Got her picture on the wall along with all her stats.

:shocked: By golly; I think that you're absolutely right!! :roflblack:

Rayelljay
03-06-2012, 10:57 PM
If you want to see some great racing, tune into Speed on Sunday afternoon.....Aussie V8 Supercars.

Not an oval in the series...!!!

Bob Denman
03-07-2012, 08:11 AM
That stuff does look like more fun than watching monkeys rollerskate! :2thumbs::2thumbs:

dannymax
03-07-2012, 09:55 AM
If you want to see some great racing, tune into Speed on Sunday afternoon.....Aussie V8 Supercars.

Not an oval in the series...!!!

That's where Marcos Ambrose (#9 car) cut his teeth...was series champ before going to Cup.

Bob Denman
03-07-2012, 11:26 AM
...And he's one of the guys that I think will make it in NASCAR! :thumbup:

Bob Denman
03-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Randy,
I think that she managed a 12th-place finish today... :roflblack:

dannymax
03-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Randy,

You KNOW he already knows Bob....betcha anything he watched the it! :thumbup:

She had a good race! :2thumbs:

Sarge707
03-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Randy,
I was sooo Proud of her after race interview!
Maaaaaaaybe 1st Sooooooooooooon?:yikes:

arntufun
03-11-2012, 06:20 AM
I was sooo Proud of her after race interview!
Maaaaaaaybe 1st Sooooooooooooon?:yikes:

With a top 5 car she had, thats not to good. :coffee: I'm not impressed.

0 wins
0 top 5's
0 top 10's
5 races
crashed 3 times
= 60% crash record for 2012
Enough said !!! :roflblack:

Trickie Dick
03-11-2012, 06:26 AM
So anybody know who won???????? Or is this the Danica watch thread:popcorn::roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-11-2012, 08:46 AM
:shocked: Good question! I don't follow the Nationwide series; I just check in on it so that I can get Randy talking! :roflblack:
Now the Cup series is another matter... :2thumbs:

Trickie Dick
03-11-2012, 10:24 AM
:shocked: Good question! I don't follow the Nationwide series; I just check in on it so that I can get Randy talking! :roflblack:
Now the Cup series is another matter... :2thumbs:

Yeah, it's kinda fun isn't it.:roflblack:

NancysToy
03-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Gotta admit that we found the right button to push. :joke:

Bob Denman
03-11-2012, 01:55 PM
This is almost as much fun as picking on a kid sister when nobody's looking... :roflblack: :thumbup:

rnet
03-11-2012, 02:15 PM
What, stirring up Randy. You know what happened last time, THE Hammer:roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-12-2012, 06:59 AM
:shocked: Not THE HAMMER!! :roflblack:
I think that Holly monitors his time spent online a bit closer now... :gaah:

mowin
03-12-2012, 09:19 AM
:shocked: Not THE HAMMER!! :roflblack:
I think that Holly monitors his time spent online a bit closer now... :gaah:

If he behaves, she gives him another 15 min...:roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-12-2012, 09:36 AM
We pick on him a bit too much maybe... :shocked: :roflblack:
He's a real character, and I'd like to think of him a a real good friend. :thumbup:

arntufun
03-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Thanks guys !!!! Here is a little video for you. :thumbup: The ending is CLASSIC !!! :roflblack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nMFgxkzoo_0#t=4s

Sarge707
03-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Funny, But I have never seen her photo,s and could care less,:dontknow: She could be 6' 2" and overweight nojokebecause I,m Rootng for a BRAVE WOMAN in a Male (Hormonic attitude) Sport!:yikes:

Arr MiHardies
03-12-2012, 05:00 PM
I don't care one bit. Watching cars driving is circles seems pointless to me to put it lightly. What bugs me the most though is how horrendous traffic here in Vegas gets whenever there is a race here on the weekend.

Bob Denman
03-12-2012, 05:25 PM
[QUOTE=arntufun;425778]Thanks guys !!!! Here is a little video for you. :thumbup: The ending is CLASSIC !!! :roflblack:

:shocked: I am shocked and horrified... ;)

Firefly
03-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Thanks guys !!!! Here is a little video for you. :thumbup: The ending is CLASSIC !!! :roflblack:

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

--------------

Sarge.... if she were 6'2" and overweight... you wouldn't even know her name and she never would be behind the wheel. Sad... but true....

Trickie Dick
03-12-2012, 08:31 PM

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::2thumbs:

arntufun
03-19-2012, 08:17 PM
I forgot to mention how much Danica sucked last Saturday !!! This thread will stay alive all season long. :roflblack:

Sarge707
03-19-2012, 09:07 PM
I forgot to mention how much Danica sucked last Saturday !!! This thread will stay alive all season long. :roflblack:
What Place did she finish AND How many finished the Race behind Her? Just the facts PLEASE!!:popcorn:

Bob Denman
03-20-2012, 07:45 AM
:popcorn::popcorn: I guess I'll have to go look it up... :gaah: :roflblack:

Firefly
03-20-2012, 08:35 AM
3/17
NASCAR Nationwide Series at Bristol

3/10

NASCAR Nationwide Series at Las Vegas

3/3
NASCAR Nationwide Series at Phoenix

2/25

NASCAR Nationwide Series at Daytona presented by GoDaddy.com

Bob Denman
03-20-2012, 09:06 AM
You beat me to it... :thumbup:
19th for a finishing position is better than more than half of the field...

Firefly
03-20-2012, 11:14 AM
You beat me to it... :thumbup:
19th for a finishing position is better than more than half of the field...

She didn't crash.... an amazing feat by itself.... :roflblack:

I read recently that during a crash they now recommend they just take their hands off the wheel......

NancysToy
03-20-2012, 12:03 PM
I read recently that during a crash they now recommend they just take their hands off the wheel......
Yea, other venues have been doing that for years, but it took a girl with an in-car camera to show the good-old-boys how. A race later and they were all doing it. I always considered it kind of like genuflecting with arm restraints. Crossing my arms in front of my chest just made me feel better somehow. ;)

Firefly
03-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Yea, other venues have been doing that for years, but it took a girl with an in-car camera to show the good-old-boys how. A race later and they were all doing it. I always considered it kind of like genuflecting with arm restraints. Crossing my arms in front of my chest just made me feel better somehow. ;)

genuflecting.....:roflblack:

Well, I'm not sure if she should get all the credit for teaching the good ol' boys how to do that or not.... but she certainly has had enough practice using the technique to be an expert at it...... lol...... oh--- I tease Danica.......;)

ARtraveler
03-20-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm still making up my mind if she is good or bad as a driver.

I don't think we should be using Daytona as a benchmark race. That was so all over the place I still can remember it. We have not had a similar race since.

Bob Denman
03-20-2012, 01:00 PM
...And I think that she's twelfth in the points standings... :shocked:

mowin
03-20-2012, 03:58 PM
IF she ever wins a race, Randy will need a flack jacket:roflblack:.. You notice i said IF.....

Rayelljay
03-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Lets see how she handles a road course.

arntufun
03-20-2012, 07:21 PM
genuflecting.....:roflblack:

Well, I'm not sure if she should get all the credit for teaching the good ol' boys how to do that or not.... but she certainly has had enough practice using the technique to be an expert at it...... lol...... oh--- I tease Danica.......;)

I couldn't have said it better myself !!!!!
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:: roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbl ack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

arntufun
03-20-2012, 07:23 PM
I'm still making up my mind if she is good or bad as a driver.

I don't think we should be using Daytona as a benchmark race. That was so all over the place I still can remember it. We have not had a similar race since.

Just remember she ran a bunch of races in 2010 and 2011 and sucked then to !!!! :roflblack:

ARtraveler
03-20-2012, 08:28 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::roflblack:

Sarge707
03-20-2012, 08:58 PM
http://www.danicaracing.com/#2

No Law against posting a Website soo Interested people can see Official Race figures?

arntufun
03-21-2012, 05:02 AM
http://www.danicaracing.com/#2

No Law against posting a Website soo Interested people can see Official Race figures?

Nice try Sarge !!!! Send me to her offical website, so I can buy a Danica t-shirt. Not going to happen Sarge. :roflblack:

dave01
03-21-2012, 05:53 AM
I wonder if Pete at Spyder Wraps can make me a Go Daddy Danica wrap kit?????????

Sent from my iPad 3
using Tapatalk

Bob Denman
03-21-2012, 07:03 AM
Do you think that Randy would put that on his GS?? It might be green enough for him! :shocked:

ARtraveler
03-21-2012, 11:12 AM
How about if Danika wins--Randy puts the special wrap on his :spyder2: for one month? :roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-21-2012, 12:33 PM
:roflblack::roflblack::agree::roflblack::roflblack ::thumbup:

mowin
03-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Id pay to see that...

Bob Denman
03-21-2012, 05:12 PM
I'd imagine that a lot of us would be ready to chip in for that... :2thumbs:
He might have to actually put together a video apologizing to her too! :yikes:

mowin
03-21-2012, 06:17 PM
I'd imagine that a lot of us would be ready to chip in for that... :2thumbs:
He might have to actually put together a video apologizing to her too! :yikes:

He'd buy a RT before that ever happened:roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-22-2012, 07:19 AM
:shocked: Wouldn't that be a sign that the end is near??? :yikes: :roflblack:

dannymax
03-22-2012, 10:23 AM
:shocked: Wouldn't that be a sign that the end is near??? :yikes: :roflblack:

It would most surely be that sign!! :pray::pray::pray:

Bob Denman
03-22-2012, 11:10 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_22_25.gif

ARtraveler
03-22-2012, 11:14 PM
Where did Randy go? Is he pleading the 5th? :roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-23-2012, 07:09 AM
:shocked: He is suspiciously absent...
Has anybody seen him??? :dontknow:

arntufun
03-23-2012, 07:40 AM
The Go Daddy wrap might be cool, but I'm sorry I don't want to be associated with her in any way. :doorag:

Bob Denman
03-23-2012, 08:52 AM
Perhaps Snooki then??? :roflblack::roflblack: :shocked:

Sarge707
03-23-2012, 11:45 AM
The Go Daddy wrap might be cool, but I'm sorry I don't want to be associated with her in any way. :doorag:

:yikes: :hun: :roflblack:

ARtraveler
03-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Your opinion is respected on the Danika wrap. :2thumbs:

mowin
03-23-2012, 02:20 PM

Ok just a bumper sticker then...:roflblack: It would make Fatal Attraction even faster..:roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-24-2012, 12:51 PM
But he's got no rear fender to put it on... :shocked:

arntufun
03-24-2012, 01:23 PM
But he's got no rear fender to put it on... :shocked:

He should know that by now Bob !!!!!!!! At least he better.... This is what I did to him last year. :roflblack:

dannymax
03-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Was he drafting? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

mowin
03-24-2012, 10:10 PM
And that was with a bald tire... Thats why i call him the "mud slinger"... I'd hate to see what the bike and I would have looked like if that was a new tire..:yikes:

Bob Denman
03-25-2012, 08:15 AM
"Rubbin is racing, Harry!" :D

dannymax
03-25-2012, 09:29 AM
"Rubbin is racing, Harry!" :D

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Speaking of racin', Danica got a raw deal at Fontana....they sent her out with a junk car, which failed early....she was heading to the front too!! :ohyea:

Well....slowly, she was heading to the front....she was bideing her time, picking 'em off one by one!! Got gyped out of her first win probly! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

arntufun
03-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Another typical Danica performance boys !!!!! :roflblack: 35th and could only complete 63 of 150 laps. Thats not even half of them !!!! I'm starting to think I might be psychic, I knew this before the season started and tried to warn you all. :roflblack:

Yet more excuses coming from Danica's mouth,

“That’s just what happened,” Patrick said in the garage. “It’s not a Chevy issue. It’s not a team issue. It’s just a bad luck issue, and unfortunately, I feel like we’ve been catching a fair amount of it at the beginning of the season.”

It's a driver issue Danica, real racers make there own luck. I hope you boys are starting to understand this now. :coffee:

Rayelljay
03-25-2012, 01:21 PM
"Real racers make their own luck".

OK...watch the IZOD race this pm....real racers...in your eyes...yeah.
Elio Castroneves....a real racer.....had battery trouble but with all the electronics in the car...he couldn't get the thing into neutral and had to park the car. How do you figure that...???

Bob Denman
03-25-2012, 04:40 PM
Engines break when you twist them up that tight. But there's no choice on a 2 mile track... :gaah: Unless she pushed in the clutch and twisted it until the weasel went "POP", there's nothing that she could have done.
Rain delay in the Cup Race right now... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_5.gif

dannymax
03-25-2012, 07:26 PM
Real racers like Juan Pablum? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:

Bob Denman
03-26-2012, 07:02 AM
"One Problem Montoya" :shocked:

dannymax
03-26-2012, 07:18 AM
"One Problem Montoya" :shocked:

A GOOD belly laugh to start the day....thanks for that one Bob!! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:.....:thumbup:

Bob Denman
03-26-2012, 07:22 AM
Glad to help out. :thumbup:
You've got to admit... It just kind of flows naturally! :roflblack:

mowin
03-26-2012, 07:50 AM
Glad to help out. :thumbup:
You've got to admit... It just kind of flows naturally! :roflblack:

Ive got to remember that one...Friend of mine thinks he's the best driver out there...:roflblack:

NancysToy
03-26-2012, 11:27 AM
He was a good open-wheel racer, but never has seemed to adapt to "rude and crude." It's different when the guys bang into each other.

arntufun
03-26-2012, 11:54 AM
In Juan's defense, he does not have good equipment from Chip Ganassi. He has a few wins, lots of top 5's and even more top 10's. That race program is not the greatest and Ganassi cant be put in the same zip code as Hendrick. Juan will always do better than that other open wheel publicity stunt.

Juan Pablo Montoya

http://l.yimg.com/iu/api/res/1.2/K1y0ncseM8_uKX0WlHx4.g--/YXBwaWQ9eXZpZGVvO2NoPTIxNTtjcj0xO2N3PTE2NDtkeD0xO2 R5PTE7Zmk9dWxjcm9wO2g9ODU7cT0xMDA7dz02NQ--/http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/v/nascar/drivers_l/20110607/287.jpg

Juan Pablo Montoya
Chevrolet

Height: 5-6
Weight: 159
Born:Sep 20, 1975, Bogota,

Sprint Cup

Driver Profile (http://www.spyderlovers.com/nascar/sprint/drivers/287;_ylt=AkFbsQHVtTDPGLgrv2c3jPm0a4Z4)
Driver Notes (http://www.spyderlovers.com/nascar/sprint/drivers/287/news;_ylt=An.IWVHM2lh1ZALexu3Ug7.0a4Z4)
Split Stats (http://www.spyderlovers.com/nascar/sprint/drivers/287/splits;_ylt=Asp3p.IRZBmIrdoE94VJTP.0a4Z4)
Career Stats (http://www.spyderlovers.com/nascar/sprint/drivers/287/career;_ylt=AnWIr98NZvEdEDalz6Mk3IK0a4Z4)
Race Log (http://www.spyderlovers.com/nascar/sprint/drivers/287/racelog;_ylt=AgK067ZrchWM0axRKdltj0K0a4Z4)
Photos (http://www.spyderlovers.com/nascar/sprint/drivers/287/photos;_ylt=ArDBUvYVEvgKm9SKBs3lZD20a4Z4)

Career Race Data

Average

Year

Races

Wins

Poles

Standings Finish

DNF

Finish

Start

Winnings

2006 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/nascar/sprint/drivers/287/racelog?year=2006)

$61,425

2007 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/nascar/sprint/drivers/287/racelog?year=2007)

$4,822,208

2008 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/nascar/sprint/drivers/287/racelog?year=2008)

$4,409,363

2009 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/nascar/sprint/drivers/287/racelog?year=2009)

$5,274,195

2010 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/nascar/sprint/drivers/287/racelog?year=2010)

$5,088,406

2011 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/nascar/sprint/drivers/287/racelog?year=2011)

$5,024,851

2012 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/nascar/sprint/drivers/287/racelog?year=2012)

$829,275

Totals (http://www.spyderlovers.com/nascar/sprint/drivers/287/racelog?year=Totals)

$25,509,723

Bob Denman
03-26-2012, 11:57 AM
186 races with an average finish of 21.5?? Can't get any more midpack than that!! :roflblack:

Firefly
03-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Seems she's becoming the 'Tebow of Nascar' ......... Maybe she'll get traded too.....:roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Think she'd drive for Stewart-Haas??

dannymax
03-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Think she'd drive for Stewart-Haas??

Jeez, I doubt it.....just can't see Tony gettin' involved in a publicity stunt like that!

He's a real racer....hires only top-notch talent! :thumbup:

mowin
03-26-2012, 09:23 PM
Juan is a little wine a$$...He's like JR, will never be one of the top drivers no matter how much money is thrown at his team.

dave01
03-27-2012, 12:25 AM
http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/12/34/17/2737149/3/628x471.jpg
Hinchcliffe played it up well prior to the St Pete Indy race.

Bob Denman
03-27-2012, 07:14 AM
:shocked: Now I have to poke my mind's eye out... AGAIN! :roflblack:

arntufun
03-27-2012, 07:43 AM
http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/12/34/17/2737149/3/628x471.jpg
Hinchcliffe played it up well prior to the St Pete Indy race.

Now thats funny,,,,,,, :roflblack:

dannymax
03-27-2012, 08:06 AM
:agree: You gotta admit, Danica's involvement is a real shot in the arm for motorsports!

arntufun
03-27-2012, 08:13 AM
:agree: You gotta admit, Danica's involvement is a real shot in the arm for motorsports!

Not really Dan !!! :lecturef_smilie: It portraying that you don't have to be any good to participate. You just have to have a xx chromozone and pose half nude in commercials to get a free ride and lots of media coverage. :roflblack:

Trickie Dick
03-27-2012, 08:16 AM
Jeez, I doubt it.....just can't see Tony gettin' involved in a publicity stunt like that!

He's a real racer....hires only top-notch talent! :thumbup:

:yikes::lecturef_smilie:Who do you thinks owns her Sprint Cup car?

dannymax
03-27-2012, 09:05 AM
Not really Dan !!! :lecturef_smilie: It portraying that you don't have to be any good to participate. You just have to have a xx chromozone and pose half nude in commercials to get a free ride and lots of media coverage. :roflblack:

And that's the whole thing right there!! :agree: It may turn out that she's a good NASCAR driver and it may not but her presence has already been a huge boost for the sport. Like it or not, the days of 'run what you brung' are gone....it's a big money show now....bling is the thing and sex sells!

:yikes::lecturef_smilie:Who do you thinks owns her Sprint Cup car?

I know T/D, I was being sarcastic...:thumbup:

Bob Denman
03-27-2012, 09:54 AM
It may turn out that she's a good NASCAR driver and it may not but her presence has already been a huge boost for the sport. ...it's a big money show now....bling is the thing and sex sells!

Well she's got people noticing NASCAR, and that's a good thing! :thumbup: If she ultimately can prove that she's got the talent to "turn wheels" with the rest of the racers...good for her!

Firefly
03-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Randy sells out!

arntufun
03-27-2012, 10:23 AM
Randy sells out!

:roflblack::roflblack: Good one :thumbup:

dannymax
03-27-2012, 10:46 AM
:roflblack::roflblack: Good one :thumbup:

It sure is!! :agree::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

ARtraveler
03-27-2012, 10:51 AM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

arntufun
03-27-2012, 11:03 AM
I do have nice hair, but Firefly could have atleast giving me a better chest. :roflblack::roflblack:

rnet
03-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Randy, now if you start posing half naked it will be time to drop the hammer again.:roflblack:

Firefly
03-27-2012, 12:22 PM
I do have nice hair, but Firefly could have atleast giving me a better chest. :roflblack::roflblack:

Be careful what you wish for.....

arntufun
03-27-2012, 12:46 PM
Be careful what you wish for.....

I'd sleep with me !!!! :roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-27-2012, 12:54 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_11_10.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_11_10.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_11_10.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_2_6.gif

ARtraveler
03-27-2012, 02:28 PM
:popcorn::popcorn:

Bob Denman
03-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Come to think of it; he might make an attractive date... WHAT??? :shocked:

zrc
03-27-2012, 03:18 PM
LEFT TURN!

dannymax
03-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Come to think of it; he might make an attractive date... WHAT??? :shocked:

:yikes: I slammed the delete button right through the desk top but I can't un-do this awful image in my mind!! :shocked::shocked::shocked: